E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Question about camber and alignment

10-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
07bmw335iguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan

Question about camber and alignment

Hey guys bought some lower off set wheels and having some rubbing issues. Going to try maxing out the camber in the rear then removing the alignment pin up front. Question is after I do this I need to take it to an alignment shop correct? Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07bmw335iguy View Post
Hey guys bought some lower off set wheels and having some rubbing issues. Going to try maxing out the camber in the rear then removing the alignment pin up front. Question is after I do this I need to take it to an alignment shop correct? Thanks guys
Yup.

Better yet, let the alignment shop do it.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's & Porsche's

Quote:

Where is it rubbing, specifically? I'm guessing with a low offset it's rubbing on the fender. What is your wheel/tires setup? Are your fenders rolled? Remember when you add negative camber you will increase your toe out. Unless you have camber plates you may not have enough variance to get it to stop rubbing on the fender.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
07bmw335iguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Kline Racing View Post
Where is it rubbing, specifically? I'm guessing with a low offset it's rubbing on the fender. What is your wheel/tires setup? Are your fenders rolled? Remember when you add negative camber you will increase your toe out. Unless you have camber plates you may not have enough variance to get it to stop rubbing on the fender.
I bought some iforged 20" sprints made for a 5 series. 20x9 in front w/ a 245 30 tire and 20x10 285 25 tire in the rear. Not sure what the offsets are since iforged wont release them. I rolled the rear fenders and now it only rubs on hard bumps so I'm hoping with some more camber I'll be alright
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's & Porsche's

Quote:
I bought some iforged 20" sprints made for a 5 series. 20x9 in front w/ a 245 30 tire and 20x10 285 25 tire in the rear. Not sure what the offsets are since iforged wont release them. I rolled the rear fenders and now it only rubs on hard bumps so I'm hoping with some more camber I'll be alright
Where exactly is it rubbing? front of fender, middle, rear, etc. It sounds like your wheel/tires set-up is too big for the stock suspension (assuming that's what you have).
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
07bmw335iguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Kline Racing View Post
Where exactly is it rubbing? front of fender, middle, rear, etc. It sounds like your wheel/tires set-up is too big for the stock suspension (assuming that's what you have).
the lip of the fender mostly. Went to adjust the camber and ran into this: My old tires did wear pretty unevenly and havent gotten an alignment since I bought the car. From what I've read the offset washer all the way left is max camber and all the way right is no camber. I guess thats why the offset washer all the way up through me off. Any ideas what to do and yes after I do the camber I plan on taking to get an alignment. I also drilled out front alignment pin today. Just want to see if I max out the camber if they new wheels will fit. If they don't Im going to just take them off put the stockers on then go in for an alignment
Attached Images

Appreciate 0