E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Prima Amigo - Fills Swirls, Darkens Paint!

04-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Prima Amigo - Fills Swirls, Darkens Paint!

I saw a post a while ago about someone asking about Amigo so I thought I'd write up some quick short info.

I was bored today and had access to a Black Honda Accord with soft paint that was in ROUGH condition, so I thought I'd tape off some sections and hit them with amigo to see what it can do.

Ease of Use: Applies very easily and it wipes off SOOO easy, I used no pressure and just wiped across the surface to remove the product

Filling: GREAT filling capability, it filled in all of the swirling pretty much and all that was left were the deeper scratches and it even made a dent in them. Apparently the Amigo has polishing capabilities and can remove upto 3000 grit, but I quickly hand applied a small area, so maybe with a DA I would have gotten even better results.

Darkening: The Soft Honda Black definitely looked very dull and didn't ook as deep black as it should. The areas that I applied the Amigo to looked like a totally different colour... there was a VERY VERY VERY noticeable darkening effect to the paint, it kind of looked like a one-step correction was done to the paint. The combo of filling the swirls and having a nicer surface along with whatever else Amigo does definitely darkens your black paint by a LOT!

Some people complained about it muting the flake in their paint, but I think that with neglected paint that won't be the case. I never even knew the car had any flake until I hit the Amigo'ed area with my Brinkman and I was in SHOCK to see so much blue-ish flake in the paint, it definitely looked great.

SUMMARY: Amigo will fill in a good amount of your swirls and will darken the look of the paint, it leaves a great looking finish and is very slick. Very easy to apply and wipes off like water. Compatible with BFWD which is always great haha.

I wanted to get some pics since the results were so dramatic, but I was unable to find my camera in my house, I'm guessing someone borrowed it, but I will try and have some pics taken if anyone is interested.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 05:06 AM   #2
Donny Rino
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

No pics thanks....
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
Focus
Captain
Rep
Drives: N/A

Yea thanks bro..

J/k
      04-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
Cotay
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi Coupe

Would love to see pics, I have a friend who has some serious swirl marks on her e90 she is looking to get rid of.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcote View Post
Would love to see pics, I have a friend who has some serious swirl marks on her e90 she is looking to get rid of.
then she doesnt need this product

AMIGO FILLS according to the OP, which is just a temporary cover up until the oils wash off the car. With a product like that, I would be hard pressed if a sealant would be able to bond to it for any type of long lasting protection

if she wants to keep the swirls removed, she needs a better wash regimen and then search for a paint correction detailer in her area. If she wants to go the cheap route and just have the paint looking better for a while, and not necessarily corrected permanently, then this might be the product for her.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Rino View Post
No pics thanks....
Haha, I will get some pics soon, I'm going to find a better candidate for the product since the car I used it on was swirled to hell so looking for a car with more typical paint conditions to test it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcote View Post
I wouldn't recommend this for serious swirl marks... not because it won't work, but because it won't last forever. It's good for cars that've been polished to hell and have no clear left or for cars that need a touchup in between polishes to keep looking great. Dishonest people could use it to quickly make a car look great prior to selling as well... lol

For SERIOUS swirls on a car you plan to keep for some time you most definitely want to correct the paint.

It's a great product for your typical hack detailers as well who don't know squat about detailing and like to addvertise FULL INTERIOR EXTERIOR details in your local classifieds (sorry have to take a jab at them whenever I can).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious Eric View Post
then she doesnt need this product

AMIGO FILLS according to the OP, which is just a temporary cover up until the oils wash off the car. With a product like that, I would be hard pressed if a sealant would be able to bond to it for any type of long lasting protection

if she wants to keep the swirls removed, she needs a better wash regimen and then search for a paint correction detailer in her area. If she wants to go the cheap route and just have the paint looking better for a while, and not necessarily corrected permanently, then this might be the product for her.
Yes agreed, most filling glazes in my personal experience and my forum warrior experience do cause bonding issues with sealants, but the Amigo apparently does not and is a great pre-wax/LSP step... well it's advertised as that mainly and not as a filler.

Quite clearly you are a lot more knowledgeable and have a million times more experience than me so if you have any input on durability issues specifically with Amigo I would be definitely be interested in knowing about it since I was planning on trying this glaze out on some of my family members cars since I don't bother really doing anything to them ever. I also planned to use it on my personal vehicle pre-BFWD, because I liked the darkening effect it had on black paint.

The member who recommended the glaze to me assured me he experienced no difference in durability of his LSP.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0