E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > BMW RR1000

04-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #1
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

BMW RR1000

And the BMW RR1000 kills them both.
      04-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fool View Post
And the BMW RR1000 kills them both.
So does my 195 hp MV Agusta F4 1000 R. What's your point? Do you own a BMW RR1000?
      04-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
So does my 195 hp MV Agusta F4 1000 R. What's your point? Do you own a BMW RR1000?

Nope.... I sure don't. The point of the post was to point out how utterly redundant this entire thread is," Oooo my Porsche is faster than your M3!" and vice versa......... stupid,

2 completely different cars that serve 2 completely different masters, for 2 completely different purposes.

Who really cares? I get thumbs ups from Porsche drivers, just the same as they get thumbs up from me. Both are awesome autobiles in their own rights.
      04-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
ManAndMachine
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80M3 BG KO, '17 Taco Pro

Quote:
195HP?

Inflating numbers to look impressive on an internet forum is just hilarious.

That bike does not make anything over 174HP at the crank.Not only that it can't cold a candle to the new BMW S1000RR in handling,brakes and acceleration.The beemer is in a league of it's own in the inline 4 category.

But gotta give you credit,you got the ideal poser bike,
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
ManAndMachine
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
How does the S1000 compare to the CBR1000? I havnt stayed current on the sport bike scene in the last year but Honda was always the perenial king in the liter bike category. I know the BMW boasts more peak hp, but the CBR has such a broad tq band and its handling is still best in class from what Ive gathered.
BMW has upped the game with the S1KRR,The engine makes power everywhere,especially up top.The chassis is as good as it gets right now along with the new Aprillia rsv4 aprc.Also the traction control and abs are industry standards.HONDA and Suzuki are behind in pretty much all categories compared to the BMW.Kawi just released their new zx10r and it was supposed to dethrone the BMW,but no dice.The chassis,engine,suspension and brakes are superior on the BMW.The zx10r does however have a newly developed traction control system that is on par if not better than what BMW offers right now.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM505SX View Post
195HP?

Inflating numbers to look impressive on an internet forum is just hilarious.

That bike does not make anything over 174HP at the crank.Not only that it can't cold a candle to the new BMW S1000RR in handling,brakes and acceleration.The beemer is in a league of it's own in the inline 4 category.

But gotta give you credit,you got the ideal poser bike,
It's not stock (stock crank hp is 174). It has factory race bits and yes has 195 hp (crank). Give it credit, it's a few years old. Bike companies are always outdoing each other. The BMW is quite excellent. But I'd take the Aprilia over it.

Ideal poser bike? Typical comment on this board of hate. I didn't buy it to impress anyone. I was replacing my Ducati and always found it very cool. I knew if I bought it I would not need to do much to it. I did't feel like sinking more money into bike as I did with my Ducati. But wouldn't you know it had a nasty torque stumble right at the start of the midrange (very annoying). The race exhaust system and ECU cleared it up. Sounds like a F1 car now. I would like to ride the BMW. BMW has a very good military buying program. If I lived in Germany I'd have one.

Last edited by MVF4Rrider; 04-04-2011 at 09:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #7
ManAndMachine
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's not stock (stock crank hp is 174). It has factory race bits and yes has 195 hp (crank). Give it credit, it's a few years old. Bike companies are always outdoing each other. The BMW is quite excellent. But I'd take the Aprilia over it.

Ideal poser bike? Typical comment on this board of hate. I didn't buy it to impress anyone. I was replacing my Ducati and always found it very cool. I knew if I bought it I would not need to do much to it. I did't feel like sinking more money into bike as I did with my Ducati. But wouldn't you know it had a nasty torque stumble right at the start of the midrange (very annoying). The race exhaust system and ECU cleared it up. Sounds like a F1 car now. I would like to ride the BMW. BMW has a very good military buying program. If I lived in Germany I'd have one.
Sounds good,I don't hate the MV,it's just that if your serious about motorcycling,their bikes just don't deliver like a lot of bikes on the market.No one rides them at the track and you only see them at starbucks and bike hangouts on the canyons.I have seen 70K Desmos,1098R,S's at track days and races but no MV's.There's gotta be a reason for that.The BMW can be had for 16K otd.I would get one but I already have a nice inline4.The V4 and chassis in the RSV4 is just too good to pass up.I will get mine this winter.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good,I don't hate the MV,it's just that if your serious about motorcycling,their bikes just don't deliver like a lot of bikes on the market.No one rides them at the track and you only see them at starbucks and bike hangouts on the canyons.I have seen 70K Desmos,1098R,S's at track days and races but no MV's.There's gotta be a reason for that.The BMW can be had for 16K otd.I would get one but I already have a nice inline4.The V4 and chassis in the RSV4 is just too good to pass up.I will get mine this winter.
I bought it when I lived in Germany. You see as many MVs as Japanese bikes there. There were no less than 5 MV dealers within 100Ks of my house. The only Japanese dealer I knew of was in Frankfurt, about 1 hour away. Huge Dainese store and Ducati dealer there also. Everything but MV it seemed.

