E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Performed my civic duty tonight - Video inside - Lady got charged with Careless

12-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #23
bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
You down with OPP?
LOL! All i kept thinking about every time he said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChase View Post
At that time of hour I wouldn't have done all of that. At most I would have called the police, but following her to her house is too far for me. But good job
yeah this seems like a good way to get yourself hurt in a more urban area... You don't know what he or she has in the car or their state of mind, report the plates and move on..

but i mean if you get payed for this sort of thing, you could make a career out of it in NYC specifically Brooklyn.. Belt Parkway.. past 2AM lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #24
335dM
Major
Rep
Drives: 335d m package

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubzeroVR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoig View Post
it doesn't. i didn't even know it was a lady nor black until a tow truck driver told me.
If she was white you probably wouldn't have said "White Lady" just saying.
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #25
HTran
Pi Epsilon Pi
Rep
Drives: 335

I did the same thing and I reported a drunk driver That was swerving back and forth on the freeway here and so I called it in. Not a single thing happened, the drunk driver was heading the same way I was home, so I witnessed all the close calls that almost occurred for the next 40 miles hoping a chp will intervene after i reported it, but nothing happened. Unbelievable.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #26
bplewis24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2 Comp; Tesla Model3

So, I watched 2:30 of the video, saw nothing out of the ordinary and don't feel like watching the rest. She drove out of her lane once, which I've done before and I've never taken a drink in my life. But, I'll assume she did worse later on in the vid for the sake of argument:

1) Suspecting somebody is drunk, tailing them, calling thing police and getting them hit with a "reckless driving" charge seems like a lot of work without proving what you suspected. Did they say why they didn't charge with DUI/DWI?

2) What's the deal with paying witness money? Is that an incentive program for reporting drunk drivers specifically? That seems like a pretty bad policy if it's just for witnessing in general. It gives incentive to lie on people for cash.
      12-16-2012, 12:58 AM   #27
E90_boostjunky
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I E90 SGM

snitches get stitches... lol im jk. the other day i was behind a school bus and i thought this jerk wasnt about to stop so i had my phone ready. but he did stop.
ps. after watching the video, you must really have no life. should have told OPP that the volvo passing you guys was speeding.

Last edited by E90_boostjunky; 12-16-2012 at 01:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #28
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
You down with OPP?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 03:00 AM   #29
BigFoig
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335is

lol ok guys i removed the description of the driver.

like i said i only found out it was a black lady after it was all over. when i ended the video and walked up to speak with the tow truck guy that pulled over in front of me.

At first i thought it was a male driver.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #30
BigFoig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90_boostjunky View Post
snitches get stitches... lol im jk. the other day i was behind a school bus and i thought this jerk wasnt about to stop so i had my phone ready. but he did stop.
ps. after watching the video, you must really have no life. should have told OPP that the volvo passing you guys was speeding.
Honestly I don't care if someone is speeding. People do it all the time and I ain't gonna waste police time to report a speeding driver. It's not like they will have a laser/radar reading of them going over the speed limit, nor am I trained to confidently say they are traveling at such a speed. Plus they have bigger fish to catch i.e. duis on friday nights

BTW in ontario if you do 20km/hr over the limit on the 400 series highways similar to like i90 interstate in the usa, the police don't mind.

Now if you drink and you can hold your drink and drive like a normal person than I'm ok with that. But if you have a drink and you are all over the road and can't control your vehicle confidently and end up putting others at risk then yes I will have a problem.

Also I finished my party night already and was on my way home, since I had nothing better to do anyways and weekends I get to sleep in I thought I might as well go on a small adventure.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 03:15 AM   #31
Das_Stig
I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it.
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi
Location: Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic...

Quote:
+1 on op = no life.. if they got in an accident another story, but looked like they got home alright.. from what i saw wasnt too bad, and reached ok, seemed to know a little too much about this witness money thing.

it was a lady, some creeper following her, i would try to hide too.

