E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > C63 Black series uncovered?

07-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #67
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

The CLK 63 BS was perfect, except it couldn't rev match downshifts. Wonder if there was any software to change that. Thankfully the new BS still has that motor and we will be hearing pretty much the same noise, this time from trapezoidal tailpipes
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 03:31 AM   #68
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
If the CRT and GTS are any indication, I'm not holding my breath.

Hence why most real enthusiasts are jumping ship to MB. I'm waiting to test drive a C63 AMG with P31 Coupe before I jump into a new car. BMW does offer nice services like free traffic info in their GPS system.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #69
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: audi

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #70
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mprofiler View Post
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #71
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #72
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 07:33 AM   #73
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

^ Not a black car guy but would really like to see the track pkg car in black.

I love white cars but the track would just seem to be more at home in black. Paint wing frame black...

May be a silly question, stickypaws maybe can answer, but why was the CLK BS nearly 125K and this one starts at 90K. Surely the track pkg is not 35K??
Maybe it is. I still love it.
      07-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #74
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Holy crap!
      07-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #75
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

I love white cars but the track would just seem to be more at home in black. Paint wing frame black...

May be a silly question, stickypaws maybe can answer, but why was the CLK BS nearly 125K and this one starts at 90K. Surely the track pkg is not 35K??

God Damn I need that car now!!! Full sinister black please!!!

I think it had to do with the timing of the CLK BS. It was their 2nd black series car (slk came first i think, but it's more of the darkhorse since not many ppl know about it). At the time, the CLK BS was the only thing Benz had at that caliber of a car. Plus not too many were made. That all adding up, makes for the high price.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #76
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
God Damn I need that car now!!! Full sinister black please!!!

I think it had to do with the timing of the CLK BS. It was their 2nd black series car (slk came first i think, but it's more of the darkhorse since not many ppl know about it). At the time, the CLK BS was the only thing Benz had at that caliber of a car. Plus not too many were made. That all adding up, makes for the high price.
But luckily AMG resale values still apply and you can therefore find good ones in the $70K+ range.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 03:12 AM   #77
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

The pricing is all speculation at the moment. There's not even an actual release date yet. The final production number will determine the pricing. And the numbers available will be limited. So any of the figures out there are just assumptions at the moment.

Also the interior you see in those photos won't be available here. Those seats don't have airbags and will not be available for the US market. Instead the seats will be special BS seats from the new C63 coupe that can be certified in the US.

All the stuff and the pics, etc., is based on the Euro version launch car and not what's going to be imported here. Everything, including options, will be announced eventually by MBUSA. Right now there's no real factual info available.

As far as the CLK pricing in the past, remember that even though it's based on the W202 and W203 platforms, it was still positioned as an E Class coupe in the product line and priced accordingly. So the CLK63 was an "E63 coupe" and the CLK63 BS was considered a "step up" from the regular AMG E Class. This new C63 Black is a C Class coupe without pretensions of being an E Class. Mercedes has now dropped the CLK name and instead uses "E Class coupe" (even though it's still based on the W204 platform, go figure.) In the end it's just about product placement and positioning (and profit margins.)

Gonzo, not sure where you got that $90k figure from. The UK press says around 100k pounds sterling. This car will not be selling for $90k that's for certain. But again the pricing is all speculation at the moment. And EVO even removed their article on request from Mercedes. Nothing will be known until much later. You can place an order with a dealer to try to get on a list but that's about it.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #78
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Also the interior you see in those photos won't be available here. Those seats don't have airbags and will not be available for the US market. Instead the seats will be special BS seats from the new C63 coupe that can be certified in the US.

Do you know if they will offer different color choices for seats in NA? Or is just going to be black like other BS.

I think this car will definitely be less than the clkBS here, since that car in Germany was about 142k euros while this is about 115k euros. If they price it like a GT3 here, since a GT3 in Germany cost about 117k euros, then it could be around 110k base... but who knows, could be cheaper or more expensive.

Last edited by Mprofiler; 07-28-2011 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #79
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mprofiler View Post
Do you know if they will offer different color choices for seats in NA? Or is just going to be black like other BS.

I think this car will definitely be less than the clkBS here, since that car in Germany was about 142k euros while this is about 115k euros. If they price it like a GT3 here, since a GT3 in Germany cost about 117k euros, then it could be around 110k base... but who knows, could be cheaper or more expensive.
The seats will be the C63 Coupe seats but with a different stitching and color matching seat belts. They may be offered in a duo color choice like the regular AMG coupe, but I'm not positive about that.

Pricing will be determined when the production numbers have been set. It's still up in the air. But when they release a BS car, there is only one model at a time to choose from so it's not like they are competing with themselves among all models like the regular AMGs. As an exclusive product with limited production they can obviously command a higher price than is dictated by the usual product positioning among models.

This will be the fourth BS car produced.

1) SLK55 Black Series: 120 units offered during a 9 month period (not available for the US market.)

2) CLK63 Black Series: 700 units offered during an 11 month period.

3) SL65 Black Series: 350 units offered during an 11 month period.

4) C63 Coupe Black Series: TBA
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #80
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
The seats will be the C63 Coupe seats but with a different stitching and color matching seat belts. They may be offered in a duo color choice like the regular AMG coupe, but I'm not positive about that.

Pricing will be determined when the production numbers have been set. It's still up in the air. But when they release a BS car, there is only one model at a time to choose from so it's not like they are competing with themselves among all models like the regular AMGs. As an exclusive product with limited production they can obviously command a higher price than is dictated by the usual product positioning among models.

This will be the fourth BS car produced.

1) SLK55 Black Series: 120 units offered during a 9 month period (not available for the US market.)

2) CLK63 Black Series: 700 units offered during an 11 month period.

3) SL65 Black Series: 350 units offered during an 11 month period.

4) C63 Coupe Black Series: TBA

Holy Smokes, only 350 units for the SL Black....that is quite a small number~!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #81
Davin
Lieutenant Colonel
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: Yes

White one looks great!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #82
Mprofiler
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah for sure. It's just that I doubt MBUSA will be charging higher than the clkBS since the C63BS is cheaper than the clkbs in Germany (when it was available). Alot cheaper in fact. The pricing of the c63BS is also suprisingly close to the GT3 in Germany, so maybe they are taking a look at the market situation. I think it could be a similar scenario for the U.S. or maybe even 911 GTS type pricing if we're lucky.

I hope we know soon enough.

Not BS related, sls on the ring:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=opKDob0GbDo

Last edited by Mprofiler; 07-28-2011 at 09:33 PM..
Appreciate 0