E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E91 Dad Wagon Build

07-23-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
R11TKR
IG: Ryan.Tuckerx - SlammedUK
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E91

Garage List
Lightbulb E91 Dad Wagon Build

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but have been looking through the different threads for a while now as it's helped me with a few bits!

I've recently bought a 320d Touring in Le Mans Blue for a daily, which I did originally say I wasn't going to modify... It's absolutely perfect for what I need, not too slow, very good on fuel, looks lovely (when it's clean). Found this on Auto Trader and went to see it the next day and drove it home!

Few pictures of the car before I started playing...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
R11TKR
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Lightbulb

Finally the V5c came through the post so I could get that standard plate off and get my private plate on it! Once the front plate was off I thought I'd get a couple of pictures to see how mean the car looked, and probably against everyones opinions, I prefer it without!

For now though I have put my short plate on the car, and before anyone has anything to say, yes it is fully road legal, yes I have checked, yes it is spaced out and sized right, no I haven't been pulled over for it.

I also had the centre pipe come away from the flexi on the exhaust so for around a week it sounded like a tank... now back on it's a lot quieter, obviously had to have a few minor things go wrong like this before I could even start to modify it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 11:26 AM   #3
porsche959
Banned
Rep
Drives: porsche

Not sure why but I am getting e39 m5 vibes. Very cool.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 03:44 PM   #4
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Gorgeous wagon kitted out in sport trim. Way to go!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #5
tr3flip
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | E91 | Acura TSX

Love it! Such a well packaged E91. Good luck with the build.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 02:11 AM   #6
R11TKR
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Lightbulb

Cheers for the replies guys!

I don't have any pictures but I went ahead and bought some Team Heko wind deflectors for the front and rear windows to give it the proper "Touring" look (just because I wont ever put a bike on the roof).

Then also thought the headlights were a bit rubbish for what they were, bit gutted that it didn't come with Xenons as standard but it had the full spec I wanted barring this so compromised. I have now fitted some H7R HID bulbs which do not give off any glare to oncoming traffic and are designed to work with the reflector headlights. They are much brighter and actually light up the road!

I will however still have to do something with the poor yellow looking angel eye rings in the future, and just changing the bulb won't cut it so it looks like a whole headlight apart and replace the actual rings themselves
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 11:55 AM   #7
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11TKR View Post
Cheers for the replies guys!

I don't have any pictures but I went ahead and bought some Team Heko wind deflectors for the front and rear windows to give it the proper "Touring" look (just because I wont ever put a bike on the roof).

Then also thought the headlights were a bit rubbish for what they were, bit gutted that it didn't come with Xenons as standard but it had the full spec I wanted barring this so compromised. I have now fitted some H7R HID bulbs which do not give off any glare to oncoming traffic and are designed to work with the reflector headlights. They are much brighter and actually light up the road!

I will however still have to do something with the poor yellow looking angel eye rings in the future, and just changing the bulb won't cut it so it looks like a whole headlight apart and replace the actual rings themselves
Interesting on the bulbs! Which ones exactly did you use? Seeing some weird links online...
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 02:27 AM   #8
R11TKR
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
Interesting on the bulbs! Which ones exactly did you use? Seeing some weird links online...
I tried to get a photo of them but all it did was look like the headlights were glowing... I actually bought mine from www.hids4u.co.uk and they come with the ballast needed to power them. Plus they come with a 2 year warranty so it does prove that they trust in their equipment. H7R 35W HID Kit