E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > Battlefield 3 vs MW3

11-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #23
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
its so nice to see you guys finally understand whats good. It brings tears to my eyes to see you all recognize battlefield as the proper game.

after all, it is the most highly decorated game for the year, something like 60 awards or something massive like that. I cant even find an awards list for MW3... lol

and all the money MW3 is spending on advertising is pathetic. its really sickening to see how hard they are pushing this shit.
      11-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #24
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

I just bought mw3 the other night for ps3 and im very disappointed. I've had bf3 for pc on ULTRA since release date for reference.

Why don't I like mw3? Well mainly because I paid 60$ for a map pack. I did by it however because my gf likes to play with me and she doesn't have a good computer to run bf3. Has anyone tried playing split screen? I can't see a fucking thing on my 46" samsung, its literally impossible and the graphics look like goldeneye from n64. Trying to join a game literally takes 10 minutes every time and we always get disconnected. I am really just underwhelmed with this game and don't understand why people like it so much, I actually liked black ops better .

BF3 Is by far the best FPS I have played, not including cs 1.6 because its a different type of fps to me. The graphics are fucking INSANE and the sounds is fucking INSANE also. With my beastly headphones on playing in the dark I literally feel like im in the game and explosions and rockets flying over my head actually make me jump. The game doesn't get old and is always a blast. Playing with your friends in squads is a blast, having everyone in the same chopper or working a tank with a friend is too much fun. Besides the fun and WOW factor at the visuals/audio the FPS part of the game is great. Sniping feels really good in the game and most of the guns feel great, I don't really know how to explain it but it feels smooth and realistic.

I'm having a blast with bf3 you should buy it!

* I didn't proof read any of that ^ so good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #25
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Just like BF2 vs. Black Ops I'll vote for BF3 once again. If you want more real world feel go for BF3. If you want more of an arcade feel go with MW3. You'll definitely need more skill in BF3 which is what I like. It doesn't get old though I can never get a decent kill streak going. :/
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 03:26 AM   #26
OOO
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: in the slow lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
its so nice to see you guys finally understand whats good. It brings tears to my eyes to see you all recognize battlefield as the proper game.

after all, it is the most highly decorated game for the year, something like 60 awards or something massive like that. I cant even find an awards list for MW3... lol

and all the money MW3 is spending on advertising is pathetic. its really sickening to see how hard they are pushing this shit.
You do know that EA has spent around 50 million dollars hyping up Battlefield 3 right? Guess Activision knew what they were doing because this happen...

http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-...s-record-32712

http://www.gameguru.in/first-person-...s-in-24-hours/

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/11/cal...sales-records/
      11-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #27
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by P'Zone View Post
You do know that EA has spent around 50 million dollars hyping up Battlefield 3 right? Guess Activision knew what they were doing because this happen...

no no no, you clearly havent seen their implication of many actors in a desperate attempt to sell as many copies as possible.

its not the quantity of the players that matters, its the quality that really counts. and in this respect, MW3 is an epic fail. its fucking noob city on MW3, and im glad. when i think about it, it simply separates the men from the boys.

I prefer a game that requires skill, tactics, and planning. spray and pray gets played out to soon, and is for the mindless.
      11-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #28
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:

Just because they sold more copies it must be a better game right? Wrong. Have you played both as they were intended to be played?

I remember reading somewhere that bf3 boosted the sales of gaming pcs by like 3 bil this year, could be wrong on that number but it was definitely a large amount.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #29
OOO
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
no no no, you clearly havent seen their implication of many actors in a desperate attempt to sell as many copies as possible.

its not the quantity of the players that matters, its the quality that really counts. and in this respect, MW3 is an epic fail. its fucking noob city on MW3, and im glad. when i think about it, it simply separates the men from the boys.

I prefer a game that requires skill, tactics, and planning. spray and pray gets played out to soon, and is for the mindless.
Men from the boys? Wtf? Dude its a damn game, calm your ass down. There are people who enjoy mw3, and they are people who are fans of bf3. You must be one of those blinded fanboys. Sheesh.
      11-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #30
OOO
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
Just because they sold more copies it must be a better game right? Wrong. Have you played both as they were intended to be played?

I remember reading somewhere that bf3 boosted the sales of gaming pcs by like 3 bil this year, could be wrong on that number but it was definitely a large amount.
Yep, if you like campers fest then bf3 is for you. If you like to go rambo, then mw3 is your game. Both have their pros and cons, well not according to a certain fan boy in this thread.
      11-15-2011, 12:46 PM   #31
driersheets
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Men from the boys? Wtf? Dude its a damn game, calm your ass down. There are people who enjoy mw3, and they are people who are fans of bf3. You must be one of those blinded fanboys. Sheesh.
kieymiester or whatever is a huge fanboi in everything.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #32
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
I haven't bought either yet, but I'm probably going to do BF3 and then buy MW3 later when it price drops.

My big thing I hated with all the recent COD's is that you just get bum-rushed by people who spray and pray. Whenever I played multi-player the only mode I would play is Search and Destroy Hardcore. It forced people to be tactical since you only had one life per round and the teams were 6 on 6. Plus in hardcore you actually had to have some skill. I was really good at it and I think my record for a round was 20 kills to 1 death. But the thing is most people didn't play that mode so it was always a pain in the ass waiting to get a full enough lobby.

