Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > E92 wheel bearings

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-25-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
mburg
MBurg
Rep
Drives: '22 230

E92 wheel bearings

A few weeks ago i started hearing a whining noise; the pitch was speed related and not tied to engine RPM. I had relatively new tires (Pirelli P Zero Nero all season w/6K miles) and dealer attributed to uneven wear. Tire folks pulled the wheels and found very little scallop on inside of fronts, but thought noise was from rear. Went back to dealer who on more thorough look said it was wheel bearings; now scheduled for replacement on thursday. Thought it strange to have this w/only 23K miles, but at least the dealer was apologetic.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

so let me get this straight... you got the run around at the dealer... ran back over to the tire place... then ran back to the dealer.

/dealer too busy to be bothered
gave you a BS story and blew you off... when you returned with adequate proof... resolved the situation.

normally i'll let crappy service slide (if it wasnt deliberate) but this is just lack of concern = doesnt want to do his job.

perhaps he should go back to being a salesman ?

ppp
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 12:22 PM   #3
m.rk77
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Hey I have the same problem!! I have this noise and vibration when I drive 30 - 35 Km/h

Dealer told me that it is because I have uneven tire wear due to improper tire pressure, But I know the pressure was correct because I always check it and the tires seems fine!

So what should I do now, go back to the dealer and argue with them?
Appreciate 0