E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E90 320d not starting

01-30-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
NormanHomes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320D

E90 320d not starting

i have an 05 320D that ive had for 2 and a half years not had any issues with it

The other day i came out of the gym and when i went to start the car it cranked once and then stopped. tried a couple times and it was the same so thought it was just a flat bat

Sat in my car for 10 mins then it started as normal?

Anyway car was fine for a few days then one morning i got in and it was cranking over and over but not firing up? Ended up draining the battery as well so i was double ****ed

Used a mates fault code reader the next day, no fault codes on ecu

Swapped the battery over to a spare battery i had and the car fired up again.

Thought that was that and then went to go out today and now its back to the previous problem where its attempts to crank but then cuts out as if the start is being blocked? None of the lights dim or anything the battery has power, something is cutting power to the starter as soon as it attempts to crank

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
NormanHomes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320D

Went back out to the motor today and tried starting it and it did same thing again. However I pressed it like 7 times in a row and then it started ?

Left it for a few hours again went back and again one crank cuts out. did it a 4 times then it started?

What could this be? relay somewhere? Starter motor starting to fail?
Appreciate 0