E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Intake Valve Cleaning (GTA)

08-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Bimmer.335i.
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW335i  [0.00]
Intake Valve Cleaning (GTA)

Anyone know a good place that does intake valve cleaning in the Mississauga/GTA area for a good price?
      08-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer.335i. View Post
Anyone know a good place that does intake valve cleaning in the Mississauga/GTA area for a good price?
Ivo@ Columbus Auto

Here is his info. +1 (416) 882-1439
6741 columbus rd unit 11 back entrance. Turn east on midway from dixie then second right at columbus. Its the third building on the right.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
Bimmer.335i.
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Ivo@ Columbus Auto

Here is his info. +1 (416) 882-1439
6741 columbus rd unit 11 back entrance. Turn east on midway from dixie then second right at columbus. Its the third building on the right.
i have heard negative things about this place
      08-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
There are always two sides to a story, besides it does not hurt to call him and find out for yourself.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
alexx03
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I

Quote:
what are these negative things?

I have been searching for a place to do this and even made a thread and everyone it seems that Ivo/columbus is being recommended.
PM me if you dont feel like posting the negatives but please let me know
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
Bimmer.335i.
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexx03 View Post
what are these negative things?

I have been searching for a place to do this and even made a thread and everyone it seems that Ivo/columbus is being recommended.
PM me if you dont feel like posting the negatives but please let me know
i read up on another thread about this shop. It was only one person who said it wasnt good. Everyone else said it was amazing. I thpught it was a negative thread as i read it a long time ago. Im going to give them a call tomorrow and get a quote.
      08-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #7
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
I too would like to hear these
negative things if you don't mind. To put it into perspective, here is a recent experience of mine with Ivo. (keep in mind I have been going to him often and I feel we have established a good business relationship, I'd say almost friendship)

Had my FMIC installed last week. The first of the group of a custom FMIC that had a 10 unit runoff. Picked up the car this past Saturday expecting to go to Cayuga Sunday morning. Car drove strong and well, but was getting a lot of boost leaks for some reasons (randomly); sent him a txt the same night, however no answer. The next morning the FMIC piping somehow slipped off on the chargepipe side to the point where under heavy boost is slipped off and was loose causing boost leaks any time I put the pedal down.

At this point I'm furious because I was suppose to go to Cayuga and I just got the car back. I sent him another txt in the morning meanwhile my brother and I lifted the car, scrummages up whatever tools we had and adjusted the piping and forced it too fit. I wasn't happy to do it this way, but I wasn't going to let it ruin my day and it seemed to hold up. In between this struggle, Ivo apologized for not getting back to me right away (phone died) and immediately made plans to come meet me at my place. Within 20 mins he showed up, had a look and again readjusted everything and was super apologetic because he after all didn't expect this to happen himself. All in all he took his personal time to aid me in my time of crisis, even let me borrow some tools to repair/adjust the piping should it come loose at the track and said come by whenever you can and we'll come up with a permanent fix.

Long story short sometimes shit happens. It's what people do with those experiences that matters. I've made a friend and have a permanent mechanic. Plus 1,000,000 for Ivo.

I can say with all certainty I know very few mechanics who would do anything like this. He took responsibility for what happened, immediately came to aid and maintained our business relationship with what I call, some of the best customer service.

And last but not least, you can't beat his genuine concern & knowledge of our cars, reasonable pricing and customer service. That's that; hands down great guy and great mechanic!

Nelio
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #8
Bimmer.335i.
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra99 View Post
I too would like to hear these
negative things if you don't mind. To put it into perspective, here is a recent experience of mine with Ivo. (keep in mind I have been going to him often and I feel we have established a good business relationship, I'd say almost friendship)

Had my FMIC installed last week. The first of the group of a custom FMIC that had a 10 unit runoff. Picked up the car this past Saturday expecting to go to Cayuga Sunday morning. Car drove strong and well, but was getting a lot of boost leaks for some reasons (randomly); sent him a txt the same night, however no answer. The next morning the FMIC piping somehow slipped off on the chargepipe side to the point where under heavy boost is slipped off and was loose causing boost leaks any time I put the pedal down.

At this point I'm furious because I was suppose to go to Cayuga and I just got the car back. I sent him another txt in the morning meanwhile my brother and I lifted the car, scrummages up whatever tools we had and adjusted the piping and forced it too fit. I wasn't happy to do it this way, but I wasn't going to let it ruin my day and it seemed to hold up. In between this struggle, Ivo apologized for not getting back to me right away (phone died) and immediately made plans to come meet me at my place. Within 20 mins he showed up, had a look and again readjusted everything and was super apologetic because he after all didn't expect this to happen himself. All in all he took his personal time to aid me in my time of crisis, even let me borrow some tools to repair/adjust the piping should it come loose at the track and said come by whenever you can and we'll come up with a permanent fix.

Long story short sometimes shit happens. It's what people do with those experiences that matters. I've made a friend and have a permanent mechanic. Plus 1,000,000 for Ivo.

I can say with all certainty I know very few mechanics who would do anything like this. He took responsibility for what happened, immediately came to aid and maintained our business relationship with what I call, some of the best customer service.

And last but not least, you can't beat his genuine concern & knowledge of our cars, reasonable pricing and customer service. That's that; hands down great guy and great mechanic!

Nelio
i read a thread a long time ago and i remembered it to be negative, but i went a read it again and only 1 person of many had negative things to say. So i will be contacting Ivo tomorrow or this week for sure
      08-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

There are only two three letter words I know
BMW = IVO
simple
And no I am not his advertising agent lol
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #10
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvtec
There are only two three letter words I know
BMW = IVO
simple
And no I am not his advertising agent lol
Haha I like that

OP,
Sorry for the super long thread
Btw, that last complaint was a troll lol...all I can say. He's a good guy, many members go see him. You'll be pleased how friendly he is.

Hope it all goes well. Don't forget to post your experience later
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
alexx03
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I

glad that got cleared up...thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #12
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Ivo does the work right infront of you and that's a HUGE HUGE plus in my book.

I hate going anywhere and they take your car around back and you have no idea what's going on and you sit there wondering if everything's being done properly or being done the way you would be doing it yourself.

With Ivo you can just sit around and watch everything happening infront of your face. It shows that he's confident in his work and it makes me feel as if he has nothing to hide.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #13
Bimmer.335i.
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW335i  [0.00]
i like what im hearing definately calling him
      08-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Quote:
i like what im hearing definately calling him
cool you won't regret it.

Appreciate 0