E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 interior swap - straight fit?

12-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
BimmerW
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320d/320i

E90 interior swap - straight fit?

Hi All,

I have never liked the part leather grey seats in my 320d. Totally hate it, tried to shampoo them but still they look awful and I am thinking to change them to something smarter (if at all possible) (05 plate)

Now, I have come across a few black leather sets which look good, some electric and some semi-electric.

The car currently has electric seats but no heated seat.

Is there something I should look out for and importantly are these easy to fit...or anyone know how much it would cost?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
foxy-stoat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320 E91

For minimal fuss, get some non lci electric/manual seats, no heat.

If you get memory ones then you may need another set of power wires to the drivers chair and K-Bus wires, not a huge job. If you want heated, then you'll need the heated a/c panel and another load of wiring...make sure you get all the control boxes under the seats.

LCI seats will fit but the air bag connections are different so you will need to change over the connectors or air bags.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
BimmerW
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320d/320i

Hi,

Thanks!

So another question please - if I happen to find a seat with memory (not too fussed about memory) I don't have to set-it up to work or are there any circuit issues which may arise if I leave the memory/heat module as it is?

Ideally just want them to be electric as if I get manual, will the existing circuit be left there and guess that would cost additional to get sealed?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #4
foxy-stoat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320 E91

What do you mean...set it up?

You may need to add a positive and negative and the k bus wires and that's it...otherwise it won't move.

If you take a pic of the wiring to your drivers seat I'll tell you want extra wires you'll need.

If you are going to unplug your seat you need to disconnect the battery first.
Appreciate 0