E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Lux H8 V4

09-17-2015, 06:06 PM   #1
straightup_shifting
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36 440i Gran Coupe

Lux H8 V4

So I recently bought a pair of Lux H8 V4s for my e92 335. Install was a pain in the ass since I don't have toddler hands. Anywho, while installing car was off but lights were set to automatic. I'd lock and unlock the car so the lights would turn on and I could see what setting I wanted them set at since they're the color adjustable ones. After like 3x they didn't want to turn on. The amber turn signals and door LEDs turn on but my halos don't and my tail light LEDs don't either. But they work when I turn the light manually on. Any idea what it could be?? I like the welcome lighting feature and would be pissed if these didn't work.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightup_shifting View Post
So I recently bought a pair of Lux H8 V4s for my e92 335. Install was a pain in the ass since I don't have toddler hands. Anywho, while installing car was off but lights were set to automatic. I'd lock and unlock the car so the lights would turn on and I could see what setting I wanted them set at since they're the color adjustable ones. After like 3x they didn't want to turn on. The amber turn signals and door LEDs turn on but my halos don't and my tail light LEDs don't either. But they work when I turn the light manually on. Any idea what it could be?? I like the welcome lighting feature and would be pissed if these didn't work.
If you lock and unlock the car more then 3 times the car will disable the lights from turning on. You can wait about 10-15 minutes or just start the car and it will reset the count.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 12:05 PM   #3
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
If you lock and unlock the car more then 3 times the car will disable the lights from turning on. You can wait about 10-15 minutes or just start the car and it will reset the count.
Is that a safety feature to protect the LEDs or something?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 12:12 PM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarronbwall View Post
Is that a safety feature to protect the LEDs or something?
I believe thats a setting from a BMW. It's designed in case someone is accidentally unlocking the doors (like a toddler playing with the remote) and prevents unwanted battery discharge.

It's also not good for any light to be repeatedly turned on and off, more so HID then any other bulb.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 12:35 PM   #5
straightup_shifting
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36 440i Gran Coupe

Thanks for input guys! They took a while to work again but they're all good! I just saw them flicker weirdly so i thought maybe I screwed something up...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 01:18 PM   #6
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
I believe thats a setting from a BMW. It's designed in case someone is accidentally unlocking the doors (like a toddler playing with the remote) and prevents unwanted battery discharge.

It's also not good for any light to be repeatedly turned on and off, more so HID then any other bulb.
+1 Thanks Jeff.

yes its just a feature of the car that helps to prevent the battery from discharging. It has nothing to do with the LUX lights and it purely a function of the car.
Appreciate 0