E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > E92 steering clunk

02-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

E92 steering clunk

Hi guys,

Just wonder have u guys had this problem before?

Everytime when i park the car, the steering will have a clunk sound and i could feel it on the steering. It mainly happens when i park the car turning the steering at low speed left to right or right to left.

I am sending to bmw northshore to get it checked out...my guess is the steering rack,joint or evn the collumn is either worn or something is seriously not right. Its a 335i e92 08 model.

I hope its covered under warranty as I only have premium selection. Ive got dci and jb4 should I removed them before sending it in ? Im sending it in next wednesday.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #2
sazar
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 2009 325i

change the Guide Support , the two rubbers connected to your shock absorbers.you can see them when you open the hood on both sides.
i recently changed them and noise was gone on reverse when turning left or right.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #3
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazar View Post
change the Guide Support , the two rubbers connected to your shock absorbers.you can see them when you open the hood on both sides.
i recently changed them and noise was gone on reverse when turning left or right.
Thx...is there a pic you could show me ? I can look at it my self ? Plus how much it cost you to change them ?
Appreciate 0