E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Limp Limp Limp

01-25-2008, 06:49 AM   #45
2007_E93
Captain
Rep
Drives: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Please share if/when you can.
i will
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 07:29 AM   #46
turbotko
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

Ah hell, you never hear of all the Procedes out there that have zero problems.......like mine. The only ones you actually hear about are the ones with problems. Something isn't right there. I've ran every V2 map out plus a couple of beta maps, and never ever had a limp or C/E light. I have mine set to 94% and it makes 14.7 psi every time.

Give us some more info. What altitude are you at, what are the ambient conditions(air temp etc.), and what kind of fuel are you using. You did undo the boost solenoid bypass right? My bet, you have a leaking vacuum line to the boost solenoids, or to the wastegates. Either that or you have a boost leak, possibly from the stock diverter valves.

I hate it for you guys, but all these Procede hater threads is what allowed me to get a V2 used for cheap.
      01-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #47
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned335i View Post
A properly installed, tested, and adapted PROcede with good gas in the tank will not throw a limp mode.

The OP is obviously an intelligent person because they had V1.47 installed for a while with no issues. The OP needs to remove the PROcede entirely and take the car back to stock. Then reinstall, triple checking wiring, ground, and power connections, test with bypass plugs, then test exactly per the install instructions. Make sure the battery is disconnected. He must not skip any sections even if they seem redundant. Nearly every V2 install issue is caused by a loose ground, loose intercept connection, failure to test with bypass plugs, failure to disconnect the battery during install, failure to test exactly per the instructions, and other user-caused issues. It's incredibly easy to accidentally disconnect one of the intercept splices. And you can't tell if they're connected securely by feeling them through the tape. You have to remove all the tape and retape.

Reading the forum for a while about other's problems helps too. Reading the forum would eliminate the posts of people complaining "oh no! my car is boosting 14.8 PSI with 90% torque settings!!" because they would know that every car is different and reacts differently to the piggyback. Some cars boost high and some boost low. That's it. There's nothing wrong. That's why the user torque settings are there, to allow the user to customize the tune to maximize power output.

Your comment and those from Garrett contribute exactly ZERO to this thread and the forum. You guys who get off by hiijacking threads with the sole purpose of bashing a product or company you don't like should be banned.
Your overly dismissing people's problems.

If the software is set to a maximum boost of 13psi, and he is getting sustained 15psi... as brought to Shiv's attention by Eugene more than a month ago. Then more people start looking into this.. some data-logging it and now there are more documented cases. How is questioning the tune's reliability off-topic..?

Your posts has added nothing to this thread, other than to say ... mine is working... but this thread is not about people who's Procede hasn't caused "limp limp limp". Coincidentally, how do you know yours is working prooperly, unless you've datalogged your tune?

Just because your not throwing codes, means that those who are, installed their PROcede wrong..?

Sorry, I find this saga interesting, very interesting!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #48
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '13 S4, '15 Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
If the software is set to a maximum boost of 13psi, and he is getting sustained 15psi... as brought to Shiv's attention by Eugene more than a month ago. Then more people start looking into this.. some data-logging it and now there are more documented cases. How is questioning the tune's reliability off-topic..?
Actually, I was the one who brought this to light and was about two months ago. Timelines and originators should be important when attempting to make a statement.

Lumping problems does not help those experiencing unusual issues. The majority of the issues have been user errors. In this case, there may be more to it as it appears the installation is fine. But that does not preclude vehicle aspects which may exacerbate a minimal problem.

The problem you repeatedly cite is the spike matter which is not the case here and has been long resolved. This spike only occurred under certain circumstances and was remedied by early December. The OP's matter is different and IMO, may be mechanical related. If so, then the cluttering of this thread with rhetoric and presumed agenda does not help those who may have similar issues.

I would suggest waiting for the conclusion prior to proclaiming fault.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #49
2007_E93
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Actually, I was the one who brought this to light and was about two months ago. Timelines and originators should be important when attempting to make a statement.

