E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Update

11-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #23
335xi Kevo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Procede 2.5, DCI, Forge DV, PWM, Scoops, KW V1, ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF Downpipes, M3 Skirts
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #24
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectacula View Post
i agree with you but you have to understand that 2 turbos arent cheap
Agreed spectacula, he obviously doesn't understand what our kit will include in comparison to the singles and still be priced close to the same. I could recreate the single kit on the market and price it $2000 less and still make money. Also don't forget the twin GT option over the GTX's will bring the price down. The retail price for the turbo in the single kit on Precision's site is $999. Thats retail, easily knock 15-20% off that buying in bulk. My cost on one GTX is more than that and it doesn't come with a turbine housing so it brings the price even higher. Multiply that by two and our kit even being in the same ballpark price wise says a lot. Obviously you will never make everyone happy. Nothing wrong with the single kits they perform well, were just trying to do something different.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #25
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Agreed spectacula, he obviously doesn't understand what our kit will include in comparison to the singles and still be priced close to the same. I could recreate the single kit on the market and price it $2000 less and still make money. Also don't forget the twin GT option over the GTX's will bring the price down. The retail price for the turbo in the single kit on Precision's site is $999. Thats retail, easily knock 15-20% off that buying in bulk. My cost on one GTX is more than that and it doesn't come with a turbine housing so it brings the price even higher. Multiply that by two and our kit even being in the same ballpark price wise says a lot. Obviously you will never make everyone happy. Nothing wrong with the single kits they perform well, were just trying to do something different.
Well said. Im looking forward to your stage 2 turbos, this is the route ill go when the time comes

My advice: After your stage 1, 2, and 3s are done, make a single-turbo setup priced between 2 and 3. Im sure you could make a killing.
      11-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #26
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

What's the power gains on stage 2?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #27
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectacula View Post
i agree with you but you have to understand that 2 turbos arent cheap
Quote:
Listen Tony, I am only stating my personal view. If you do a search you will find that I asked you a rough ballpark for the price before, and back then you said you don't want to provide an estimate as you did not want to get burned as you learned your lesson. Perhaps you were referring to your Stage 1 and 2 kits, I don't know.

Then you hinted that stage 3 would be 'competitively' priced with the singles, for me I took it as slightly cheaper, but obviously I was wrong. The way I see it, you do not need to agree obviously, you are positioning the Vishnu kit as overpriced by $2,000 judging on hardware only. I will leave others to comment. The way I see it, your development is for hardware only.

I am not here to flame, I am just a potential customer, but I think your comments and tone might be getting sideways a little.

Cheers man!

Last edited by kenneth; 11-23-2012 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #28
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Listen Tony, I am only stating my personal view. If you do a search you will find that I asked you a rough ballpark for the price before, and back then you said you don't want to provide an estimate as you did not want to get burned as you learned your lesson. Perhaps you were referring to your Stage 1 and 2 kits, I don't know.

Then you hinted that stage 3 would be 'competitively' priced with the singles, for me I took it as slightly cheaper, but obviously I was wrong. The way I see it, you do not need to agree obviously, you are positioning the Vishnu kit as overpriced by $2,000 judging on hardware only. I will leave others to comment. The way I see it, your development is for hardware only.

I am not here to flame, I am just a potential customer, but I think your comments and tone might be getting sideways a little.

Cheers man!
Huh, "Competitively" priced and in the "ball park price wise" are the basically same thing said two ways. My tone nor comments were not in any way sideways. I am not saying anything is overpriced at all, thats you saying it. When you are first to market you can really price your kit however you want, because well you are first to market. I simply stated based on the hardware in that kit it could be sold for much less and still be profitable. If you want to take what I am saying and twist it around as everyone on the forums does. That is your choice. I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving, as I said before you will never make everyone happy, but thats not the goal. The goal is to make great turbo options and price them best as we can.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #29
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Very cool! How much power do you think stage 3 will make?

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #30
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrooks18 View Post
We will have to wait and see!

I'm eagerly awaiting results

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #31
4doorbmwpower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue E90 335i

havent been this excited for a turbo upgrade since... well FOREVER mainly because of the fair pricing, but the proof is in the pictures there is obvious progress, obvious research and development and obvious passion for the N54.. GO VARGAS GO!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #32
4doorbmwpower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue E90 335i

spoken like a champ!!!

Quote:
Huh, "Competitively" priced and in the "ball park price wise" are the basically same thing said two ways. My tone nor comments were not in any way sideways. I am not saying anything is overpriced at all, thats you saying it. When you are first to market you can really price your kit however you want, because well you are first to market. I simply stated based on the hardware in that kit it could be sold for much less and still be profitable. If you want to take what I am saying and twist it around as everyone on the forums does. That is your choice. I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving, as I said before you will never make everyone happy, but thats not the goal. The goal is to make great turbo options and price them best as we can.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #33
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrooks18
I doubt Tony will want to state a gain/price just yet until its completed and tested. Wouldn't make sense to tell the community now that he'll sell for $2000 less than the single and it'll make 550whp no meth.

There is absolutely too many factors and no data to support these claims. The important thing is that there is progress and clear attempt to try and be fair, while being profitable. Any business has to follow these rules to survive.

I myself am very eager because if I keep my car ill be one of the first Canadian vert's jumping on this =D

Can't wait! I'd finally be able to get rid of my dreaded WG rattle and have power to boot!
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #34
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra99
Quote:
I doubt Tony will want to state a gain/price just yet until its completed and tested. Wouldn't make sense to tell the community now that he'll sell for $2000 less than the single and it'll make 550whp no meth.

There is absolutely too many factors and no data to support these claims. The important thing is that there is progress and clear attempt to try and be fair, while being profitable. Any business has to follow these rules to survive.

I myself am very eager because if I keep my car ill be one of the first Canadian vert's jumping on this =D

Can't wait! I'd finally be able to get rid of my dreaded WG rattle and have power to boot!
He never said the Stage 3 option was $2000 less. Read more carefully. He said he could price a singleturbo kit for $2000 less than the current ST vendors and still make money. He stated his Stage 3 twins will be in the same ballpark (price wise) as the leading single turbo option is currently. Bear in mind this includes a complete extra turbo in the kit. Hence, twin turbo

He will post dynos when they are reaching their final stages, im sure. I still think that he should make a single-turbo option between stage 2/3.

As always, looking good Vargas
      11-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #35
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra99
Quote:

He never said the Stage 3 option was $2000 less. Read more carefully. He said he could price a singleturbo kit for $2000 less than the current ST vendors and still make money. He stated his Stage 3 twins will be in the same ballpark (price wise) as the leading single turbo option is currently. Bear in mind this includes a complete extra turbo in the kit. Hence, twin turbo

He will post dynos when they are reaching their final stages, im sure. I still think that he should make a single-turbo option between stage 2/3.

As always, looking good Vargas
I never specified that he stated "$2000" less than a single, was simply using it as an example.

Ppl here have some reading comprehension issues lol...
Appreciate 0