E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Professional Detailers in Sydney area

04-30-2007, 06:03 AM   #45
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
We do every type of detailing. Our head detailer is very good.

We are based in Bondi Junction, Alexandria, Gladesville and Catle Hill. If you ever decide to pop in, let me know so I can organise a discount for you.

Cheers.
How about a group discount if we get a mob of bimmers and come fill up the yard?
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 06:03 AM   #46
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
where abouts is teh castle hill one?

is this the one on victoria ave?
Yep..... 4 Victoria Ave.

Have you been there astra???

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 06:05 AM   #47
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
nah, i just drive past it sometimes
      04-30-2007, 06:06 AM   #48
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
How about a group discount if we get a mob of bimmers and come fill up the yard?

I'd be happy to give everyone here a group discount. No problem there at all. The more Bimmers the better.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 06:16 AM   #49
sevey
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Where's the Alexandria one....? I work in there.
      04-30-2007, 06:24 AM   #50
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevey View Post
Where's the Alexandria one....? I work in there.
It's in the South Sydney Business Park. It's only a small one - no cafe.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2007, 06:36 AM   #51
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merli View Post
To be honest, I can't remember what he used, but I'm 100% sure it wasn't generic stuff like Meguiars. I have a tub of S100 (same as P21s apparently, but you can get it at Harley Davidson dealers much more readily in Australia) and it's definitely great stuff! Easy to apply and fantastic results

Martin (owner operator) is extremely.......... eccentric He is anal beyond belief about detailing cars. He does it in his own garage and literally lives and breathes detailing. When I dropped my car off there, he had about 8 cars in his garage, including a red Ferrari 360 (this was a few years ago) that he moved out to get my car in ... there was this 60's Rolls Royce with its ENTIRE leather interior wrapped in glad wrap and some kind of product "feeding" the leather for 2 weeks to moisturize the hide.... He has all the different kinds of lighting to bring out the different types of paint defects...

The list goes on... Blew me away!

I had my Midnight Purple GTR done before an SAU Show 'n Shine and it went in *covered* in swirl marks, acid rain etchings, etc etc... It came out flawless. I really mean flawless. The paint looked brand new, and I was left speechless. It took him 2 days and cost me about $400-ish? He even organised a paintless dent removal guy to fix a small dent he found. He is a perfectionist to the true sense of the word.

Not something you want done all the time, but once a year would definitely be worth a full day treatment if you have a dark coloured car like your carbon black...

PM me if you want his details. You can give him a call to find out what products he uses.

P.S. Sorry for not calling you, but I have decided to order a Sapphire Black on Coral Red 335i, so I don't need to see the Montego... I'm a glutton for punishment, but it's about time I did another black car Problem is, that the M-Sport option won't be available until September (guesstimate from BMW Sydney), but I'm going in next week to make sure I'm first on the list )

Does anyone know of someone like this in Melbourne?
      04-30-2007, 07:09 AM   #52
JameB
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
We do every type of detailing. Our head detailer is very good.

We are based in Bondi Junction, Alexandria, Gladesville and Catle Hill. If you ever decide to pop in, let me know so I can organise a discount for you.

Cheers.
If there is someone at castle hill who can do a good clay/polish/wax (no need for wheels or interior) and you can organise a discount then I'll give it a go when I'm next up for a polish. May be a few months though as I just had mine detailed but as I mentioned before, the polish wasn't great - I can still see scratch marks all over the body.

If you get a chance, can you PM me with some indicative pricing...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2007, 05:57 AM   #53
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JameB View Post
If there is someone at castle hill who can do a good clay/polish/wax (no need for wheels or interior) and you can organise a discount then I'll give it a go when I'm next up for a polish. May be a few months though as I just had mine detailed but as I mentioned before, the polish wasn't great - I can still see scratch marks all over the body.

JameB, I have one particular Detailing Supervisor at Castle Hill who is very good. More importantly, he is very dedicated to doing a good job. (In fact he spends more time than he should)
  • A Polish is essentially the application of a quality non-abrasive polish that will clean the paint and add a protective finish. It takes around 30-45 minutes after we wash the vehicle. The usual price is $85 and includes vacuum, wash, dry, tyre shine, dash wipe, window clean, etc.
  • An Exterior Detail is really a custom treatment. It may involve moderate buffing, swirl removal and then a Polish. Basically, whatever it takes to give the end result the customer requires. It is much more time consuming and only a select few staff are permitted to do it. We normally price a detail upon seeing the vehicle as times vary hugely based on paint condition.

If you have scratch and swirl marks then an External Detail is the only treatment that will be effective.

I will give you (and any forum member) a 15% flat discount … and perhaps a little more on your first visit.

Oh, if you decide you want to Detail the car yourself, I am happy to give you some tips. You can even come in and get some free advice from our Head Detailer on products and techniques.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 01:26 AM   #54
NeoJB
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Hi CaptOz

I've changed my ID to a more permanent one (used to be JameB which was a typo!) - don't want to confuse things too much though...

I'm not really interested in any interior cleaning as the interior is in good condition and I am happy to do that myself. I would be after an exterior detail only. I appreciate that you'd need to see the car to give a reasonable estimate but for your average 1 yr old beemer, what sort of ballpark would I be looking at?