Lumping problems does not help those experiencing unusual issues. The majority of the issues have been user errors. In this case, there may be more to it as it appears the installation is fine. But that does not preclude vehicle aspects which may exacerbate a minimal problem.

The problem you repeatedly cite is the spike matter which is not the case here and has been long resolved. This spike only occurred under certain circumstances and was remedied by early December. The OP's matter is different and IMO, may be mechanical related. If so, then the cluttering of this thread with rhetoric and presumed agenda does not help those who may have similar issues.

I would suggest waiting for the conclusion prior to proclaiming fault.
+1. I am in no way a hater or a koolaid drinker when it comes to tuning. I bought what I thought was best. NOT bashing Vishnu here. Just looking for a solution. I THINK mine may be a simple one. I will share after Vishnu team reviews the data as I don't want to jump to conclusions.

As for Turbo's comments above,..I have posted most of this info already. ALL my wires are correct. NO codes!. I check and double check everything! Solenoid Vacuum lines are correct and tight (I even took a picture of it before v1.47 just to make sure). Ambient air was 59 degrees at about 100 feet above sea-level. I had higher boost than 15 psi in all gears on multiple runs at 90% (default) settings on V2 after 75+ miles of adaptation. Oh,,..93 Octane Shell ,..never anything else.

I will post a thread describing what I think was wrong when I get Vishnu team to review my logs again at 85%, 88%, and 90%. I think the problem is GONE now but I am OBVIOUSLY new to this tuning stuff and would like to be sure I understand it well enough before I post something that may be incorrect.

Hopefully today,...waiting on pm or email...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #50
2007_E93
Captain
Rep

OK,..So I feel stupid,..High Boost RESOLVED!

Quote:
Please share if/when you can.
OK, so looks like it was a simple thing afterall on my high boost pressures.

The datalogs I took after about 75mi of "adaptation", but I brought my buddy along to show him my Procede. Well I showed him the difference between stock and Procede,...I switched to valet mode for about 3 minutes and then back to Procede v2. Off we went to do the datalogging.

YEP car needed to adapt again. I was basically showing high pressures because I did a few runs WOT at stock settings then went to default settings and I guess Procede/ECU needed time to readapt again.

After I waited a few days and Dustin recommended new datalogs I was able to show good boost pressures at 90%.

Thanks Dustin!!

Yes I'm a bit green to tuning, but I followed everything to the letter (or so I thought). I just didn't think switching for a couple minutes to Valet mode would change my datapoints. Well,...lesson learned to anyone else having similar problems.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #51
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Does this mean boost pressures change as adaptation changes?
      01-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #52
2007_E93
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambonator View Post
They must,...I have the data to prove it. Went from 15.3 to 14.6 or so between 4500-5500 rpms a few days after switching to valet mode and back again.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 07:05 PM   #53
scalbert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambonator View Post
Yes, the PROcede V2 starts with the factory boost control solenoid output duty cycle. The PROcede uses the factory duty cycle to determine the base output from the PROcede but of course, with a multiplier. This way, if the DME commands more boost, so will the PROcede. And of course, the opposite is true as well.

This allows for the PROcede to maintain factory like throttle characteristics; linear progression of throttle to power.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #54
scalbert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007_E93 View Post
YEP car needed to adapt again. I was basically showing high pressures because I did a few runs WOT at stock settings then went to default settings and I guess Procede/ECU needed time to readapt again.
Glad to hear all is well and so much for the sky is falling assertions some claimed.

I am still curious about those throttle lift boost continuation. But I beleive yours is a 6AT? If so, then perhaps the DME tries to maintain boost just aftre the shift.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #55
2007_E93
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Glad to hear all is well and so much for the sky is falling assertions some claimed.

