E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Angel eye HID kits?

05-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #23
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

Sod it , bank holiday weekend boredom has won .. I've just ordered my 6000k set from alpine Motorsport.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #24
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0timbo0o View Post
Sod it , bank holiday weekend boredom has won .. I've just ordered my 6000k set from alpine Motorsport.
Hahaha congratulations mate! Please post pics of before and after!

My LEDs should be arriving any day now!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #25
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

I've emailed Alex and plan is to order the loom and kti from them as I checked the voltages on the H8 bulbs in my LCI and seems they dont even run on full 35w (as mentiond above) so will simply wire ina connection for the relay to these and take the load power fro mthe battery tap direct. Removing the need for expensinve can ballalst and also over loading the loom. WIn WIN
      05-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #26
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
I've emailed Alex and plan is to order the loom and kti from them as I checked the voltages on the H8 bulbs in my LCI and seems they dont even run on full 35w (as mentiond above) so will simply wire ina connection for the relay to these and take the load power fro mthe battery tap direct. Removing the need for expensinve can ballalst and also over loading the loom. WIn WIN
Be a bit careful here, maybe different on your lci but pre lci have 2 modes , DRL is full power and when dipped beam is active the DRL/sidelights go half power.

My kit has been on order for 10 days now , suppose to ship between 3&5 days , gee'd up Alex via email 3 days ago to find out why it's not shipped and guess what

Won't be chasing him again , I'm not that desperate and reading other forums it seems that the experience rsmallwo had isn't an isolated incident.
maybe it's best to let this purchase fizzle out. I think a quick call to credit card people to refuse the transaction is in order.

Shame really but customer service counts big in my book. If you can't give it you don't get it , simple.

What other products are out there that can rival this kit ?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #27
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My kit has been on order for 10 days now , suppose to ship between 3&5 days , gee'd up Alex via email 3 days ago to find out why it's not shipped and guess what

Won't be chasing him again , I'm not that desperate and reading other forums it seems that the experience rsmallwo had isn't an isolated incident.
maybe it's best to let this purchase fizzle out. I think a quick call to credit card people to refuse the transaction is in order.

Shame really but customer service counts big in my book. If you can't give it you don't get it , simple.

What other products are out there that can rival this kit ?
Sorry to hear mate!

Hopefully you get it soon....

I received the LEDs the other day and I must say.... for £70, they hit the spot. In bright sun daylight, they're not as strong as HIDs. However so, they're a lot brighter than any other LEDs I have used.

I normally park infront of my window and I can clearly see both rings, nice and white! In comparison with my old LED ones, these are visibly brighter and on the road if you are infront of my car, they are impressive.

I ordered 5 of them direct from factory and will be selling whatever I have left in the classified section soon! Ill post up pics as soon as possible!
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #28
Dziqsek_
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: e91 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SH View Post
Sorry to hear mate!

I received the LEDs the other day and I must say.... for £70, they hit the spot. In bright sun daylight, they're not as strong as HIDs. However so, they're a lot brighter than any other LEDs I have used.

I normally park infront of my window and I can clearly see both rings, nice and white! In comparison with my old LED ones, these are visibly brighter and on the road if you are infront of my car, they are impressive.

I ordered 5 of them direct from factory and will be selling whatever I have left in the classified section soon! Ill post up pics as soon as possible!
Waiting for pics, i got bms and they are not what i was expecting
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #29
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

its a real shame the LCI xenons dont have hte same system as e92 it would give such better results. Looking on ebay you can buy a xenon loom for about £25 whcih would do the same job as the loom from alex. Only thing I dont know is what type of resistors to get to plug into the two stock OEM pluygs to avoid bulb warnings

any ideas anyone.
      05-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #30
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep

This Alex fella must be on another of his many holidays , Piss poor in my book.

My credit card transaction was approved but the "merchant" never claimed it.. and since 7 days has passed my credit card automatically cancels the transaction.

Oh well , his loss is someone else's gain
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #31
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by *******_ View Post
Waiting for pics, i got bms and they are not what i was expecting
I assume they are

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #32
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

These ordering problems is the one thing making me think twice ordering from US. DOne some reasearch and seems there is another way for HID rings.

You could really just get a standard non can bus HID Kit with H8 bulbs from ebay such as this. one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XENON-HID-...item3f0e38da84

Then get a loom so to power the kit from the battery instead of the headlight plugs.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xenon-HID-...item3cc1f50527

only difference is you wouldnt plug in the relay feed into the main beam plug but into the ring bulbs plug.

