E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > After years of looking... the best leather products

03-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

After years of looking... the best leather products

As most of you, I try to take care of my car as much as possible (maybe too much). Leather is one of the elements more prone to wear and damage and I have been looking for the perfect product for years. I have tried almost everything out there... leatherique, Connolly, Zaino, 1Z, Sonax, poorboy's, CG, Lexol, Meguiars, the BMW brand (whatever that really is), etc...

I finally tried Leather Master trio..... probably the best set of products out there. I got the mild cleaner (as my seats are in very good condition), the leather vital and the protection cream. I cleaned it, then applied the leather vital, left it for a couple of hours and then protection cream. Seats are softer than ever, the product really penetrates the leather and you will get no trace of it in your hands (or clothes). I still have to see how long it lasts... but so far, is very good and at a very good price. Is also the best at renewing the actual leather (using the leather vital)

Leatherique is good, but basically impregnates the surface of the leather with a resin which wears out quickly... and is a pain to apply, then wait a day, then clean the mess... Maybe is a good option for leather in really bad shape with a lot of wear.

1Z is also good for a 1 step product, but has a lot of wax and basically sits in the leather until it wears out, but does not really "nourish" it.

Zaino is basically a film of product that ends up in your clothes.

Most of the others are pretty much the same.

The only one that I haven't tried is the swissvax, which costs 60 bucks!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Leather Master leads the industry with over 350 different leather products. All Leather Master Products are manufactured in Montecchio Maggiore, Italy. The world's largest tannery, located nearby, keeps them up to date on the latest changes within the industry.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
RevC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: a couple fast toys

swissvax is phenom, as well as the trio. I still like my leatherique prestine+rejuv for end all be all leather care.

SGM e92 335xi|Helix|AFE|AWE|PROCEDE|SYNAPSE|ER|OSS|BMW PERFORMANCE|P3|always growing..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi

Lexol pretty standard and the best at a normal price
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Most here will already know my feelings on Leather Master products
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #6
messi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i MSport Coupe 6AT

personal experience with leatherique is amazing product...
Appreciate 0