E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Aero lip installed....Finally

02-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #23
AdamC
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCI M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero2003 View Post
One of the best things i also did was blacken out the bottom grilles and fit colour coded top grilles.
How did you black out the bottom grills? This is something I want to do but don't know how to go about tackling it, did you remove the girls or spray them in place?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #24
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

Nice idea doing the colour coded grilles certainly plays well with the car !!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #25
Subzero2003
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
That looks spot bollo*k!! Love it!

I've also got my paint guy to do my grilles/aero lip colour coded which'll soon be up. Your LMB looks so damn sweetttttt!!
Thanks - but us SE guys got Montego Blue (which is better than LMB ). The M-Sport skirts also really, really improve the side profile even though they are only subtly different from the SE ones. It's weird that such a small difference, makes such a large difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
How did you black out the bottom grills? This is something I want to do but don't know how to go about tackling it, did you remove the girls or spray them in place?
Spray paint using Plasti-Kote flat/matte black (didn't want them to be too shiny, wanted to keep everything looking OEM as possible - even though flat black was still a bit shiny! I'd hate to see what gloss looks like! :/).

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353504

Used the above method to stop overspray on I/C etc. Worked very well indeed! I took my time about it. I did it in the summer, and put on 3 or 4 coats allowing decent drying time in between each coat (in the summer it didn't take long for stuff to dry!). And now some 7 or 8 months later, after being battered by rain, snow, gritters, pressure washers and god knows how many washes it is intact and showing no sign of peeling off. If it does, i'll just spray it again this summer - now i know what i'm doing, it'll only take an hour or two!

The only alternative is to take off the front bumper and take out the grilles from behind, but this wasn't an option for me. I've also seen people mention that you can remove the centre grille by pushing on the sides to pop the clips off, and i tried this but it wasn't moving and i didn't want to damage it.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #26
e92liv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10

Tempted to get an aero lip, wheres best place to buy? Price?
Appreciate 0