E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > 335 e-brake retrofit

01-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
rayguy24
the mod bug is crawling in my brain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 tiag aka "luna"

335 e-brake retrofit

Just curious, but what have those of you who upgraded from 328i brakes to 335i brakes do to make the e-brake parking brake functional? What was most cost-effective?

From looking on the boards, some say get the e-brake assembly from realoem, another thread showed pics of how they were able to cut and weld the parking shoe for the 328 into place of the 335 parking shoe mold. The parking shoe mold seems to be the most cost effective. Then again, I have no clue what is encompassed when guys refer to the e-brake "assembly". In looking at realoem, there are so many parts that I have no clue what is needed. I also got mixed information stating that the e-brake isn't as easy as just swapping in the assembly, and that a hub conversion too is needed. At this point I'm pretty damn confused.

Hopefully someone who has successfully done this retrofit can help out and chime in. Since I have an auto transmission though, I guess I could always just say screw the pkb lol.

Link to realoem:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...85&hg=34&fg=40
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
avocet
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 2011 X5d

i have put a 335i backing plate up to the hub of a 328i and it will simply not fit. nor will the spring kit. yes, i have these parts in my garage.

luckily, they are not that expensive when bought off of ebay.

if you want them l will sell them cheap! lol

there is another guy who put a spacer into the 185mm hole to make it a 160mm hole so he could use oem 328i brake shoes. that is another great way to go, but i modded the shoe because i have a cutter, welder and garage to do it in!

goto post #21:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=brake+160mm
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
rayguy24
the mod bug is crawling in my brain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 tiag aka "luna"

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocet View Post
i have put a 335i backing plate up to the hub of a 328i and it will simply not fit. nor will the spring kit. yes, i have these parts in my garage.

luckily, they are not that expensive when bought off of ebay.

if you want them l will sell them cheap! lol

there is another guy who put a spacer into the 185mm hole to make it a 160mm hole so he could use oem 328i brake shoes. that is another great way to go, but i modded the shoe because i have a cutter, welder and garage to do it in!

goto post #21:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=brake+160mm

Thanks Avocet,

I think I am going to go the cutter/weld direction too with the shoes. The spacer seems more complicated to me. Thanks for the offer on the 335i hub parts, but I don't think I would have much more luck that you did haha.
Appreciate 0