E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Calling out e92-lighting - Horrendous service

Closed Thread

03-20-2011, 01:41 AM   #1
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Vendor Service

I'm a "get what you pay for" kind of person, and that is far from the case with my 2nd order from e92-lighting.com. I'm quite disappointed as my first order went flawlessly.

Problem 1 -

No communication over 2 weeks. I placed an order and never received my parts. When I emailed, no answer. I used their online chat, claimed "2 days", when I called, I finally got an answer and it was still 2 more days and my second item is still backordered.

Time to 1st part - about 20 days

Problem 2 -

Advertised part "194/168 bulbs" are error free. This is far from the truth. Error free maybe 1/4 to 1/2 the time on the first few days. My left side is throwing errors daily with every startup.

I email again (their preferred method of contact) and still no answer.

Problem 3 -

Still no 2nd part. I've been waiting over 1 month for my 2nd part. No word, no confirmation email, and order says "completed" in their tracking. It's fine if it's backordered, but since they can't communicate, how can the customer trust the part will actually come in?

EDIT
The vendor, after my most recent email and this post, worked with me to make an amicable resolution to my issues. They provided tracking for my item that was backordered, and solution to my issue #2.

The take home point here is that communication, or lack thereof, can seriously hinder a consumer-vendor relationship and you should be proactive with all means of communication including email, phone-calls, and web support.

Also, I would recommend making payment using methods that do not charge until the vendor ships. This way the buyer is protected if the goods are not shipped in a timely manner.

Thank you everyone for all of your support and venting.

Last edited by Professor///M; 03-21-2011 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: Vendor Resolved
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 02:37 AM   #2
Hooy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Cool story bro.

Kidding. This does sound like a horrible experience. Hopefully they fix your situation and improve on customer relations.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Cool story bro.

Kidding. This does sound like a horrible experience. Hopefully they fix your situation and improve on customer relations.
This is not a "horrible experience" by any means but it is annoying and time consuming.

That said, you must remember that anybody can pay a few bucks and throw up a professional looking website that makes the "company" look more impressive than it is in reality

Many online store are actually some kid working out of their parent's basement. They carry no stock, have no equity and buy from other vendors as they get orders (and payment.)

With customer service this bad, how good can the product be.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
Infamous
Secret Asian Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

I waited quite a long time for a set of tpms that I had paid for through his site. I received no relies to pm's for a while, I even saw he was posting in other threads actively.

I would have been satisfied with either "hey dude I'm out of town" or "we are out of stock" but I couldn't even get that.

Every other vendor has been great about shooting back responses even before I had spent ANY money whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
posite
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

I too am having a horrible experience with them right now. They sent me the wrong item and are blaming me however once I sent them the copy of my order which shows I requested the right one.. I am left waiting on a response.

I ordered several things and have had to keep on them like crazy to get tracking numbers and what not and 39 days later I am still waiting on one last item I was told would be shipped 2 weeks ago.. no tracking number yet.

They have great reviews as a vendor and quality products so far but this little shipping mishap resulting in me getting the wrong and cheaper item, and their customer service is killing it for me. Accidents happen, they just have to resolve it that is all.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
goowakj
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: To Be Decided

Ouch, I was just about to place an order with them. Guess I'll be holding back
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
TxBeem
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

I would not be placing an order through them, EVER. I hate people who don't respond to your emails especially one who is a paying customer. Once money has exchanged you have a RESPONSIBILITY to deliver goods or service, Duh!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
KdoubleU
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Therefore I am.

Ordered Nokya bulbs on the site, that were apparently back ordered. They kept pushing back the date that they were expected to be in stock, so I requested my money back (and within that same time had it shipped in hand from an Amazon dealer). It took a couple days for a response (via PM), but they refunded my money. So, although not perfect, they did make it right. BTW, I suggested to them to post on their site when things are in or out of stock, sure would help all parties involved.

