E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Speeding fine....

07-05-2007, 08:03 PM   #23
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e93 View Post
School Zones - ahhhhhhhhh - most of the entrances to these schools are in a side street anyway - haven't noticed any speed cameras there though!

The Road Angel is a windscreen mount GPS device with all the speed cameras, red light cameras etc programmed in. It alerts you when you approach one of these zones. I wish the BMW Navigation had the option of uploading these. I'd love a radar detector (many here apparently need one) but alas as you say they are illegal!
can you set POI's in the bimmer? if so, just set them where cameras are and set them with an alarm?
      07-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #24
eml
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe, F48 X1 xDr25i

here's a link:

http://www.bmwnavaddpoi.co.uk/

haven't had the time to try it out.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #25
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Hi,

Agree it's a bummer you cannot program POI's into the Nav system easily. I bought a road angle and it's pretty good. Recently they had some stock shortages that made getting it a tad difficult.

Have seen that nasty new camera at Lindfield as well, it's still not operational as yet (as far as I know) as they still have the signs covered. I updated my road angel today so will see if they have added it to the POI's.

I bought a product called photo blocker (or similar) from the US several years ago. It's like a clear lacquor that you spray onto your number plates, supposed to block the bright flash. Now I have been pinged once at the Spit bridge during the day by the camera there, given no flash required I can see why. HOWEVER at night it seams to work, recently I did get a massive flash on Military road (red light camera) and have yet to receive any nasty mail and it's been 6-8 weeks now.

In terms of radar detectors there are companies selling them in Sydney. A fully consealed unit is about $1400 installed. It is illegal to have one in your car and from memory it's 9 points + $1200 fine if you are caught. Will not work on fixed cameras (as they use sensors in the road, not radar) or lasers. Happy to forward info, just PM me.

Regards,

S
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #26
e93
open air motoring at its best
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eml View Post
here's a link:

http://www.bmwnavaddpoi.co.uk/

haven't had the time to try it out.
Thanks - had a look but this ain't easy. No audible warnings either - just POIs on the map. The road angel or similar is probably the way to go. I noticed on their website that they have discontinued the EVO (the non map display one) but stock may be available via Harvey Norman. At $299 its cheap insurance.

I reckon some of those "James Bond" revolving number plates are the answer I could just push the button whenever I speed to spin the plate around to read KME-123.
2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
Appreciate 0