E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help with syncing service computer (not resetting)

11-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Help with syncing service computer (not resetting)

Hi,

My idrive service computer (mileage remaining) is frozen and not in sync with the true values for both front and rear brakes.

The car's internal computer properly keeps track of the values but the one that is in the idrive is not in sync. It froze up at 10000 for front brakes and 50000 on rear brakes. When I went to bmw dealer today, the key read showed 4000 for front and 45000 for rears.

I found a DIY on how to reset the service, but I am looking for how to sync it with the vehicle values instead. Is this doable? I had bmw do it a few years back when car was still warrantied and they did and it worked fine until it froze up again recently.
Appreciate 0