OEM 359M|KWv1|JB4|AR DP|335is Exhaust|CYBA Tips|Arkym Lip (RIP)|BMW Perf Steering Wheel|BMW Perf Spoiler|LCI|V1|Lux
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #9
tracerit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 BRZ Limited 6MT

i had some trouble getting a hold of him two years ago when he first started as well. he was cool enough to accept a full refund on blacklines though. maybe this is his side job?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #10
x-noize
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 alpine white 335i

not nice to trash talk on here,ive had zero issues with e92-lighting
      03-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #11
Chicks-Love-Bimmers
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: FBO 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Unfortunately, I've experienced the same kind of service so you're not the only one. About 3-4 months ago, I bought aluminum pedals that were on backordered and it never came until about a month and a half after I ordered them . Then about 2 months ago, I ordered Nokya bulbs that were on back order as well, I PM'd him about 3-4 times regarding them and it turns out he never got them in so he had to send me a replacement. The replacement I didn't get until like 6 or 7 weeks until after I ordered the bulbs . You really have to call him if you want a straight-forward and quick response which was what I had to do.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #12
DrMcCo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Thumbs down

Same goes here. Bought some GP Thunders from e92-lighting, credit card was charged immediately, but no shipment and no correspondence for many days. I sent an email inquiring on status, received no reply until 4 days later stating they were waiting on inventory. I asked for my order to be cancelled immediately, but again no response (and no credit on my CC). 2 weeks later, I received my bulbs. I will never be doing business with them again!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #13
H4n
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Ya I've been trying to order things from there but when you pm him sometimes no answer. Still waiting for an answer from a pm on 3/16 oh well.... Spend my money somewhere else.
      03-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #14
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eekthecat View Post

I sent him a PM regarding paint match on a couple of parts I ordered, and have yet to receive a reply (sent Wednesday). Though I gather that AW is a hard color to match, I would at least like to hear back from him. The parts (painted reflectors and m3 lip spoiler) are close, but just off-enough where upon closer inspection, they don't look like they're the same (sheen/depth).

Seeing that he has time to find make posts looking for good sushi restaurants only makes things worse. I don't mean to pile on, and he has a right to look for good food, but this kind of sucks.
AW is impossible to match on a used car, if your car was brand NEW AW would be matchable as far as I'm told.

As for buying off his site, guys PM him first about stock and inventory before you buy parts off him, because I'm sure he doesnt have a huge warehouse where he stores stuff.

I bought stuff from him a couple times, first time I waited a couple days for a tracking second time I had a tracking number 10 minutes after payment.

In the end he always pull through, he's been good to me so far, hope things workout for you.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #15
intensee92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Your Girl Crazy.

Hopefully everything gets smoothed out for you man.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #16
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Damn that sucks to hear sorry about that man.

That's the excuse I heard from everyone when it came to AW that it only matches brand new paint haha... I guess it was all BS then.

Seems like AW is the toughest paint to match by a longshot.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #17
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
lol, I had no idea AW was considered one of the hardest paints to match.. I figured it's non-metallic, plain old white... oh well. Buyer-beware then... future people with alpine white: you may have a hard time getting parts that look exactly right. Not sure if it's from all-vendors or just e92-lighting. I wanted to give the local socal guy a chance too... seems that he ends up drop-shipping from asia anyway.

Ugh... it bugs me so much, it's affecting my enjoyment of my new car (just a little). I wonder if I should just take the parts off, eat the cost, and buy new ones.
Yeah I've spoken to a lot of vendors and they've all said AW is difficult to match. I think the best way to match it is bring your car into the paint shop.

I'm sure your the only one who will notice the difference, try waiting it out and see if you grow to accept it haha, theres a lot of things about my car that bug me, but only I notice them.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #18
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Seeing that he has time to find make posts looking for good sushi restaurants only makes things worse. I don't mean to pile on, and he has a right to look for good food, but this kind of sucks.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #19
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Also had a poor experience. Nokya bulbs were backordered, took a few stern emails to even get a reply. I was told a few times that they were going to be shipped in a day or two. Order to doorstep delivery took ~8 weeks, for $29 bulbs, which I then found cheaper locally.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #20
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

AW has some pearl to it, plus BMW has different variations.

