E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Scammed on eBay!!!

01-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #23
jimmylimmy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 'charged VXR8

Buy a box of Thorntons, eat them all, shit in a box, wait until its dried out, cut into small pieces, dip in chocolate, roll in crushed nuts, dried coconut, cocao powder, icing sugar etc so they look nice a professional, place in Thorntons box, seal up, wrap in gift wrapping paper and post them to him.....

even if he only bites into one, its worth it
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #24
petecollins
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
Thinking about this further (yes, I am a vindictive c*nt, so this sort of shit bugs me intensely) what other details do you have for this guy? Email address? Mobile number? Surely you're happy to publish this and let us all do our worst....
I'm still battling with the pathetic case it's a no win no win deal lol but I'm making sure I'm standing my corner. When I do lose and he leaves negative feedback.

I will post his ebay username, address the lot, the guy is a complete scam artist been in contact with his sellers which have had the same problems.
All said the same thing. He's saying I'm a con man now.

Anyway I've had my rant.

Thanks for the ideas guys
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #25
petecollins
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylimmy View Post
Buy a box of Thorntons, eat them all, shit in a box, wait until its dried out, cut into small pieces, dip in chocolate, roll in crushed nuts, dried coconut, cocao powder, icing sugar etc so they look nice a professional, place in Thorntons box, seal up, wrap in gift wrapping paper and post them to him.....

Classic. I would do this as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #26
Lifted07Duramax
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW red 335i coupe

I ask people to gift me the money on paypal and then show the forums Im on and that Im trusted.
I just cant take the risk of getting scammed like that. He did it knowing that he could get away with it because it didnt have tracking
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #27
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

Quote:

Fucking hell, shitting in a box is funny but this level of detail is borderline serial killer
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #28
rjwojcik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW Golf GTD

Sorry to hear about this. It's just not right (assuming he's a genuine scammer).

Have you link to the buyer, please ?
      01-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #29
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

eBay really is a joke. This is only going to go one way, in favour of the buyer. This story is made even worse by the fact that this guy has clearly done this several times before according to the OP and despite this eBay still take his side as it's their "policy". The guy should have been banned from eBay for life as soon as he pulled the scam more than once. The trouble is eBay don't give a shit as long as they get their cut of the money.

Gumtree (another eBay abomination) is just as bad. I've seen several threads on car forums about 1 particular guy scamming several people out of thousands on Gumtree and they don't give a shit.

Got myself quite worked up about this this morning.
      01-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #30
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
eBay really is a joke. This is only going to go one way, in favour of the buyer. This story is made even worse by the fact that this guy has clearly done this several times before according to the OP and despite this eBay still take his side as it's their "policy". The guy should have been banned from eBay for life as soon as he pulled the scam more than once. The trouble is eBay don't give a shit as long as they get their cut of the money.

Gumtree (another eBay abomination) is just as bad. I've seen several threads on car forums about 1 particular guy scamming several people out of thousands on Gumtree and they don't give a shit.

Got myself quite worked up about this this morning.
I couldn't agree more,it amazes me why people use a site that seems to legitimise scamming people,whilst offering cock all protection to the very people that keep the site in business.

No sellers,dead business!

Unfortunately the OP walked straight into the Guy's hands,no means of proving postage,and a signed for delivery is asking for trouble,anything I sell goes either insured recorded RM,or by insured courier.
I've even tracked stuff I've given away!

I didn't know Gumtree was an Ebay business,useful to know

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 04:07 AM   #31
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
I have had the same done to me, you must keep all receipts for up to 6 months as people paying through Paypal with a credit card can do a chargeback up to that period.
      01-23-2013, 04:08 AM   #32
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:

Bwaaaaaaaaaahahaha.
      01-23-2013, 04:16 AM   #33
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
My revenge tactic was to locate the mother of the buyer and get her pregnant. Not sure if I will achieve the last aim though as she was pushing 90 years old.
      01-23-2013, 04:53 AM   #34
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
My revenge tactic was to locate the mother of the buyer and get her pregnant. Not sure if I will achieve the last aim though as she was pushing 90 years old.
A mere youngster for you Will,just check her blood pressure/heart beat and importantly,whether she's breathing, before getting the Bishop out

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #35
Jedimindtrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3 MT

Quote:

Have you ever considered getting some professional help?