I wish the movements in BF weren't so sluggish, but it's a much more tactical game and the massive maps are awesome.
      11-15-2011, 01:08 PM   #33
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
i simply get irritated when people who play CoD think they have skills. what skills? I come on CoD and massacre no problem... 4v1? no problem. its an arcade styled game. key and operative word, arcade styled. <-- grow up.

get on a battlefield simulator and make the kills count. CoD is only 1/5th the game of battlefield. I grew up on battlefield while owning all CoD's since inception. I can say that CoD is worthless in comparison.
      11-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #34
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post

I wish the movements in BF weren't so sluggish,
but it's a much more tactical game and the massive maps are awesome.
true. use those moments to observe your map and find sniping points, camping points, mounting points, etc. get intimate with these maps, they aren't small!
      11-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #35
xEcUtEr
Private
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 05' E91 320d

They are both good games... pure entertainment!!

i couldn't decide for one... so i've Bought the 2 of them for the price of only One in www.cdkeysparadise.com

Problem solved! LOL
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #36
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Yep, if you like campers fest then bf3 is for you. If you like to go rambo, then mw3 is your game. Both have their pros and cons, well not according to a certain fan boy in this thread.
I wouldn't necessarily call it a camp fest, if you were in war would you just run out into the battleozone? Nope you would take down your opponent tactically and not do dumb shit.

If you really can't enjoy tactical play than bf3 team deathmatch is similar to CoD playstyle and is 100x better, I have both :C
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #37
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:

I wish the movements in BF weren't so sluggish, but it's a much more tactical game and the massive maps are awesome.
How is the movement sluggish? Are you trying to run higher settings than your pc can handle? Its probably one of the smoothest games ive played.

Last edited by FDfranklin; 11-15-2011 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #38
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
I don't have either, but plan on getting BF3.

Based on discussion with one of the Sergeants in my unit who has seen combat first hand as an 82nd Airborne Division soldier, he said that BF3 is "real enough to make me feel uncomfortable, like I'm back in it." If that isn't an indicator of how real a game can seem, then I don't know what is!
      11-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #39
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post

Based on discussion with one of the Sergeants in my unit who has seen combat first hand as an 82nd Airborne Division soldier, he said that BF3 is "real enough to make me feel uncomfortable, like I'm back in it." If that isn't an indicator of how real a game can seem, then I don't know what is!
haha that's awesome..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #40
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
How is the movement sluggish? Are you trying to run higher settings than your pc can handle? Its probably one of the smoothest games ive played.
I play on PS3. My reference is to Bad Company 2. Maybe they've updated in the new BF, but the charachters tend to have a bulky run to them as opposed to COD where they run faster. Especially with the larger size of the BF maps, a faster run would be much appreciated.
      11-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #41
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
I play on PS3. My reference is to Bad Company 2. Maybe they've updated in the new BF, but the charachters tend to have a bulky run to them as opposed to COD where they run faster. Especially with the larger size of the BF maps, a faster run would be much appreciated.
The game is definitely smoother than bfbc2 but I am playing on PC so it might be different. I know for sure in CoD whenever there's an airstrike or w.e they are called my game freezes up and lags, soooo annoying(ps3).
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #42
rdub315
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post

you just sold me on BF3
- VTT Stage 2 turbos, VTT inlets, Cobb Pro Tune (E30 and 93 octane tunes), MFactory LSD, 335is clutch, CSF radiator, slim fans, Walbro 255, AE exhaust, AA downpipes, ETS FMIC, Vishnu DCI, ETS charge pipe, Tial BOV, BMS OCC
- H&R Touring Cup Kit, Apex Arc8, M3 style front bumper, MTech style rear bumper and diffuser
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #43
ibarry92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328xi

I'm kind of a fan of Call of Duty games, I loved MW2 and Black Ops. I played Modern Warfare 3 yesterday for the first time...I word: Disappointed. The game is far from real. Knifing is way off, you can crouch or dive to prone, shooting is a joke, overall the game just seems unfinished. You basically just spray and pray that you got the enemy. All I see is people going rambo jumping out of the blue and killing 2 or 3 people before they die and respawn to do it again. I hate that. In real warfare, there will never be a solider going rambo because it just won't happen. If it did, we won't have any solders left.

Black Ops felt much more accurate in terms of killing people. Of course Blacks Ops had their flaws, but IMHO it was better then MW3. I'm thinking on trading it in or just getting it on Black Friday.

I'm looking for a game where there you use strategy, teamwork and communication to win. MW3 is far from that and when there are actually people who do want to communicate, they are either 10 or 11 years old or 2 nerds fighting because one guy got 20 kills off of another guy from camping. I see more strategy, teamwork, and communication in Battlefield and thats most likely where I'm headed.

In conclusion, MW3 was just all a hype and people bought into it.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2011, 03:18 AM   #44
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

I stopped playing games on the computer after CS 1.6... As of right now, I only play on my PS3 and I'm loving the games on a true black HD 1080p res! The story line for BF3 wasn't all that great but the game play was pretty intense. I've always liked the story behind MW and the online gameplay isn't all that bad either. If you have a computer/console that can handle a 64 player then by all means let me know how crazy it really gets. If you're in it for some quick run-and-gun action then MW3 wouldn't be a bad choice.