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #21
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

In regards to PM's most people should stick with website emails and telephone.... Its easier. Lots of vendors are on multiple sites and its hard to keep track of PM's for forum to forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2011, 08:57 PM   #22
dug1200
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D

This was my conversation with them today

> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: please update me on order 4083. It was supposed to ship last week and I still have not seen the product or tracking
> E92-Lighting: there is a slight problem with this order
> E92-Lighting: i have already contacted the painter yesterday
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: so what does that mean. website said 5 business days for paint, it has been 12. Someone told me last week it was curing and would ship out
> E92-Lighting: the paint shop stated that the LCI grilles which is what you have, the actual grille cannot be separated, so they said they can do black gloss instead or provide a full refund
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: how long would it take to get the gloss black?
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: also, why was i told it was curing and would ship last week?
> E92-Lighting: i am asking for you
> E92-Lighting: ok the gloss black will take 3 days to paint, so the whole grille will be painted gloss black
> E92-Lighting: the LCI grille is one piece
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: is there a price difference?
> E92-Lighting: its the same price
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: did you find out why i was told it was curing and would ship out last week?
> E92-Lighting: we dont paint our parts, because we dont have a painter on site, sorry about that
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: please refund my money
> E92-Lighting: ok, we will refund your money
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: when will this be done?
> E92-Lighting: you will see the refund after i get refunded from the painter shop, which should be within 1-2 business days
> E92-Lighting: i already already paid them after your order was submitted
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: that is unacceptable
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: its been almost 3 weeks
> E92-Lighting: we said we will refund you and you say its not acceptable?
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: if they couldnt do it, they should have told you sooner and that information relayed back to me
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: no the 1-2 days
> E92-Lighting: again, we are not the painter shop
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: that is an issue with you and the paint shop...my business was with you
> E92-Lighting: which means we are at the mercy of them, not us
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: when would you have told me if I had not asked
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: i want my refund today
> E92-Lighting: you will see the refund soon, i am contacting the painter shop
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: today
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: i have nothing to do with the paint shop. I paid you, not them
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: if they couldnt deliver, then that is an issue between you and them. I want my money

Horrible customer service

more of conversation

> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: i have nothing to do with the paint shop. I paid you, not them
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: if they couldnt deliver, then that is an issue between you and them. I want my money
> E92-Lighting: you will get a refund in a few hours, thanks
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: it does not take a few hours to log onto paypal and hit the refund key
> E92-Lighting: again, i guess you missed it, we already gave the money to the painter
> E92-Lighting: after the painter refunds us, we can refund you immediately
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: again, my business was with YOU not the painter...
> E92-Lighting: you will get a refund within 1-2 hours
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: again, not soon enough.
> E92-Lighting: is that still not acceptable?
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: correct...i want my money before this conversation is over. I dont care if you already paid the painter. I already paid you a few weeks back. Then I was lied to about getting my order and now come to find out that I cant even get what I ordered
> E92-Lighting: so we tried to offer a replacement, is that bad of us?
> E92-Lighting: we never said we wouldnt refund yoiu
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: so if you are going to refund me, then it wont matter to you if you do it now
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: you tried to offer a replacement after my 3rd attempt to get a status update. How long before you would have contacted me to let me know? weeks, months?
> E92-Lighting: actually, we just found out yesterday
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: so why wasnt i informed yesterday?
> E92-Lighting: because i am currently in taiwan
> E92-Lighting: time differences
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: who is in irvine ca?
> E92-Lighting: we are, but i am not there at the moment
> E92-Lighting: business convention so i can get more BMW parts for everyone
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: last time i checked, bmw is a german company
> E92-Lighting: aftermarket BMW parts
> E92-Lighting: that is the correct term
> E92-Lighting: so i found out yesterday the paint ship couldnt do it
> E92-Lighting: because of the time difference i didnt get a chance to notify you
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: so there is a time difference in email?
> E92-Lighting: we just got refunded from the painters shop
> E92-Lighting: thanks for your patience
> E92-Lighting: a refund will be issued
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: still waiting
> Q3VzdG9tZXI_: this is the longest immediately i have experienced > E92-Lighting: after the painter refunds us, we can refund you immediately

Last edited by dug1200; 04-12-2011 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread