E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help Buying a 3 Series

09-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #45
don_zielke
Rep
Drives: 2007 328XI Sedan

Since your username implies you may currently be a Honda owner, my only advice you is start with the understanding that this is NOT a Honda. It will require more regular maintenance, and it will be more expensive.

When I was looking at various models I also came across the 335i and absolutely LOVED it. But in shopping around I came the the realization just as ndog14 posted... it would be far more expensive and I wanted to make sure I could afford what I was buying so I settled on an '07 328xi.

No European car is a "drive it and forget it" type of car. The comments above about maintenance (and the lack thereof) is true.

Just be sure to balance the desire of your heart with reality of your wallet. And enjoy it!

Good luck,
Don Zielke
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #46
WiLD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: your girl WiLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbstoke View Post
I thought that until I bought this. Mine's not a nice 335 like yours, just 318i SE.And the new price of this and the top spec Civic and pretty much the same. Anyway,hope you get many more trouble free miles out of it.
You get what you pay for man....

\ 07' e92 335i / BSM \ Saddle Brown / Remus \ JB4 / OSS \ LCI / M3 Rep \ 20" Vossen CV3 / H&R Sport \ QI45 /
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #47
bbstoke
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90

Garage List
2006 318i SE  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuiter23 View Post
And that is what people on this forum and others that have a passion for their BMWs or cars in general are willing to sacrifice. If you feel that it is worth it, you wont feel that your money has gone to waste at all.
All my life I wanted a BMW,only two years ago was I in a position to buy one. I love it to bits and it makes me feel good every time I get in it. Just having a family of four you have to work out your priority's . So far this month it's cost me £1000. ($1500) Valve tronic motor,vanos solanoid's,brake discs and pads. just hope that's the end of it for a while. Been driving around in a Citroen Zara while it's been in the garage. That's when you appreciate how good they are
Appreciate 0