Don't let what happens in America make you blind to the rest of the world. MV is a very serious bike. It's an evolution like Ducati. And many people race them in Europe, especially Italy. If the Aprilia was out when I was shopping, it's the bike I'd have. But I enjoy my MV. It's quite different from most inline 4s in terms of sound and power delivery. I don't ride around thinking it's the king of the road. But it's damn powerful.
      04-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #9
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Quote:
They are almost never raced around the world.
MV:
2006 Italian Superstock Champion
2008 Italian Superbike Champion

They also did quite well in World Superstock in 2008. As I recall a crash while leading at Brno kept them from taking the championship. Superstock is more of an indicator of a bike's actual performance than classes which allow wholesale changes of componentry. But ultimately they don't have/put the money into racing as others do. It's as simple as that. Generally speaking, rules have a lot to do with whether manufacturers participate in racing programs. Rules can decide competitiveness. A great example is the throttle body size racing governing bodies levied on Ducati for the 748 in Supersport. With the throttle body restriction, the bike was uncompetitive despite the larger displacement. You have your mind made up so no point discussing any further. Cheers!
      04-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #10
ManAndMachine
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quoting those two champinships is laughable dude.NOBODY gives a shit about the Italian superstock championships,but maybe some italians and bench racer like you.Are you serious?

The truth of the matter is MV can not compete with other bike manufacturers from around the world.The japanese bikes will dismantle them and so will the new Italian bikes.Lets not start making excuses about throttle bodies.They can easily make whats required to enter competition.But they know better.

Lets see...

AMA Racing..No MV

WSBK Racing...No MV

Moto GP...No MV

Serious race bikes bike manufacturers do not shy away from world class racing and their competitors.

What do they call their bikes again? Motorcycle Art? Give me fuckin break.No serious biker is paying 20K for a bike that does not perform to the level of of at least the much cheaper Japanese makes.And sales reflect that year in and year out.They have sold the damn company how many times because of financial troubles.They have to understand that in order to sell bikes,they have to make bikes that are on per with the Japanese,go out there race them and beat them.Maybe then they can sell a few bikes.

Motorcycle art=Poser or getting passed lap after lap at the track.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #11
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Quote:
Quoting those two champinships is laughable dude.NOBODY gives a shit about the Italian superstock championships,but maybe some italians and bench racer like you.Are you serious?

The truth of the matter is MV can not compete with other bike manufacturers from around the world.The japanese bikes will dismantle them and so will the new Italian bikes.Lets not start making excuses about throttle bodies.They can easily make whats required to enter competition.But they know better.

Lets see...

AMA Racing..No MV

WSBK Racing...No MV

Moto GP...No MV

Serious race bikes bike manufacturers do not shy away from world class racing and their competitors.

What do they call their bikes again? Motorcycle Art? Give me fuckin break.No serious biker is paying 20K for a bike that does not perform to the level of of at least the much cheaper Japanese makes.And sales reflect that year in and year out.They have sold the damn company how many times because of financial troubles.They have to understand that in order to sell bikes,they have to make bikes that are on per with the Japanese,go out there race them and beat them.Maybe then they can sell a few bikes.

Motorcycle art=Poser or getting passed lap after lap at the track.
Although none of your points are valid or have any relevance to anything that would actually matter to the CEO's of any of these companies (including the Japanese), please say the last thing so this unproductive and worthless babble with end. I so wish people's ages were visible.
      04-07-2011, 12:26 AM   #12
ManAndMachine
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Racing and winning=big boost in sales.It's been proven for decades and any competent CEO obviously knows this.What part of that is not valid?

Getting bailed out by Harley Davidson indicates their ability to sell bikes.These are not $50K bikes were talking here,they are $20K bikes that other Italian manufacturers sell successfully, because they RACE around the world,not just Italy,and generate huge interest along with sells.

As far as the age thing..You should make new thread complaining about not being able to see peoples ages.Maybe the mods will give in and show you some love.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 12:44 AM   #13
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I like threads that wander a bit. Luckily the mods are very loose on letting threads wander. However, the motocycle debate here is getting really far off in to left field. Might I suggest the Off Topic section of the forum?
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #14
ManAndMachine
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I like threads that wander a bit. Luckily the mods are very loose on letting threads wander. However, the motocycle debate here is getting really far off in to left field. Might I suggest the Off Topic section of the forum?
It's cool I'm done with the motorcycle debate..Carry on with the original topic please
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #15
Silver-Bolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [9.00]
My choice.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #16
MikeyV
Captain
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant & A1 Sportback

Quote:
I bought it when I lived in Germany. You see as many MVs as Japanese bikes there.
No you don't, you hardly ever see an MV, even in Italy, in Germany most ride BMW's or Jap sports bikes, with the odd KTM or Ducati.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #17
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

I said this in another thread, I'd much rather have a CBR1000RR or a 1198 then a S1k, simply because the S1K looks hideous and has aesthetically incorrect headlights.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #18
john08135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M Sport, 2010 bmw S1000RR

I have one..
and i love it.. I just had it dynoed and all stock.. 183hp at the wheel.
First time in the 1/4 i ran 10.5 @ 153mph
Attached Images