E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Need Help on 2009 e90 lci msport HID Fog Ballast placement

10-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
rv77
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M-sport AW

Need Help on 2009 e90 lci msport HID Fog Ballast placement

I've been searching the forum but couldn't find anything regarding placement of the ballast for an HID fog light kit for the e90 lci msport. I'm concern about overheating issues and moisture exposure, so I want to find the best place to mount the ballast. If you have a e90 lci, please let me know where you mounted your ballast for the HID fogs on both the driver and passenger side. Any pictures or video would be nice so I can see exactly where to mount them. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv77 View Post
I've been searching the forum but couldn't find anything regarding placement of the ballast for an HID fog light kit for the e90 lci msport. I'm concern about overheating issues and moisture exposure, so I want to find the best place to mount the ballast. If you have a e90 lci, please let me know where you mounted your ballast for the HID fogs on both the driver and passenger side. Any pictures or video would be nice so I can see exactly where to mount them. Thanks in advance.
I just threw mine behind the fender liner. It isn't mounted anywhere.

I actually checked on it the other day and there is no signs of menting/heat issues anywhere (And I have them on whenever I drive)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
rv77
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M-sport AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
I just threw mine behind the fender liner. It isn't mounted anywhere.

I actually checked on it the other day and there is no signs of menting/heat issues anywhere (And I have them on whenever I drive)
Did you use double sided tape or anything at all to hold it in place or is it just dangling around against the fender liner. I'm looking for a solid place to mount without worrying about heating issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Nope. It's just sitting in there
Appreciate 0