E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > HELP!!!

07-30-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
zimbofk
Undisputed World Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
HELP!!!

Ok, here is the situation. I just moved into a new apartment complex. Problem is, my neighbours (with whom I share a wall with) have a young baby and they seem to have no problem letting it wail for hours on end. All this while I'm trying to get my beauty rest. I've only been in my apartment for a couple of nights and its driving me crazy and interrupting my sleep. It's even affecting my dreams. Last night, instead of dreamng of carving up the Blue Ridge Parkway in my E90, I dreamt that I was in a room with women and children crying!!!!

Here are my options

Ask my landlords to move me to a different unit?
Ask my neighbours to attend to their child out of consideration?
Just relax and get used to it?

These apartments are fantastic and I love them but this loud ass baby is driving me mad.

What do I do?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #2
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

I would talk to the landlord in a polite manner saying that you're trying to your best to tolerate it, but can't.

I had a similar situation, and had a talk wth my landlord, and he talked to the neighbor and problem was solved.

Often times, people living in apartments don't realize how good/bad the insulation is, so they odn't know their sound/noise is travelling outside of their walls

good luck!
      07-30-2006, 09:08 PM   #3
andrew 330i
it can never be too clean...
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M Sport Wagon

Thumbs up

i would add a small 9" a high velocity fan to your sleeping quarters. (see link) it drowns out all noises and provides quite the sound sleep needed.

when my wife & i travel... we even take one with us. i can't sleep w/o one.

turn it on high speed & you'll thank me after a few nights of sweet dreams.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...&id=prod395155

at wal-mart/walgreens they are under $18 bucks.

kw v1 coilover kit / 19" staggered 351 M double spoke wheels / upper strut bar /
sport line grille & exhaust tips / 50% tint / painted reflectors / debadged / complete clear bra

Last edited by andrew 330i; 07-31-2006 at 07:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2006, 10:07 PM   #4
canucklion
Canada
Rep

I wonder how the inventor did research on how ass crack smells like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob
If all else fails then it's time for....

http://www.liquidass.com/
      07-30-2006, 10:08 PM   #5
canucklion
Canada
Rep

wouldn't you hear the fan going "oomph oomph" ?
I'm not making fun, I really want to know, it seems like an interesting solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew 330i
i would add a small 9" a high velocity fan to your sleeping quarters. (see link) it drowns out all noises and provides quite the sound sleep needed.

when my wife & i travel... we even take one with us. i can't sleep w/o one.

turn it on high speed & you'll thank me after a few night of sweet dreams.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/produ...&id=prod395155

at wal-mart/walgreens they are under $18 bucks.
      07-30-2006, 10:31 PM   #6
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbofk
Ok, here is the situation. I just moved into a new apartment complex. Problem is, my neighbours (with whom I share a wall with) have a young baby and they seem to have no problem letting it wail for hours on end. All this while I'm trying to get my beauty rest. I've only been in my apartment for a couple of nights and its driving me crazy and interrupting my sleep. It's even affecting my dreams. Last night, instead of dreamng of carving up the Blue Ridge Parkway in my E90, I dreamt that I was in a room with women and children crying!!!!

Here are my options

Ask my landlords to move me to a different unit?
Ask my neighbours to attend to their child out of consideration?
Just relax and get used to it?

These apartments are fantastic and I love them but this loud ass baby is driving me mad.

What do I do?
Understand what you are going thru! The parents might not know was is wrong with their baby and what to do. Check this out. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/col...058/DSECTION=2
I would go talk to them and maybe let them know they might have a problem and how they can fix it. I'm sure the parnets know that it is waking up you and whoever else in the night. It does go away. We put a little bit of Caro/Karo syrup in my daughters formula and it solved all the crying and I was able to go back to sleeping again. You can find it in any supermarket. It sucks for the parents too! Turn on a fan or have one of those sleep devices that plays the sound of rain or the ocean. Hope it works out for you.
      07-30-2006, 11:10 PM   #7
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

oh man that sucks. I would complain but dont know how much that will help cus it's a baby u know?? I didnt read thru the whole thing but maybe you can move to a different room/unit instead of different apartment.

Now how do I complain about my neighbor's dog?? lol it barks all the freakin time and always wakes me up either in the middle of the night or very early in the morning...
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2006, 11:53 PM   #8
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 325i/08' 350z/09' 128i

i think you should ask the landlord to switch to another unit. afterall it is a baby and i'm sure if the landlord talks to your neighbor, they're gonna hate you and that would suck since they only live next door.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 12:19 AM   #9
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

i'd ask for another unit.
      07-31-2006, 07:13 PM   #10
zimbofk
Undisputed World Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Thanks for all the advice guys. I feel bad coz its a baby, and I don't think the parents can do anything about it. But I'll let my landlord know - maybe they can give me a discount on my rent. At least I don't live near the person with the loud dog. He's 4 units away and I can still hear it barking.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 08:07 PM   #11
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

i feel you.... i got these f@cking birds signing every morning, they start like at 4-5am !!!!! and it sounds like a whole damn army of them (my neighboor got some bird food on his back yard, it's part of his damn landscape) signing at the same time, drives me insane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i tried shooting them with air gun, but they're not going away... they piss me off so bad i'm about to buy some poison for these basterds
Appreciate 0