E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Official SoCal Chat Thread (#11)

Closed Thread

10-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #2091
GSEN820
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
m3 badge?
^^^ too funny......
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #2092
GSEN820
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Are there any legit work from home jobs that anyone knows of? I cant stand being home alone and I'd rather sit at home in the evenings making money than out shopping and spending it
Teach for an online school?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #2093
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Are there any legit work from home jobs that anyone knows of? I cant stand being home alone and I'd rather sit at home in the evenings making money than out shopping and spending it
define lagit i guess.

i work from home and it's pretty lagit. i have 15 yrs experience in my field though and it's not something just anyone can jump into over night.

you can try getting into the odesk or elance market but i think ppl bid too low so it might be pretty competitive if you don't have history. i haven't hired on there for several years though so i'm not sure anymore.

i know ppl that have taken on billing and coding but i'm not sure if they're happy. there's also a lotta scam schools, certs and spam from that industry. i personally know nothing else about it. my wife looked into that a very long time ago so i can ask her.

other than that, work from home is a huge scam market so be careful what info you give and to whom. they pray on ppl wanting to live "the dream" and parents that wanna be home with the kids.
      10-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #2094
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
define lagit i guess.

i work from home and it's pretty lagit. i have 15 yrs experience in my field though and it's not something just anyone can jump into over night.

you can try getting into the odesk or elance market but i think ppl bid too low so it might be pretty competitive if you don't have history. i haven't hired on there for several years though so i'm not sure anymore.

i know ppl that have taken on billing and coding but i'm not sure if they're happy. there's also a lotta scam schools, certs and spam from that industry. i personally know nothing else about it. my wife looked into that a very long time ago so i can ask her.

other than that, work from home is a huge scam market so be careful what info you give and to whom. they pray on ppl wanting to live "the dream" and parents that wanna be home with the kids.
I want some "busy work" I suppose is what Im looking for. I find myself going to bed at 830 every night! Those 11 hours I spend sleeping each night I want to make money. Even if its only like $1500 a month. Just need some busy work. I get home at 5:10 every day only to watch TV or chit chat with my girl friends about their BF drama and Im too old for that. My s/o works but hes a sales manager so he doesnt get home until 12pm almost every night. I just sit at home...absolutely bored and wanting to work. I got a night part time job but I dont feel safe walking to my car as a woman by herself late at night. So that's why something I could do from home would be best. I tried looking online but the only thing Im coming across wants me to spend $200 on a get started kit and to me that throws up a red flag
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #2095
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
LOL of course jon has to chime in, he always has something to say

i'm going to guessssss a front lip of some sort?
haha sup Jon lol close, not really, but nice guess hahaha do m3 guys usually get let lips?

hey for the meet what if we came out a bit more?? any place you have in mind?

my next mod is going to be a DIY BMW M Performance Steering Wheel - Blue Stripe with alcantara trim and eAs extended "short throw" paddles

pretty excited

Quote:
soooo what is it?!! mr suspense over here... or does jon have to throw his best guess first lol
lol and you must be mr knee slapper

no i took a nap so i couldn't reply haha

my next mod is going to be a DIY BMW M Performance Steering Wheel - Blue Stripe with alcantara trim and eAs extended "short throw" paddles
      10-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #2096
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
haha sup Jon lol close, not really, but nice guess hahaha do m3 guys usually get let lips?

pretty excited

oh that is awesome! i like the m-sport steering wheel but the performance wheel is so dope.

what do you mean by DIY? do you know someone or are you doing it? i never really thought abt diy.
      10-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #2097
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
oh that is awesome! i like the m-sport steering wheel but the performance wheel is so dope.

what do you mean by DIY? do you know someone or are you doing it? i never really thought abt diy.
yeah i wanted to go for a more personalized "feel" and i did see this other wheel auto carbon

i'm still deciding but i think i cant go wrong with alcantara, right?? and its OEM

and yes

DIY, theres about 5-7 threads alone for the DIY and i rather always work on the car myself, unless its engine related/tune

i chose this instead of a arkym lip because my driveway doesn't like low cars

and i will always be seeing and feeling my investment rather than have others look at and have it for their admiration haha. maybe later down the line.

