E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > BC Racing coilover

12-27-2012, 03:24 AM   #1
Tak1986
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

BC Racing coilover

Hi,

Any uk members have those installed on their car? Any review or feedback would be appreciate!

I am consider kw v1 or the racing. I know the kw is only height adjustable where bc is fully adjust, but their price are very similar

Cheers
Sam
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

So I'm on BC coil overs on my e92 as are a few others on this forum in the UK. Goto my Build Thread and have a read as I've written my thoughts.... In a nutshell... AWESOME!
      12-27-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
Tak1986
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer
So I'm on BC coil overs on my e92 as are a few others on this forum in the UK. Goto my Build Thread and have a read as I've written my thoughts.... In a nutshell... AWESOME!
Great! Will have a good look when i am on a PC!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 04:15 AM   #4
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Oh and there's little to compare between kw v1 and BC racing if the former is only height adjustable. If yu want to go kw then opt for v2 as they're more user friendly, or the BC. Fr me BC were top quality and fully adjustable with a very good price attachment.

Sam.
      12-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
E90325iM-SPORT
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: E90 325i m-sport

Garage List
I have question about bcs too. Do they need any additional parts like shorter drop links or something to set kds right. Thanks
      12-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
Tak1986
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Oh and there's little to compare between kw v1 and BC racing if the former is only height adjustable. If yu want to go kw then opt for v2 as they're more user friendly, or the BC. Fr me BC were top quality and fully adjustable with a very good price attachment.

Sam.
Thanks Sam!

I had a look at your build thread, I am tempted to get a set for my touring. The stock m sport suspension is not comfy, wonder if the bc set up will be much crashy or similar to m sport set up, guess the adjustable damping can swtich to my liking anyway.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanbmws View Post
I have question about bcs too. Do they need any additional parts like shorter drop links or something to set kds right. Thanks
Valid question indeed. So you don't need anything apart from the rear damping adjusters which don't get included in the BC coilover set, for some strange reason. It comes with everyting include top mounts etc but you'll have to spend an extra £25 to buy the rear damping adjusters, which isn't a bank breaker and even then, costs far less than any other decent coilover kit.

You do not need anything else to turn heads, feel like you're ridin' durtayyyyy or anything of the sort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak1986 View Post
Thanks Sam!

I had a look at your build thread, I am tempted to get a set for my touring. The stock m sport suspension is not comfy, wonder if the bc set up will be much crashy or similar to m sport set up, guess the adjustable damping can swtich to my liking anyway.
Do IT! The ride quality for me certainly (and I know 3 other people who are on BC coilovers who love their ride Q) is brilliant! The adjustable damping allows you to really go hard (not advised for Daily Driving, trust me I tried it for 2 days and I hated it!!) or really soft.

Find a good balance between the two and you've got yourself an absolute bargain in terms of what else is comparable to BC quality and a beautifully sitting car to make a statement . The ride quality is excellent and it drives a dream .. better than m sport and not crashy at all

Happy New Year !
      12-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
E90325iM-SPORT
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: E90 325i m-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Valid question indeed. So you don't need anything apart from the rear damping adjusters which don't get included in the BC coilover set, for some strange reason. It comes with everyting include top mounts etc but you'll have to spend an extra £25 to buy the rear damping adjusters, which isn't a bank breaker and even then, costs far less than any other decent coilover kit.

You do not need anything else to turn heads, feel like you're ridin' durtayyyyy or anything of the sort

Do IT! The ride quality for me certainly (and I know 3 other people who are on BC coilovers who love their ride Q) is brilliant! The adjustable damping allows you to really go hard (not advised for Daily Driving, trust me I tried it for 2 days and I hated it!!) or really soft.

Find a good balance between the two and you've got yourself an absolute bargain in terms of what else is comparable to BC quality and a beautifully sitting car to make a statement . The ride quality is excellent and it drives a dream .. better than m sport and not crashy at all

Happy New Year !
Thanks for reply mate,where to get them adjusters from ?from bc guys?
      12-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #9
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah try them, Corby Motorsport alternatively. BC UK have them but I'm on my phone right now so unable to send across a link.