I can really only get to the Castle Hill one (not sure when right now) so if you tell me who to ask for, I'm sure I will definately be visiting in the nearish future.

Thanks

James.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 02:20 AM   #55
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoJB View Post
Hi CaptOz

I've changed my ID to a more permanent one (used to be JameB which was a typo!) - don't want to confuse things too much though...

I'm not really interested in any interior cleaning as the interior is in good condition and I am happy to do that myself. I would be after an exterior detail only. I appreciate that you'd need to see the car to give a reasonable estimate but for your average 1 yr old beemer, what sort of ballpark would I be looking at?

I can really only get to the Castle Hill one (not sure when right now) so if you tell me who to ask for, I'm sure I will definately be visiting in the nearish future.

Thanks

James.
James, if you go to the Castle Hill car wash, ask for the “poor old silly guy who spends 7 days a week there” and they will get me.

If the car is about 1 year old, the paintwork should not be too bad – unless it’s black in which case it will most likely be fully of swirl marks. A ballpark guess would be $200 max, which includes our standard wash, vacuum, etc. (The basic interior clean comes as standard).

You can pop in for an exact quote and then have the work done at your leisure. I’ll shout you a coffee when you drop by.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 03:49 AM   #56
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I'd be happy to give everyone here a group discount. No problem there at all. The more Bimmers the better.

Cheers.
I'll take a discount, it was your Grey 335 Coupe that made me get one!

One query I have is how come the guys wipe the cars down with mitts, microfibre towels etc after they've been dried? Doesn't this risk contamination, especially on black cars. That said, I've always been impressed with the level of service and the quality of work there.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 06:16 AM   #57
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
I'll take a discount, it was your Grey 335 Coupe that made me get one!

One query I have is how come the guys wipe the cars down with mitts, microfibre towels etc after they've been dried? Doesn't this risk contamination, especially on black cars. That said, I've always been impressed with the level of service and the quality of work there.

I’m glad my 335i inspired you. They are a great car as you know.

The microfibre cloths are part of the finishing process. Basically:
  • Vehicles are air-dried at the end of the tunnel. (Oh, we have just installed two new additional mirror driers today which I will test out tomorrow). Air-drying is good for removing about 98% of water from the vehicle.
  • The remaining 2% is chamois’d from the vehicle. Most often, this is excess water from panel gaps, etc.
  • The microfibre cloths are used to give a final touch, safely removing any oil-based marks, etc. You are correct in your “risk of contamination” comment. The microfibre cloths are continually replaced. You will notice we have 100’s of them. We have a strict microfibre washing process to ensure they are always clean.

You will see we have:
  • Dotted chamois for windows only.
  • Plain chamois for the body.
  • Yellow/Green microfibre cloths for the windows only.
  • Other coloured microfibre cloths for the body.
  • White rags for door jambs, etc.

I’m glad who are happy with the level of service. Myself and the two other partners never stop driving the quality of our processes. It’s long, hard work but the results have been worthwhile.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #58
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JameB View Post

i', starting to think more about getting my next polish etc done professionally... it has scratches all over it, and i don't have the time to spend a wh9ole weekend detailing it myself
      05-03-2007, 02:00 AM   #59
ed-320d
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prado 150, CT200h

Garage List
2012 Lexus  [0.00]
Quote:
I’m glad my 335i inspired you. They are a great car as you know.

• Dotted chamois for windows only.
  • Plain chamois for the body.
  • Yellow/Green microfibre cloths for the windows only.
  • Other coloured microfibre cloths for the body.
  • White rags for door jambs, etc.

Cheers.
Thumbs up on using different chamois for different parts of the body..I reckon every "hand washed" car should be treated that way.

CaptnOz: You should open your car wash here in Brisbane. We are at restriction lEvEl:5 and desperately need a car wash like yours.
320d (E90) Sparkling Graphite, Bi-Xenon, Rear PDC, 17 Alloy 158(athome) 157 (On the car), Climate comfort Wscreen, Sport Steer, Electric Rear Blind, Mirror Package, Lemon interior with poplar trim, Comfort access, Partial Electric Seats, Through Loading and Adjustable Arm Rest

Last edited by ed-320d; 05-03-2007 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: spelling mistake
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 03:06 AM   #60
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
i', starting to think more about getting my next polish etc done professionally... it has scratches all over it, and i don't have the time to spend a wh9ole weekend detailing it myself
We can discuss it over dinner astra.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2007, 04:51 AM   #61
sevey
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
+2
      05-03-2007, 04:54 AM   #62
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
We can discuss it over dinner astra.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevey View Post
+2
did i miss the memo?
      05-03-2007, 05:04 AM   #63
sevey
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

+2 for not spending all weekend polishing the car........not the dinner thing......
      05-03-2007, 05:08 AM   #64
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
ok, you're off the hook

horahh for laziness
      05-03-2007, 05:14 AM   #65
sevey
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
ok, you're off the hook

horahh for laziness
Thats my middle name.....I like cleaning the car but when it comes to polishing, I pay for that! (if it's a good job)

Sunday's are for riding the bike, not polishing the car
      05-03-2007, 05:29 AM   #66
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
i haven't had time to do a full detailing in ages been sooo busy with uni and when i get a spare seccond, i go out and see my friends... so no time for teh car... but when the new goodies get here, that is going to change... i will have more time then too