The rings would then turn on drawing operational current via the main power feed and only use the OEM loom for the relay trip. Problem is it would give you bulb failures unless you got the load resistors. But for life of me I cant find anywhere what these should be.

Doing it this way you are only looking £60 plus resistors to do the same.

Any ideas anyone about the resistors values,

Found these but are rated at 50W

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H8-H11-Tur...item1e6e2f195d
      05-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #33
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
These ordering problems is the one thing making me think twice ordering from US. DOne some reasearch and seems there is another way for HID rings.

You could really just get a standard non can bus HID Kit with H8 bulbs from ebay such as this. one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XENON-HID-...item3f0e38da84

Then get a loom so to power the kit from the battery instead of the headlight plugs.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xenon-HID-...item3cc1f50527

only difference is you wouldnt plug in the relay feed into the main beam plug but into the ring bulbs plug.

The rings would then turn on drawing operational current via the main power feed and only use the OEM loom for the relay trip. Problem is it would give you bulb failures unless you got the load resistors. But for life of me I cant find anywhere what these should be.

Doing it this way you are only looking £60 plus resistors to do the same.

Any ideas anyone about the resistors values,

Found these but are rated at 50W

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H8-H11-Tur...item1e6e2f195d
According to ohms law .. to replicate 55w , you need 12v and 2.6 ohms which is going to be a bit of a fat old resistor drawing 4.5 amps or thereabouts
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #34
rG-tom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY2021 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SH View Post
Sorry to hear mate!

Where in manchester are you mate? would be interested in having a look at these!! can also take a decent photo I have GP thunder 7500K so it'd be a good comparison

Tom.
Previous: 2002 E46 330i M-Sport (m54b30 LCI), 2007 E92 335D M-Sport Coupe (m57), 2003 z4 3.0i (m54b30), 2010 E92 325D M-Sport Coupe (n57 LCI), 2019 F36 430i M-Sport Pro Gran Coupe, 2018 F36 440i M-Sport Pro Gran Coupe MPPSK
Current: MY2021 M550i, Aventurin Red, Ivory Nappa, Comfort Pack, Tech+
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #35
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I assume they are
Im dont think theyre the BMS ones but they look pretty much the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rG-tom View Post
Where in manchester are you mate? would be interested in having a look at these!! can also take a decent photo I have GP thunder 7500K so it'd be a good comparison

Tom.
Tom! Im in Stafford right now then Birmingham over the weekend! I'll PM you when im next up the M6! It'd be good to compare them!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #36
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

if you need 2.6Ohms for 55w and the bulbs only run at or less than 35w then it shoudl be even less right wheres my electrnoics books frolm college
      05-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #37
trinijay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92

I have recently purchase his the alpine kit and very happy with the results
I am in the croydon area if you wish to see.

Will take some pics over the weekend - if it does not rain

I had no probs with dealing with alex I even phone him a few times and he answered my questions

PS I can code if any one needs any thing done

Last edited by trinijay; 05-18-2012 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #38
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinijay View Post

I had no probs with dealing with alex I even phone him a few times and he answered

Went with the bms 4 led from juiced up , 4 emails , transaction completed and tracking info all done in less than 2 hours .. That people is whats called service
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #39
1sh@Crystalwhite
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Hey guys! For those interested in the LED's, I have them up for sale now!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=693717

Sorry for the delay! Had a hectic week on call!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #40
trinijay
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

I had no probs with dealing with alex I even phone him a few times and he answered my questions

PS I can code if any one needs any thing done

Pictures

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 04:58 AM   #41
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

These look good can you take couple of pictures during the evening / dusk is there a lot of glare when at night
      06-26-2012, 04:14 AM   #42
trinijay
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
These look good can you take couple of pictures during the evening / dusk is there a lot of glare when at night
if your ever in the croydon or crystal palace your welcome to view it .. best to see these your self

pics don't due justice
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 04:20 AM   #43
parrp
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3er

Quote:
if your ever in the croydon or crystal palace your welcome to view it .. best to see these your self

pics don't due justice
Which kit did you buy from Alpline?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 05:01 AM   #44
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

This is probably a stupid question but what is the point of these kits? I have a pre-lci 335i with xenons which are more than good enough for illumination at night so what would one of these kits give over and above the standard xenons? The xenons already have the two rings\angel eye look so perhaps I am missing something here?

Is this purely an aesthetic thing or is it a replacement for people who don't have xenons? If so it seems that people are going through an awful lot of trouble\issues, just to get these??
Appreciate 0