E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > junkman2000 on youtube?

04-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
beantown
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335xi

junkman2000 on youtube?

anyone ever watch his vids? i searched the forum and couldnt find anything. just curious as to your opinions since he does contradict a couple things ive read on here. warning: he's annoying lol

results of a touchless car wash (2 of 2)....

beginning his washing technique...

Last edited by beantown; 04-01-2012 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
hurricane56
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

I've actually stumbled upon his videos yesterday. I watched his 10 part series on the full detail/paint correction job and the videos on buffer technique for the sides and curves of a car. For the most part, his methods seem to represent the general consensus of pro detailers, but what points exactly did he contradict?

He can be a little annoying at times, but I do appreciate his "brotha in a garage" production technique.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
beantown
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335xi

i stumbled on his vids only a few minutes ago, but mainly the one about the touchless car washes being junk.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
cu2mike
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 tsx

If it's the same guy I'm thinking, he knows what he is doing. I believe he worked for Adam's Polish as well, but don't quote me on that.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

The Junkman has been around for a little while. He's along the lines of a very well researched and experienced hobbyist, as from what I understand he doesn't work on other people's cars for money.

His videos have been very popular as he does a nice job of showing and explaining different products / tools / techniques. Adam's Polishes picked him up awhile back to be sort of spokesman / ambassador to their line. Sure there are some things I don't agree with him on, but that could be said for all pro's: we don't always agree 100% on everything. Keep in mind it's all about results, and if you're happy with the outcome you've been doing some things right
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 02:38 AM   #6
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt
The Junkman has been around for a little while. He's along the lines of a very well researched and experienced hobbyist, as from what I understand he doesn't work on other people's cars for money.

His videos have been very popular as he does a nice job of showing and explaining different products / tools / techniques. Adam's Polishes picked him up awhile back to be sort of spokesman / ambassador to their line. Sure there are some things I don't agree with him on, but that could be said for all pro's: we don't always agree 100% on everything. Keep in mind it's all about results, and if you're happy with the outcome you've been doing some things right
Couldnt have said it better...although im no pro
Appreciate 0