E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Smog Check



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2018, 10:35 PM   #1
Ksalanguit
Registered
United_States
2
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i 2007
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Smog Check

Just bought some catless Downpipes for my 335i, wondering if anyone knows any shops in SoCal that can pass smog for a little extra pay
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2018, 06:55 PM   #2
teoanne2527
Private First Class
3
Rep
113
Posts

Drives: bmw 335i coupe
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sta clarita

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksalanguit View Post
Just bought some catless Downpipes for my 335i, wondering if anyone knows any shops in SoCal that can pass smog for a little extra pay
+1 also wants to know where?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 08:00 PM   #3
WhatDoIPutHere
Private First Class
WhatDoIPutHere's Avatar
5
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

I am also looking for a shop in socal. If I were to put my stock cats back on, would I still have to take off aftermarket FMIC, CP, BOV, etc?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 02:40 AM   #4
WhatDoIPutHere
Private First Class
WhatDoIPutHere's Avatar
5
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

I decided to just bite the bullet and put car back to complete stock instead of paying a shop extra money to pass. If any of you guys need some help putting your car back to stock, I'm willing to help. Free the whole next week due to a late spring break. Also looking for some people to do canyon runs in LA

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 07:54 AM   #5
Elixis
Private
6
Rep
98
Posts

Drives: E90
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatDoIPutHere View Post
I decided to just bite the bullet and put car back to complete stock instead of paying a shop extra money to pass. If any of you guys need some help putting your car back to stock, I'm willing to help. Free the whole next week due to a late spring break. Also looking for some people to do canyon runs in LA

Down for canyon runs! Do you happen to know how to do vacuum lines by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 10:49 PM   #6
WhatDoIPutHere
Private First Class
WhatDoIPutHere's Avatar
5
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksalanguit View Post
Just bought some catless Downpipes for my 335i, wondering if anyone knows any shops in SoCal that can pass smog for a little extra pay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixis View Post
Down for canyon runs! Do you happen to know how to do vacuum lines by any chance?
I'm down! I'm currently in the process of putting my car back to stock for smog, but I should be done in the next few days.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 10:50 PM   #7
WhatDoIPutHere
Private First Class
WhatDoIPutHere's Avatar
5
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixis View Post
Down for canyon runs! Do you happen to know how to do vacuum lines by any chance?
I do not know how to vacuum lines, but there are some DIY online.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2018, 09:06 PM   #8
Curt
Private First Class
5
Rep
108
Posts

Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

I think having DPs on won't pass smog because o2 sensors will not pass readiness checks without a sim, anyone have advice on one?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 12:47 AM   #9
3wis3m3n
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335d
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatDoIPutHere View Post
I decided to just bite the bullet and put car back to complete stock instead of paying a shop extra money to pass. If any of you guys need some help putting your car back to stock, I'm willing to help. Free the whole next week due to a late spring break. Also looking for some people to do canyon runs in LA

I知 down. I mean, my ride probably not as fast as yours and is a M57 diesel but I知 local (Long Beach) and I知 down to see some birds...
I知 not as fast but I知 sure I can keep up..😆

Maybe we can get more to join ? It痴 been a while since I did a run with other fanatics. Should be fun

PM me with more info...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 02:47 AM   #10
WhatDoIPutHere
Private First Class
WhatDoIPutHere's Avatar
5
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wis3m3n View Post
I知 down. I mean, my ride probably not as fast as yours and is a M57 diesel but I知 local (Long Beach) and I知 down to see some birds...
I知 not as fast but I知 sure I can keep up..😆

Maybe we can get more to join ? It痴 been a while since I did a run with other fanatics. Should be fun

PM me with more info...
Honestly I've never gone yet, so I might take it easy Yea it'd be fun to get a bunch of people to go. I'll make a post in a week to invite some others.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 12:31 PM   #11
Beans562
New Member
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 335i SDN
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: LONG BEACH

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt View Post
I think having DPs on won't pass smog because o2 sensors will not pass readiness checks without a sim, anyone have advice on one?
All you need is the dp fix. If your on mhd tune, flash to stage 0.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #12
Curt
Private First Class
5
Rep
108
Posts

Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans562 View Post
All you need is the dp fix. If your on mhd tune, flash to stage 0.
iirc DP fix suppresses the CEL code but doesn't simulate o2 readings for obd2
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 12:28 AM   #13
WhatDoIPutHere
Private First Class
WhatDoIPutHere's Avatar
5
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: 08 335i
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Any update on this? If anyone knows of a smog shop PM me please : also have aftermarket inlets too, so I can't change that back to stock. Or at least I'd rather not
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST