E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Car booked in to BMW yet AGAIN~!!!!!!

05-19-2007, 04:20 AM   #23
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

^ see astra
      05-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #24
Sephanite
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

hey lea69, i got my car from doncaster and after the first service, never went back there. Meneres is a better option. give them a call and tell them you have a big problem. they will squeeze u in
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 12:15 AM   #25
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
^ see astra
      05-28-2007, 12:58 AM   #26
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephanite View Post
hey lea69, i got my car from doncaster and after the first service, never went back there. Meneres is a better option. give them a call and tell them you have a big problem. they will squeeze u in
I recently had a good AND bad experience with doncaster BMW- was wondering why you didn't go back to them and what was good about menieres? Also, did you buy new or used from doncaster?
      05-28-2007, 04:35 AM   #27
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
I recently had a good AND bad experience with doncaster BMW- was wondering why you didn't go back to them and what was good about menieres? Also, did you buy new or used from doncaster?
I bought my baby from the guys at doncaster bmw and cannot fault them in anyway!
FYI - if your after a car from there ask for Marko & tell him i(brad w/ the 325ci clubsport) sent you!
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 05:00 AM   #28
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 MSPORTS & BMW E34 535i

Garage List
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
I bought my baby from the guys at doncaster bmw and cannot fault them in anyway!
FYI - if your after a car from there ask for Marko & tell him i(brad w/ the 325ci clubsport) sent you!

Hey BMW//Mpower, Thanks for the advice but Marko left doncaster a few months ago and just started at Mornington last week. I took my car in there last friday after my accident to get it serviced. Marko's a good mate of mine. I did buy my car from him too late last year.
      05-28-2007, 05:09 AM   #29
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEA69 View Post
Hey BMW//Mpower, Thanks for the advice but Marko left doncaster a few months ago and just started at Mornington last week. I took my car in there last friday after my accident to get it serviced. Marko's a good mate of mine. I did buy my car from him too late last year.
Ahh, that explains why i haven't heard from him in a few months!
You know why he left?
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 05:47 AM   #30
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
The sales guys seem to be good (my good experience was with Chris Hope- great guy, sold me my car and moved mountains to get me a replacement fuel pump for my 335 in a week when guys in the USA have been waiting upwards of 4 to 6 weeks for theirs).

BUT I have had nothing but frustration from the service department. First they tell me it's a software problem- it'll take a day to fix. Then they tell me to go home (with my faulty car) and come back in 3 WEEKS when they have a loan car available (when I have been reading on the main forum that some guys cars in the US died within a couple of days of the onset of symptoms). No warning not to go on long trips or anything.

It didn't take a day to fix...

They rang me late afternoon everyday to say the car still wasn't ready- but they wouldn't or couldn't tell me why. They treated me like some idiot saying "I'm not the one working on your car but it's a very complex car with complex electronics and we are doing all we can" etc, etc

On the 4 th day they call me and the first thing I say is "it's the fuel pump isn't it- it's faulty". I was right. "how long?" I ask. They didn't know. So I then call chris about a loan car equivalent to my 335 (because I expect to wait at least a month for the replacement and I am paying lease payments to them!). He tells me he'll speak to the service manager to try and tee something up. The weekend rolls over and the service guys call me monday to say that chris searched the world for a pump and found one in singapore and had it air freighted overnight. So I got the car back in just over a week.

As you can see, an experience with strong and mixed emotions.

BTW sorry Lea if this post is construed as hijacking your post. Just wanted to finally get this off my chest and couldn't be bothered starting a new thread.

05-28-2007, 05:59 AM   #31
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
On the 4 th day they call me and the first thing I say is "it's the fuel pump isn't it- it's faulty". I was right.
I’m up to about 7,000 km. What were the first symptoms of your fuel pump failure Doc?

Cheers.

P.S. I feel for Lea and her car issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 06:03 AM   #32
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I might start a new thread on it and leave Lea's thread alone. ok?
      05-28-2007, 06:05 AM   #33
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
I might start a new thread on it and leave Lea's thread alone. ok?
Good idea.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 06:32 AM   #34
Sephanite
Captain
Rep

agreed with docbeemer.

