E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Has anyone got SMS/email working with iPhone yet?

09-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
phil3103
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 / E46M3

Has anyone got SMS/email working with iPhone yet?

As the subject states. I understand with ios6 we should be able to read SMS and email via I drive now. Checked the inboard software update and it says all up to date but then the details say ios5!

Checked BMW.com/update and its not accepting my VIN to check at the mo so I suspect there's something going in the background because the compatibility checker isn't working either.

Has anyone got this working yet?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
greyt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 & iX3

BMW website has been down for a little while. It accepts the vin, shows you two software updates but these go to dead links.

You need IOS 6. Text messages are appearing on my Idrive. Another forum says that email worked during some IOS6 betas but is currently broken in the final IOS6 release.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
insane79
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyt View Post
BMW website has been down for a little while. It accepts the vin, shows you two software updates but these go to dead links.

You need IOS 6. Text messages are appearing on my Idrive. Another forum says that email worked during some IOS6 betas but is currently broken in the final IOS6 release.
Hi,
I have a 2009 E90 325i lci with idrive, i also have ios6 installed on my iphone 4s, how can i see msgs on the screen? i don't have bmw app just standard idrive?

Thanks..
Appreciate 0