E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Non-Automotive Classifieds > Orlando Quevedo Painting

12-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
bimmer32five
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2015 X5 35i

Thumbs up Orlando Quevedo Painting

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 900.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Im selling an Orlando Quevedo painting titled "Lady in Venice". Its professionally framed and is 53" x 38.5", edition of 21 of 99.

A little bio about the artist: Orlando Rafael Quevedo was born on January 1, 1970 in Holguin, Cuba. Proud of his heritage and culture, he came to the Unite States in December 1993 to pursue his artistic career. At the early age of 15, Orlando was awarded first prize in the International Young Artist Exhibitions both in Moscow and Havana, along with numerous first prize awards in the yeas to fallow. His art has been exhibited at the International Art Expo in New York from 2000 to 2002.

typical Orlando painting may include representations of works by renowned artist such as Chagall, Degas, Lautrec, Miro, Monet, Mucha , O'keefe, Picasso, Rembrandt, and Van Gogh.

Inspired by his favorite artists, Peter Paul Rubens, Velazquez and Rembrandt, he continues to pay homage to these "Masters" as he combines their techniques to create the light, drama and movement that clearly define a continually evolving Baroque, surreal and magical style. When asked about why he loves paying homage to the masters in his paintings, he states that during his time at the Philadelphia Museum of Fine Art he felt that it was a natural progression to include some of the paintings he spent years observing. Orlando is a master of the light and shadow technique, the depiction of light and shadow is an important technique to represent illusory space in a painting. Without light, nothing can be seen but with shadow and shade objects and the Space surrounding them can be realistically defined

Orlando has been producing small editions of hand signed giclee prints on canvas to be able to meet the demand of his collectors. The average edition size is 99, signed and numbered by the artist with a small number of artist's proofs. He is currently working on new mediums such as works on paper, and hand embellished works on canvas. Orlando is always exploring new trends in the world of print-making to be able to reach his large following worldwide.

Im asking $900 OBO. Im located in Maryland, and because of the size, would prefer local delivery (MD/VA/PA areas). I can ship it, but I'm not sure what that would cost.

I have other photos I can send as well.

Thanks for looking, Mark

Attached Images

Last edited by bimmer32five; 12-13-2012 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: price, description
Appreciate 0