Sales was spot on! they gave great service and a great deal. The service though was shocking. first time i brought it in was the courtesy checkup after 10k km's. it took me 3 weeks to get it booked in and they charged me for the loan car. The 2nd time i went in, i was able to not get charged for a loan car by going through the sales guy. But this time they refused to change the cracked spring on the front saying it was wear n tear and was outside of warranty. This was only the 4th month and 20k km's down the track. Because they didnt do anything, i went to buy a set of coilovers instead and installed it myself since their price for the spring and installation was crazy.

Since then, i serviced the car myself. When talking to Meneres with any seat belt problems or rattling noises, they were able to book me in the following week and give me a loan car without and questions asked. Also, Doncaster's parts were the most expensive out of the metropolitan BMW dealers and u need to go into Doncaster BMW to put a deposit on the parts before they ordered them. Meneres on the other hand was the cheapest around and put the order in for next day delivery. Also, when i purchased the rotor from them, i gave them the wrong part number. After calling them up, they were willing to take it back and because they didnt have the part in stock, they got one of the mechanics to drive to Melbourne BMW and grab the rotor from them so i can get the part straight away.

Theres my rant ^_^
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 07:54 AM   #35
walbjj
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: s2000

i remember when my father bought his e39 528i from kloster bmw in newcastle, nsw, he was treated really well. it was the 2nd e39 they delivered (this was back in 1997, and they gave him a free loan car for the first 2 and a bit years of servicing, it was always a 318 or 320, which r terrible btw.

they treated him very well there. i would get another bmw from them. the sales and service dept were top notch
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #36
manyways
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M-Sport

well my car is in for the creaky dash/seat issues
hope this issue gets fixed!

just over 2 weeks since i called it in before they could have a look

and bonus, i actually got a loan car
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 01:38 AM   #37
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyways View Post
well my car is in for the creaky dash/seat issues
hope this issue gets fixed!

just over 2 weeks since i called it in before they could have a look

and bonus, i actually got a loan car
I took mine to Mornington BMW, got a loaner 325 (1 week old) and they fixed a fan problem i had in 2 hours. I was quite impressed!
      05-29-2007, 02:12 AM   #38
manyways
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M-Sport

glad they fixed that fan 'leaf' problem ... lol

my seat creak is fixed, they said they lubricated the seat rails

its raining, so i cant really tell if its all good and quiet in my car yet, but i havent heard it on the way home

how far is the mornington dealer? im in glenny

PS. i also booked it in for oil change and update to iDrive, a month away
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 04:17 AM   #39
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyways View Post
glad they fixed that fan 'leaf' problem ... lol

my seat creak is fixed, they said they lubricated the seat rails

its raining, so i cant really tell if its all good and quiet in my car yet, but i havent heard it on the way home

how far is the mornington dealer? im in glenny

PS. i also booked it in for oil change and update to iDrive, a month away
What's Glenny? Glen Waverley?
Mornington is on route to Frankston. Took me 35mins via freeway. Oil change I did myself, get a price for it though from 2-3 dealers, I found they varied. I bought my oil direct from Castrol (the same BMW 5W-30), a BMW oil filter and 10mins, changed over the 5 litres of oil. Think BMW quoted me $220 or something like that (i had it in a different post on this forum) for the oil change. I paid around $100 DIY. But then people argue about not gettign the computer updated that you had an oil change, others called me a tight arse.....

Idrive you have no choice but to go in. Mornington is no way as booked up as doncaster though. Nice scenic drive!
      05-29-2007, 07:24 PM   #40
Sephanite
Captain
Rep

the computer thing u can reset urself. there should be a process to do it in every BMW. i do the services myself aswell since i stopped trusting doncaster with the service.

hey since were all from the SE area, we should meet up sometime. im from Wheelers Hill so right next to Glen Waverley
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2007, 08:44 PM   #41
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephanite View Post
the computer thing u can reset urself. there should be a process to do it in every BMW. i do the services myself aswell since i stopped trusting doncaster with the service.

hey since were all from the SE area, we should meet up sometime. im from Wheelers Hill so right next to Glen Waverley
Ah! Thats great! yes, lets organize a meet, thatll be nice. Im always on www.eurocca.net nowadays as its not all BMWs there. Theyre organizing a meet this sunday for melbournians to Lake Eildon... should be fun if ya interested!
      06-02-2007, 09:15 AM   #42
Sephanite
Captain
Rep

i havent driven with them for a while. lake eildon is a good run as long as u stay with the group. i will pass on the run though
Appreciate 0