can't wait to finalize things!

and you never posted pictures of your "rare" (rear) spoiler!
      10-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #2098
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
oh that is awesome! .
BTW we switched the location to duke's malibu, its a bit closer to you and for us as well.

links are all updated in the post
      10-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #2099
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
yeah i wanted to go for a more personalized "feel" and i did see this other wheel auto carbon

i'm still deciding but i think i cant go wrong with alcantara, right?? and its OEM

and yes

DIY, theres about 5-7 threads alone for the DIY and i rather always work on the car myself, unless its engine related/tune

and i will always be seeing and feeling my investment rather than have others look at and have it for their admiration haha. maybe later down the line.

you have to do alcantra imo. i can do with or without carbon fiber.

personally, i only like functional cf. obviously that's not always the popular vote around here though. lol

this is what i was thinking about getting (with paddles) but now with your announcement update i will wait:

i was just scared about jacking up the stitching or something. i've also read about ppls sweaty hands messing it up but other ppl have said that's not true unless you sweat a LOT.

i won't likely do short throw paddles but that'll be an awesome touch.

Quote:
BTW we switched the location to duke's malibu, its a bit closer to you and for us as well.

looks cool, it's still over an hour one way but i've never been to that area so it might be fun to explore. i'll see if the wife wants to go or not.

Quote:
funny you ask because i just posted this in another thread... how rare is this bad boy ()? i'll take better pics some day.
Attached Images

10-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #2100
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron
Quote:

and yes

personally, i only like functional cf. obviously that's not always the popular vote around here though. lol

this is what i was thinking about getting (with paddles) but now with your announcement update i will wait:

i was just scared about jacking up the stitching or something. i've also read about ppls sweaty hands messing it up but other ppl have said that's not true unless you sweat a LOT.

Quote:

looks cool, it's still over an hour one way but i've never been to that area so it might be fun to explore. i'll see if the wife wants to go or not.

Quote:
funny you ask because i just posted this in another thread... how rare is this bad boy ()? i'll take better pics some day.
Yeahhh that steering wheel looks awesome!! Such a nice touch for the interior

Yeah the M3 guys use driving gloves to try and avoid the matting

And thanks for the new wallpaper ill be using

Ur car is my favorite 5 series now
      10-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #2101
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeahhh that steering wheel looks awesome!! Such a nice touch for the interior

Yeah the M3 guys use driving gloves to try and avoid the matting

And thanks for the new wallpaper ill be using

Ur car is my favorite 5 series now
i would feel weird wearing gloves every time i drove. i wonder what the life is and if there's been bad experience or if it's more ppl being paranoid. i'm going to look into this now.

thanks, that's a huge complement! i'm going for a clean but strong look if that makes any sense.
      10-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #2102
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Very nice 550i. That car is a beast. Do you have a tune for it?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #2103
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
Very nice 550i. That car is a beast. Do you have a tune for it?
thank you.

not yet. i'm not a fan of dinan so i was going to grab jb stage 1 beta because i thought there wasn't much else available. now someone recently started talking about racechip.
racechip cost a little more but claims better results but i can't go by butt dyno and feels so i want real numbers.
      10-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #2104
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Why don't you like Dinan? Their tune will probably be the smoothest of all available options. If you don't plan on any other mods, Dinan seems like a good option.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #2105
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Why don't you like Dinan? Their tune will probably be the smoothest of all available options. If you don't plan on any other mods, Dinan seems like a good option.
i think they're a scam. too many phantom tunes and grossly overpriced. of course, just my opinion. there's enough tune wars on here already so i don't mean to offend anyone that decided dinan was the best choice.

i look at it like this, the more good tunes that are out there the better. if the market is competitive it works out better for the consumer which is us. i will support other tunes until dinan checks itself and puts their prices in order and treats people better. again, not to offend.

