E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > "Transferring data.." iphone 4 phonebook sync

08-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
Ozolz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 116i m-sport 2014

Unhappy "Transferring data.." iphone 4 phonebook sync

Hi,

I just got my 335i coupe 2010 (idrive prof navi) few days ago with retrofitted bluetooth support (kufatec fiscon). Pairing the phone works just fine, placing and recieving calls also works fine.

The problem is the phonebook sync, it just shows the text "Transferring data.." forever it seems. I have about 50 contacts, so the transfer should take seconds I think. My phone is an iphone 4 with latest iOS version available. Re-pairing has no effect.

Thinking this was some issue with the iphone 4, I´ve tried syncing the phonebook with an iphone 3GS, HP Palm Pre 2, Nokia E71 & E72. None of them have any problems pairing and working as handsfree phones but the phonebook problem is still there. Its always stuck at "Transferring data.." if i select the phonebook on iDrive.

I tried searching but cant find any posts anywhere with this issue. Any helpful tips or ideas are appreciated. Its really frustrating that this basic feature is not working...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
goose1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi
I am having exactly the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
bmw530dGT
Rep
Drives: 530d GT

Same here, i get first 10 contacts on the car, then it stops, bmw told me to upgrade da phone
Appreciate 0