E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > mp3 for SatNavPro owners before Oct 05

01-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Thumbs up mp3 for SatNavPro owners before Oct 05

If your car was built before Oct 05 & you have SatNavPro, the mp3 software update is now available from UK dealers.

To stop them charging you for it, you need to do this:

Print this document.
Take it to your dealer when you're booked in for the update.
Tell them you have contacted BMW UK & the update is part of the warranty, so you DO NOT EXPECT to pay (the p*sstaking) £150 odd for it!

Let them sort it out & you should now have mp3 ability in all drives & wma in the CD changer, if you have it!
Idrive will be faster & you will be able to enter destinations into the nav by voice, if you have voice recognition!

All the best.

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 01-31-2006 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Works a treat Viv! Thanks!
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2006, 10:11 AM   #3
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman999
Works a treat Viv! Thanks!
No problem.
Hope others in the UK with SatNavPro get to read the info also.

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2006, 07:46 AM   #4
N1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M

and AFTER is it solved with or without IPOD aux ? Pleased to join thread hope i could be helpful! Im awaiting my 320d M titanium silver by 20 MARCH.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 05:45 AM   #5
Beefy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 330d Trotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
If your car was built before Oct 05 & you have SatNavPro, the mp3 software update is now available from UK dealers.

To stop them charging you for it, you need to do this:

Print this document.
Take it to your dealer when you're booked in for the update.
Tell them you have contacted BMW UK & the update is part of the warranty, so you DO NOT EXPECT to pay (the p*sstaking) £150 odd for it!

Let them sort it out & you should now have mp3 ability in all drives & wma in the CD changer, if you have it!
Idrive will be faster & you will be able to enter destinations into the nav by voice, if you have voice recognition!

All the best.

Viv
Hi Viv
Mine problem is bit more complicated or in a totally different domain. I am still not so sure so to speak.
The radio station display on the second binocular freezes. I noticed that it will happen when I start the car up after refilling. It will be resumed when I turn off the engine and restart it again.
I don't know whether this is something to do with the piece of update that you mentioned it earlier; mine car is certainly after the Oct 05 production.
Thanks
Beefy
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2006, 07:22 AM   #6
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefy
Hi Viv
Mine problem is bit more complicated or in a totally different domain. I am still not so sure so to speak.
The radio station display on the second binocular freezes. I noticed that it will happen when I start the car up after refilling. It will be resumed when I turn off the engine and restart it again.
I don't know whether this is something to do with the piece of update that you mentioned it earlier; mine car is certainly after the Oct 05 production.
Thanks
Beefy
Hmm....strange.
I've never had that problem.

I'm assuming by 'second binocular, you mean the idrive screen?

You could try carrying out an idrive software reset- hold down both the cd & dvd eject buttons & the radio power button all at the same time. Do this after turning the car on, then turn it off for a few minutes & then turn it back on agan.
Idrive should then reset.

This is a temporary measure, however.

If you carry on having the same problem, let the dealer sort it out.
They will need to identify the software (progman) version your car has installed before updating or re-installing it.

All the best Beefy.

Viv

BTW- sign yourself up to UK2: The Second UK Meet

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2006, 06:23 AM   #7
Beefy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 330d Trotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Hmm....strange.
I've never had that problem.

I'm assuming by 'second binocular, you mean the idrive screen?

You could try carrying out an idrive software reset- hold down both the cd & dvd eject buttons & the radio power button all at the same time. Do this after turning the car on, then turn it off for a few minutes & then turn it back on agan.
Idrive should then reset.

This is a temporary measure, however.

If you carry on having the same problem, let the dealer sort it out.
They will need to identify the software (progman) version your car has installed before updating or re-installing it.

All the best Beefy.

Viv

BTW- sign yourself up to UK2: The Second UK Meet
I’ve tried the software reset few weeks ago as instructed, the problem seems to disappear. I’ve done 3 refuel so far. I guess the problem has been resolved, can’t think of what causing it but sometimes software does funny thing!
Thanks Viv
Regards
Beefy
Appreciate 0