Last edited by gtron; 10-02-2013 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #2106
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i think they're a scam. too many phantom tunes and grossly overpriced. of course, just my opinion. there's enough tune wars on here already so i don't mean to offend anyone that decided dinan was the best choice.

i look like it like this, the more good tunes that are out there the better. if the market is competitive it works out better for the consumer which is us. i will support other tunes until dinan checks itself and puts their prices in order and treats people better. again, not to offend.
I think most people feel the same way. I used to, but I've since changed my mind. I think Dinan is for the "set it and forget it" kind of people. If you like to mess around with maps, Dinan is not for you. Compared to other tuning companies, Dinan is much more expensive, but I am willing to bet that they put much more R&D into their stuff than anybody else. To me, Dinan is on par (and the American version) of companies like ACS, Hartge, Kelleners, ESS, etc... A Dinan tune is not as powerful as something from BMS or any of the other popular tunes on this board, but I bet it is the safest. For some people, that matters more.

FWIW, I've gone through 3 tunes on my car (JB4, Cobb, OFT). I thought that the JB4 had the best features (steering wheel controls), Cobb had the cleanest intergration (loved the AP, its features and how easy it was to install/uninstall), and the OFT has the best maps (OTS maps, anyway). All tunes have their pros and cons. It's just a matter of preference.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #2107
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Quote:
I want some "busy work" I suppose is what Im looking for. I find myself going to bed at 830 every night! Those 11 hours I spend sleeping each night I want to make money. Even if its only like $1500 a month. Just need some busy work. I get home at 5:10 every day only to watch TV or chit chat with my girl friends about their BF drama and Im too old for that. My s/o works but hes a sales manager so he doesnt get home until 12pm almost every night. I just sit at home...absolutely bored and wanting to work. I got a night part time job but I dont feel safe walking to my car as a woman by herself late at night. So that's why something I could do from home would be best. I tried looking online but the only thing Im coming across wants me to spend $200 on a get started kit and to me that throws up a red flag
11 hours of sleep?! I would kill for that. 12AM right? I guess you don't get focus groups that often? Easy money. But have you thought about mystery shopping? Doesn't pay that much but it will keep you busy and it's something that you do anyways like going to a restaurant, watching a movie, grocery shopping.... And since it will keep you busy you won't have time to go shopping for extra stuff.
      10-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #2108
YMB_F80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheres My Key? View Post
This may have been asked a few times, but any suggested places in the Glendale, Pasadena, Alhambra, or Los Angeles area where I can get my kidney grilles and window trim wrapped in black? Thanks in advance!
theres quite a few places that offer this, theres LTMW, DTMautobody and Impressive Wrap in the Pasadena/Alhambra area.

Instagram: YMB_F80
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #2109
YMB_F80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
BTW!! anyone going to this??
https://www.facebook.com/events/156108781260983/
contemplating if i should go or not right now..

Instagram: YMB_F80
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #2110
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think most people feel the same way. I used to, but I've since changed my mind. I think Dinan is for the "set it and forget it" kind of people. If you like to mess around with maps, Dinan is not for you. Compared to other tuning companies, Dinan is much more expensive, but I am willing to bet that they put much more R&D into their stuff than anybody else. To me, Dinan is on par (and the American version) of companies like ACS, Hartge, Kelleners, ESS, etc... A Dinan tune is not as powerful as something from BMS or any of the other popular tunes on this board, but I bet it is the safest. For some people, that matters more.

FWIW, I've gone through 3 tunes on my car (JB4, Cobb, OFT). I thought that the JB4 had the best features (steering wheel controls), Cobb had the cleanest intergration (loved the AP, its features and how easy it was to install/uninstall), and the OFT has the best maps (OTS maps, anyway). All tunes have their pros and cons. It's just a matter of preference.
good post. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sono0b View Post
i'll go if i can wake up that early. i tried to make cars and coffee last week but failed.
      10-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #2111
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

I've been spending a lot of time over at cla forums.. I feel like a traitor to u guys :X
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #2112
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:

pretty excited

nice! I definitely need a new steering wheel, I hate mine right now needs more cushion! a lot of my friends with e9x m3s get lips as their first mod so that's why I guessed haha

Quote:

hey I know where that lot is.. I get my dollar cones from that burger king

Quote:
Originally Posted by sono0b View Post
damn I would but too far, I hate driving
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread