E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Streaming Bluetooth Audio - Success!

01-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #23
Hoppyjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

My solution works great with the factory Bluetooth for calls. Re-read my original post and I mentioned that. I have a 2008 E92 with Bluetooth and BMW Assist
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #24
shakko
SH4K
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 M40i

How is the bass with the blackberry device? Is there any loss in quality versus directly plugging it in?

I recently tried out the BlueTrip AUX from Griffin only to be sorely disappointed.
      01-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #25
vapore0n
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW 335i View Post
Quick question, Can I connect to this product and the cars bluetooth. I have an 08 as well but Love the bluetooth in the car for talking. Does this product shut off the music when a call comes in and switch to cars bluetooth?
yes

the BB device only connects as music device, so it doesn't interfere with phone.

Audio quality is good. Not as good as connected directly to Aux interface, but a lot more convenient. Especially since I can play Pandora and stream anything from my phone.

Only problem is, the BB device will sometimes not connect to my phone automatically. This case only happens when I turn off the car for short period. Like if I go get gas, some times the BB device will not reconnect. Lifting arm rest and unplugin/plugin the power fixes this. 90% of the time it works flawlessly.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #26
xPETEZx
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Golf R

This device seems to miss a key feature, you cant skip tracks or pause playback.

On my hut for an A2DP solution, I ened up with a Parrot MKi9100.
As my car didnt have factory bluetooth, this works great as I now have bluetooth for calls and music streaming.
The MKi9100 has a line out, so I have wired this to my aux in. Without this connection, the parrot uses its own amp to driver the speakers directly. This gives very poor quality.

The best part out using the parrot is that I can get in the car with phone in my pocket start up and just hit "Bluetooth Audio" on the Parrot, and it will start playing my music.
Never need to touch my phone.
IT also has Skip forward/back buttons as well as Pause and play.

So anybody who is looking for a slightly more integrated option (does require you to install it behind the HU) the MKi 9100 is a GREAT option!!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #27
vasisht
Rep
Drives: 2009 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW 335i View Post
Older post, same idea
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757941

This might be better for people who want to use factory bluetooth for phone and this product for music.
I second this...

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Techno...ords=blue+trip

I've been using this in my old car pre-335i & it was the first thing I put into the 335i when I got it from the dealer. Sound quality is very good.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #28
shakko
SH4K
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasisht View Post
I second this...

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Techno...ords=blue+trip

I've been using this in my old car pre-335i & it was the first thing I put into the 335i when I got it from the dealer. Sound quality is very good.
I had the BlueTrip for a few days and the sound had absolutely no bass for me. Other than that, there was absolutely no distortion at high volumes, etc.. but just no bass.
      01-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #29
mikee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

My question about these bluetooth enabled devices is that are you going to get the same sound quality as if you plug an adapter from iPhone/smartphone to the auxillary? I already think that the sound quality is lacking in comparison to the radio and CD player.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #30
shakko
SH4K
United_States
Rep

There have been mixed results, but in general, you will not get as good sound quality as if you were to plug in your phone directly into your Aux in port.

When using bluetooth, the music is compressed and sent over to your A2DP bluetooth device. I've had horrible luck with mine (The music had no bass at all). Think I'm going to have to settle for a wired approach :/
      01-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #31
mikee
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakko View Post
There have been mixed results, but in general, you will not get as good sound quality as if you were to plug in your phone directly into your Aux in port.

When using bluetooth, the music is compressed and sent over to your A2DP bluetooth device. I've had horrible luck with mine (The music had no bass at all). Think I'm going to have to settle for a wired approach :/
This is the only downside of our sound systems. When I plugged the AUX in to the iPhone headphone jack, it sounded like ass. No bass and it sounded like a radio station out of tune.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #32
mikee
Private First Class
Rep

I am guessing that the only other option would be to purchase an iPhone adapter to listen to iTunes and Pandora. The thing is that it costs more than a new receiver. I would replace the receiver, but then there is the issue with it not being compatible with the factory amps.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #33
vasisht
Rep
Drives: 2009 335ix

No...there is another....

What you can do (and I've seen done before) is get an airport express and a 12V power inverter. Set up a car wifi network (e.g. mye90wifi) and connect the iphone to it and stream over airplay with beautiful sound fidelity. I have yet to try it personally, but from what I have heard from others, it's excellent sound quality.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #34
Smoke4U
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i '08 E93 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakko View Post
I had the BlueTrip for a few days and the sound had absolutely no bass for me. Other than that, there was absolutely no distortion at high volumes, etc.. but just no bass.
So true. No bass = no go. I also tried the New Potato Technologies TuneLink Auto Bluetooth in Car Stereo Wireless Adapter which sounded 10x better but had an annoying interference with the car data signals making it unusable.

This was my final solution to this problem. Perfect sound AND factory controls.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=819305

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #35
TheBreeze
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Kinivo BT450

I just purchased this device -> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009NLTW60/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1

I gotta say, this thing works *very* well. Audio quality so far has been very good. Seems the aptX support really works to improve audio quality over BT. The unit has no battery, so it simply turns on and off with the car. If using with an Android phone, you can set turn off the HSP/HFP profiles on the Kinivo and use the car's BT for phone functions. Both connections are simultaneous. Very happy with this product thus far!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #36
poldim
Vroom Vrrooooom
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i Sedan  [0.00]
2003 GSX-R 600  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBreeze View Post
I just purchased this device -> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009NLTW60/..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1

I gotta say, this thing works *very* well. Audio quality so far has been very good. Seems the aptX support really works to improve audio quality over BT. The unit has no battery, so it simply turns on and off with the car. If using with an Android phone, you can set turn off the HSP/HFP profiles on the Kinivo and use the car's BT for phone functions. Both connections are simultaneous. Very happy with this product thus far!
Do you get any kind of audio feedback from the power circuit? I know when I have phone charging and plugged in over the aux cable, I get feedback...it's a hissing sound. I think one of these might get rid of it...

SG | Beige Dakota | Poplar || iDrive w/MP3 | PP | SP | CWP | PDC | Comfort | Shades || 40% Tint
| Black Line Tail Lights | Hardwired V1
Appreciate 0