I am still curious about those throttle lift boost continuation. But I beleive yours is a 6AT? If so, then perhaps the DME tries to maintain boost just aftre the shift.
Yep Steptronic. I think this too adapts as my newer datalogs seem to show the boost coinciding more with the rpms (if I understand it corrctly). Here is one at 90% setting. There is still a high boost at 15.3 but it is for a split sec only when the car shifts and is not as sustained as before. It is highest in 4th gear. This run is 1st-4th gears.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 07:44 PM   #56
scalbert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007_E93 View Post
Yep Steptronic. I think this too adapts as my newer datalogs seem to show the boost coinciding more with the rpms (if I understand it corrctly). Here is one at 90% setting. There is still a high boost at 15.3 but it is for a split sec only when the car shifts and is not as sustained as before. It is highest in 4th gear. This run is 1st-4th gears.
Looks good, and again, glad to see everything worked out.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 07:46 PM   #57
2007_E93
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Looks good, and again, glad to see everything worked out.
Thanks,...ME TOO
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 09:10 PM   #58
335i black/red
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Da Twin Turbo Coupe

V1 software for V2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shih View Post
V2 was installed on Friday. The car was acting normal for 3 days. However, this morning the way to work. My car gets limp mode every time I have paddle down (every time).

The data files was taken this afternoon. Someone, please help.
Dude u are using V1 software in ur analysis, so I wouldn't be surprised if u uploaded V2 w V1 software, that MAY BE THE CAUSE OF UR LIMPS?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 12:59 AM   #59
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned335i View Post

Your comment and those from Garrett contribute exactly ZERO to this thread and the forum. You guys who get off by hiijacking threads with the sole purpose of bashing a product or company you don't like should be banned.
Why the fuck should I be banned? Because I dont wanna have a shit load of issues with my car when I purchase super expensive software? I shouldnt have to worry about which brand of gas is in the tank, what altitude im at ect. What if I wanna travel, my car should fine EVERYWHERE and on ANY brand of gas. To limit myself for a few ponys is stupid as far as Im concerned.

Imagine the embarrassment of having my car go limp as I drive a girl up the mountains to the cabin.

I got nothing against shiv except that I have no faith buying his product as I cant afford to have ANY issues, not even for a week or two. My car has to work flawlessly always!
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #60
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 Red Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i black/red View Post
Dude u are using V1 software in ur analysis, so I wouldn't be surprised if u uploaded V2 w V1 software, that MAY BE THE CAUSE OF UR LIMPS?
He is using the correct V1.01 Analyzing software.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 12:41 PM   #61
RMcoolX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post

Imagine the embarrassment of having my car go limp as I drive a girl up the mountains to the cabin.
      01-27-2008, 01:55 PM   #62
Shih
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcoolX View Post
I was tell my friend visiting me from chicago that "shit proceded car is fast"...and next sec, the car went limp mode.

BTW, I used the bypass yesterday. The car went limp with 3rd gear around 5k rpm. I again checked the wires without any luck. Anyone think that is from a bad procede?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 02:11 PM   #63
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

So to clarify then, because I'm getting all twisted about, is the limp problem solved or not?

It seems like spiking boost levels were fixed after you let it adapt...but you've still got limp problems...is that correct? What is Shiv and his team doing?

I'm thinking of buying a 335 in the spring and was planning on going PROcede, but I'm starting to wonder now. Especially since I'm up in Canada and nowhere close to Shiv. Though I do know Shiv's done some tuning in Canada already....hmmmm...so undecided right now.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 02:12 PM   #64
scalbert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shih View Post
BTW, I used the bypass yesterday. The car went limp with 3rd gear around 5k rpm.
Are you saying you used the bypass plugs and it still went into limp mode?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #65
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Are you saying you used the bypass plugs and it still went into limp mode?
Could this happen if the car was still adapting back to stock?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 02:46 PM   #66
Shih
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Could this happen if the car was still adapting back to stock?
First of all, I am sorry about the confusion.

Few days ago, I had the procede reader to set my TQ setting to 80%. The car went without limp for one night. However, my car went limp just like before I changed the TQ setting.

I did not have time spend time on the car until yesterday. I rechecked every wires, (unplug and plug every single one) and used the bypass. The car went limp with 3rd gear around 5k rpm.

2007_E93 has his car running smooth now, but mine is still going limp.
Appreciate 0