E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > has anyone ever tried 5htp?

03-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #45
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
i'd say i'm in the low-to-mid-teens right now since new years. also, i have those links bookmared lol
slow down dude. Its probably not even fun anymore at that point. How many do you need to take a night to get your roll going? Cut back for at least a month. Save that shit for some totally awesome rave coming up. Trust me.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #46
JCE
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M3 2010 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
welp, definitely not taking ambien
Blacking out and doing stuff like I described is a common side effect. Do some google searches. But, I have friends that take them like tic-tacs and they have no problem. They are a common sleep aid so maybe it is allright for you, but beware is all I am saying.

I took them off and on, and the main side effect at that time was my motor skills were screwed. It was a bitch to type on a computer for example, but it was no big deal because I took them right before bed and just hung around doing stuff until I crashed. When the truck thing happened I stopped.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #47
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
When I was smoking bud heavily, it increased my anxiety to a point it was tough to sleep. Once I quit just taking a couple sleep aid pills helped me sleep. Diphenhydramine or w/e, same thing in Tylenol PM
Just an FYI, but be careful about what else is in what you're taking. Diphenhydramine (like in Tylenol PM and benadryl) is often packaged with acetaminophen, which is a nasty hepatotoxic (liver-damaging) drug. You have to be even more careful if you're drinking, because acetaminophen has a synergistic effect with alcohol, and can cause liver failure, even at a young age.

Not to sound like I'm going on a tirade, but there is currently a lot of debate within the FDA about banning or severely limiting supply of drugs like Tylenol, due to how damaging it can be.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #48
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

too many posts to quote -- last time i rolled was last saturday (the 26th). i actually planned to stay sober for all of march, which is looking pretty promising so far. i have a feeling it really is that i just need a break. once all the family stuff subsides and i clear my head a bit, i think i'll be straight. it hasn't affected other aspects of my life, school, work, etc. it's usually when i'm alone when i'll start to feel 'off' or whatever

edit: that, and when i try to go to sleep at night
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #49
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Yea, when you smoke good bud it messes with your brain which will induce panic attacks or anxiety. Haven't even came close to experiencing that once since I stopped.
did not know that... can you point me in the direction of some reading material about this? would like to know more. and what do you mean by 'good bud?' high thc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
How much rolling have you been doing? I've been on like maybe 3 - 4 pills a month for maybe... 4 or 5 months and i was still functional. This is like 2 years ago. Havent rolled since NYE and I am craving it bad, seriously I feel like this is the longest i've ever gone without rolling in like 5 years.

Cant imagine the roll im going to have next.

Btw..

http://www.erowid.org/

Best website ever.

Basics: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_basics.shtml
Effects: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_effects.shtml

I always check this site and read as much as possible about a drug before i take it for the first time. Helps me feel better, and know what to expect.
like 4 a night? or 4x a month?

how much recovery time you guys give yourselves?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #50
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
did not know that... can you point me in the direction of some reading material about this? would like to know more. and what do you mean by 'good bud?' high thc?

Used to go to 1 show a month take about 2-4 pills in that night. Had about a months recovery time inbetween shows.

Now I only do it when something really good comes up, and i take 1.5-2 pills. 3 if they're crappy.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #51
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

http://************/5uzmlg4/

Here's a research article if you're a bit more curious:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...p.560/abstract

OP, best of luck, hope you are able to recover. Be safe
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #52
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

try some lunesta. i took that shit during and after int'l trips...shit knocks you out cold and has little side effects that i could see. i used to take ambien and became dependent to it. it took me ~3 months to get off that shit with many unsettled nights in the process. so yea...stay away from ambien. shit is whack.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #53
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
Used to go to 1 show a month take about 2-4 pills in that night. Had about a months recovery time inbetween shows.

Now I only do it when something really good comes up, and i take 1.5-2 pills. 3 if they're crappy.
Sounds like we're close to the same level. Less than 2 years experience my side and I like to take more at big raves. Haven't had an opportunity since NYE either.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #54
jeiarneec
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

benedryl
      03-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #55
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like we're close to the same level. Less than 2 years experience my side and I like to take more at big raves. Haven't had an opportunity since NYE either.
I used to roll REALLY hard, which is why i think i was doing it so much. Then it kind of tapered off and I wasn't feeling it so much anymore. Slowed down heavily and now when i roll... its almost as good as the first time i took it.

Blows my mind seriously. Been rolling for 3 years now I think.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #56
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

xanex