E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > Saw this on Autotrader.com hella deal!!!

07-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
Tori&D's325i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg 325i

Saw this on Autotrader.com hella deal!!!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
This is not my car, I saw this ad on autotrader.com and thought this might intrest some people. If i had the cash this would be mine. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #2
sole cal
Black Mamba
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori&D's325i View Post
This is not my car, I saw this ad on autotrader.com and thought this might intrest some people. If i had the cash this would be mine. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

And when you contact him, he will say hes in Miami and so is the car and that he just got a divorce and all he will need is your information and he will send the car over.
      07-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole cal View Post
And when you contact him, he will say hes in Miami and so is the car and that he just got a divorce and all he will need is your information and he will send the car over.

when things are too goot to be true, because it is too good to be true...

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hun77777 View Post

when things are too goot to be true, because it is too good to be true...
Word...........

Scam.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Quote:
TRUE THAT!!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 12:05 AM   #6
Tori&D's325i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg 325i

Quote:
........hahaha thats funny
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #7
sole cal
Black Mamba
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

I say that from previous experience

Quote:
Hi Jason,

The car is still for sale. It is located in Orlando, FL and the VIN is WBANW13528CZ75897. I assume you know the price but I am open to negotiations. The car is registered on my name and the title is clear (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. If you have any questions regarding the car or you want extra photos or the CARFAX report (for free) just let me know!

I'm a pilot on cargo flights. My wife broke up with me recently because I'm always away from home. We just sold our house and split the money. This is the last thing I need to sell and split the money with her.
Because I'm away most of the time I will not be able to deal in person. But I've already arranged the shipping and the title transfer anywhere in the US. I will pay the shipping fees.

I want the payment to be handled by MSN Autos. They will keep the money until you will receive and inspect the car. You will have 7 days of inspection period. If the car is not like described you will have to ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund. This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it and I know that you have the money and you aren't just fooling around.

Given the nature of this transaction please note that my sale terms are final and nonnegotiable. In order to move forward I will need your full name, address and phone number.
I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

I then knew he was a scam, so I'm like ok let me have some fun...

Quote:
I actually have a cousin in Orlando, where will he be able to meet you to see the car?
And he says ...

Quote:
I will back on the 29th of December. That is why I told you from the begining I will not be available for a face to face transaction.
      07-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
Longboy
Rep
Drives: nice car

Hijacked Ad.

........Sometimes legit ads are hijacked through an email to the ad placer asking for your ad I.D. in exchange for a free extention of your ad run. Since they do not ask for finiancial info it apperes like a true offer and a couple days latter your ad has a different contact phone number and the posted price is 10 grand below market value. Handle the correction through the customer service number of the ad company without an email conformation as it could be intercepted again by the bad guys.
Appreciate 0