E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 535D saloon ???

08-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #23
Oli
Campervan man
Rep
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi

Don't forget on the facelift E60, there was also the sports option with the gearbox, which sharpens it up nicely and less slushboxy!

Genuine VW T5 California Rental
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 01:27 AM   #24
mistry
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 530D

some interesting comments, I went to take a look at one yesterday loved the look of it, but when I sat inside it didn't excite me too much. but it was basic spec with the small nav screen. which didn't look right in the big space.

will need to look at another, good point about the sports auto, any other options worth looking out for? not seen many with HUD, although that does look very cool.

must have spec for me includes:
19in spiders
updated sound system
Pro nav
Heated seats
sun protection glass
Sports auto

nice to haves
HUD
media package (cause I don't know what this is)
Visibility Package
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #25
pickigar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 530d Msport Xdrive

I am on my 3rd 535d now, having had a pre-facelift, and post facelift both in Carbon Black with Black leather. Now I have an Individual Ruby Black with extended Champagne Leather, with most boxes ticked, costing 56k new. I have also had a 335d E90 and Alpina D3.

Yes there are some differences in that the 3 series is dynamically better, the best way of describing it I have heard is that the five needs to pick up it's petticoat before it runs, but I wouldn't say it is that bad, definitely better with the Sports Automatic Transmission. I am getting c. 38mpg on a combined run, which is very similar to what I was getting in the 335d. Interestingly enough, they are probably closer than most think, and it feels faster in the 3, as there is definitely the perception of a slower pace in the five, but then you look at the speedo and realise just how fast you are going!!!

Car looks great, but make sure you get one with the right spec, pro-nav or media package is a must, as is visibility package with the xenons, the standard headlights are poor for a car of this size. I have attached the standard sales pictures from when I picked up the car. I can add more if you like, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Gary
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #26
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Your car looks fantastic Gary. The 5er certainly had some presence.
      08-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #27
pickigar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 530d Msport Xdrive

Thanks,

I only went in to get a quote for a new windscreen in Sytner High Wycombe and came out with this in April. I am over the moon with it, certainly see the attraction of the paint colour - looks black most of the time apart from when in sunlight and you can see the red. Some M5 mirrors would look good though!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #28
jonl1983
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: F12 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Er were talking E60 mate.
i know, just thought id add my comment about the twin pipes being on the new F10 as per my post

I think it adds a bit more to the new F10 and separates it from the 530/525, something that the E60 did not
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #29
jonl1983
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: F12 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickigar View Post
I am on my 3rd 535d now, having had a pre-facelift, and post facelift both in Carbon Black with Black leather. Now I have an Individual Ruby Black with extended Champagne Leather, with most boxes ticked, costing 56k new. I have also had a 335d E90 and Alpina D3.

Yes there are some differences in that the 3 series is dynamically better, the best way of describing it I have heard is that the five needs to pick up it's petticoat before it runs, but I wouldn't say it is that bad, definitely better with the Sports Automatic Transmission. I am getting c. 38mpg on a combined run, which is very similar to what I was getting in the 335d. Interestingly enough, they are probably closer than most think, and it feels faster in the 3, as there is definitely the perception of a slower pace in the five, but then you look at the speedo and realise just how fast you are going!!!

Car looks great, but make sure you get one with the right spec, pro-nav or media package is a must, as is visibility package with the xenons, the standard headlights are poor for a car of this size. I have attached the standard sales pictures from when I picked up the car. I can add more if you like, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Gary
Car looks stunning, i have Ruby Black on my 335D, my fav BMW colour by far, when its highly polished and waxed with the sun on it the red fleck looks stunning, have had quite a few comments on the colour when its sparkling!

Enjoy the new motor
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2010, 02:17 AM   #30
stupot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 40d MSport, 21" wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickigar View Post
Gary
Gary, Good looking car, but I hope you only paid 2/3rds of the 56k that it was new.

That was something I should have said to the OP in my earlier post.

As soon as BMW replace a model the old one drops like a stone. So if you are going to invest in an E60 just now make sure you buy it at the right price, or you might be in for the fright of your life. They droped £1000 in the guide last month alone.
Appreciate 0