E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I do need help for a strong smell of leaking exhaust & DPF regeneration failure

04-28-2023, 10:45 AM   #1
machalupin
Rep
Drives: E91 320D

Unhappy I do need help for a strong smell of leaking exhaust & DPF regeneration failure

I am driving a 2005 BMW E91 320d with M47N2 engine.

When I use the outside air intake, there is a strong smell of exhaust that seems to be leaking, which causes my eyes and throat to become irritated.
I also feel like there has been a drop in power.
There are no error codes, but it seems like there is a significant exhaust leak. I'm not sure if it's related, but about six months ago, I was no longer able to manually regenerate the DPF and the engine area is covered in soot.
The DPF regeneration request works, but the status remains "not requested." Currently, the soot mass is 45.38g and the ash mass is 24.95g.
I'm not sure if the exhaust leak is due to a problem with the exhaust manifold or if it's related to a clogged DPF, but I think the inability to manually regenerate it may be related.
In my country, information about diesel cars from the E90 generation is very rare. If you have any hints, please let me know.

I do need your help. thank you.
Appreciate 0