Alpina D3 sold 2015
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #36
TikoV
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d/X5 40d

I've got contacts in Estonia...let me know if I can help.
      01-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #37
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

I reckon people like this must rub their hands together when something is delivered that's not trackable/recorded. even so a mate who used to sell a lot of car hoods said that even when hoods had been signed for the buyer would still claim the money back saying it wasn't him who signed for the package. its about time ebay gave the seller some credit.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #38
airbournebob
Rep
Drives: 330d m sport touring Dakar yel

Payback

Estonia the e90 forum is all over Europe, I'm sure if you put a post out to anyone In estonia or Latvia offer cash to kill something this guy loves like his dog or kidnap it. Us paypal to pay for the deed.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #39
quattrogmbh
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Isnt paypal just interested in a tracking number and a "PoD"?

If so, surely you could send your "new" package via tracked delivery and provide that to paypal?

Seems too simple.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #40
raf555
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrogmbh View Post
Isnt paypal just interested in a tracking number and a "PoD"?

If so, surely you could send your "new" package via tracked delivery and provide that to paypal?

Seems too simple.
was just about to suggest that!

send a parcel with delivery confirmation and use that in paypal dispute.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #41
p1tse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Need more space

I learnt my lesson even selling through a forum to long standing member which could have been genuine and didn't have it as recorded signed for

Also if selling electronics follow royal mail recommendation on postage, as I sold a head unit and know it was working but like you too nice and refunded only to find one of the bolts bent which looked liked it was dropped, but royal mail wouldn't pay up as I didn't follow guidelines
      01-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #42
TikoV
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d/X5 40d

I've found out that packages sent by normally delivery (untracked) in Estonia have to be signed for...and at a PO by the receiver.

I have couple of properties there and gf's family are in Tallinn, Tartu and Otepaa. If you want any help, let me know.
      01-24-2013, 01:12 AM   #43
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Open a new Ebay account , purchase some bits from him then either put them on dispute or smash them and take plenty off pictures and explain to ebays dispute team you are returning them as damaged and want a full refund.

My issues with Ebay !

I bought a Rolex Part Nov 2011. He had used a genuine part or pic off the part then shipped me a piece off junk ,First off all I thought its only £250 and serves me right then I had a mental turn ,I asked him nice what his game was and would he like to do the right thing and return the money ? He Ignored me ,So I had to get my Rolex Dealer to verify the part was counterfeit ,I put it on dispute with Paypal /ebay and LLoyds Mastercard it was funny because at one time he thought both had debited a refund to me as in £500 and he had no counterfeit part , I sent the part to Rolex stating he was selling fake Rolex parts .I told him exactly what I was going to by email even time ( Ebays dispute team can and do read the correspondances SO BE WARNED KEEP IT CLEAN AND PROFESSIONAL)

He emailed me saying he was coming down from Bridgend to kick my head in as i was a thieving c---, I sent him a nice email saying please just let me know when you intend coming down as it is a long way and dont want you to have a wasted journey or allternativly call at my works and ask at reception (said I worked for Sussex police serious fraud unit ) and would be pleased to meet him and discuss further .

Ebay is full off C---- now .

Id try and sabourtage his auctions start bidding on everything he has selling etc,I had to do this to some Chinese seller who took my money for some Memeory sticks and failed to deliver the goods ,I told him if you dont reply to my emails fom 6pm tonight I will hit buy it now every hour until you reply after the third time he called my land line that was a little awkward ,I dont know how he got our number but it did get it sorted and we received our sticks .

I got burned last Summer on a John deers mowing deck and got turned over by a Scottish buyer or his misses and im done with it now , Sold a mowing deck 220 gbp and after a week or so he decided it ws significantly different to advertised I ended up giving him 120 back , I got to keep 100 minus fees and felt id been proper fucked over he wanted me to either come in so he could show me what he considered the problem or arrange collection , like 500 miles away it weighed 90+ kg

F--- E--- and the fees stink .

Rant over

Last edited by scooba0010; 01-24-2013 at 01:17 AM.. Reason: spelling as usual
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 01:18 AM   #44
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Give us his user name im happy to buy everything he has and get banned from ebay !

Happy to piss the twat off
Appreciate 0