E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 325 vs 328. Any power differences?

11-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #45
R608
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i M-Sport (RWD/6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
...a 328/325 is NOT built for straightline speed and when it comes to daily driving (at least in my opinion) 15 hp doesn't make a huge difference in a daily commute...
I think that's probably the kind of reasonable message you might have wanted to post to begin with in order to better address the OP's question. I don't mind people being critical of the 325/328 cars, but over-the-top statements like your original one do bug me a bit, regardless of whether directed toward the model I own or not. They just ruffle feathers and add nothing to the discussion.

Now, contrary to what some seem to be saying, I do disagree that there's no difference to be felt. Having owned my 325i for 2-3 years, I drove two different used 328i examples months apart from each other, and in both cases, though acceleration is not what I was focused on, my attention was drawn to the fact that the cars seemed to pull with a little more urgency as they approached and passed the 3K mark than I was used to with my car. Hp always gets more attention but I suspect the 15 lb-ft or torque might have had more to do with the difference I felt. Or maybe my engine is leaking horses. Who knows...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #46
sy2767
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by R608
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
both are slow as hell so it really doesn't matter, if you're looking for speed you are looking at the wrong cars
I'm sorry, but that's a ridiculous statement. The fact that they may not qualify as truly "fast" according to today's standards doesn't, in and of itself, mean that they are "slow as hell", nor render discussion of enhancing their performance pointless. Perhaps you need to spend some quality time with an entry-level economy car to recalibrate your internal accelerometer, or at least take a look at the more humble engines available on these cars in places like Europe to see how our base engines in this country compare.
Typical 335 driver, if its not a 335 then it's slow. what do you drive?
Appreciate 0