Last edited by Das_Stig; 12-16-2012 at 03:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #32
BigFoig
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das_Stig View Post
+1 on op = no life.. if they got in an accident another story, but looked like they got home alright.. from what i saw wasnt too bad, and reached ok, seemed to know a little too much about this witness money thing.

it was a lady, some creeper following her, i would try to hide too.
Btw witness money was a joke. they literally give you pennies to attend trial.

even the opp officer said your fuel costs would probably be over 40 bucks considering the time you started following, the distance you had to drive to the opp office, the distance you had to drive home that night, the distance that you have to drive to court if it happens, and to drive back home.

Probably gonna cost around $50 bucks in fuel.

He said at most you will probably get back like $15 bucks.

So yea I'm loosing money but that's a small price to pay to get a dui or really shitty driver off our already crowded streets.

Oh and plus I would probably have to take time outta my day to attend that trial, i could be in class or working when they schedule the trial. I'm not getting paid overtime hourly like the cops are to attend trial either.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #33
BigFoig
Banned
Rep

LOL and no i'm not down for OPP.

That's why I bought a new car and not a used car.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #34
summall
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Thank you for making the road safer for us.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #35
MrQuickR1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Maybe it's just me but when I am driving, I am usually going somewhere ( a destination) I really don't have the time to follow people around to see how bad they are driving or if they appear drunk. That is the LEO's job to do. We pay their salary to do this. Why do we need to do their jobs for them too?
I dunno, no offense, I have seen drunk drivers on the road. I pass them and continue going to where I need to go, I don't play superman road snitch, I guess that's the difference when people have responsibilities and a life lol.
One day you will make a mistake, and someone else with no life will be there to dime you out, you will then see how shitty it feels.
If they are piss piss drunk, I can see that to keep them from hurting someone, but a little swaying...big deal
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #36
E90_boostjunky
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I E90 SGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuickR1 View Post
Maybe it's just me but when I am driving, I am usually going somewhere ( a destination) I really don't have the time to follow people around to see how bad they are driving or if they appear drunk. That is the LEO's job to do. We pay their salary to do this. Why do we need to do their jobs for them too?
I dunno, no offense, I have seen drunk drivers on the road. I pass them and continue going to where I need to go, I don't play superman road snitch, I guess that's the difference when people have responsibilities and a life lol.
One day you will make a mistake, and someone else with no life will be there to dime you out, you will then see how shitty it feels.
If they are piss piss drunk, I can see that to keep them from hurting someone, but a little swaying...big deal
+1 on this. karmas gonna be a bigger bit**. and not to mention the lady was driving perfectly fine, she swerved ONCE..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #37
Dc88
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by summall View Post
Thank you for making the road safer for us.
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #38
Eugeinus
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' Audi A6

Upstanding citizen OP, nicely done.
      12-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #39
sunny
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, e90 330i

no wonder people think BMW drivers are assholes.
I would be pissed off too.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #40
sunny
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, e90 330i

no wonder people think BMW drivers are assholes.
I would be pissed off too.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #41
bplewis24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2 Comp; Tesla Model3

Quote:
should have told OPP that the volvo passing you guys was speeding.
Ha, I was thinking the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoig View Post
Btw witness money was a joke. they literally give you pennies to attend trial.

even the opp officer said your fuel costs would probably be over 40 bucks considering the time you started following, the distance you had to drive to the opp office, the distance you had to drive home that night, the distance that you have to drive to court if it happens, and to drive back home.

Probably gonna cost around $50 bucks in fuel.

He said at most you will probably get back like $15 bucks.

So yea I'm loosing money but that's a small price to pay to get a dui or really shitty driver off our already crowded streets.

Oh and plus I would probably have to take time outta my day to attend that trial, i could be in class or working when they schedule the trial. I'm not getting paid overtime hourly like the cops are to attend trial either.
Sounds more like reimbursement costs as opposed to a witness incentive program.
      12-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #42
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWcoupe335ii View Post
Why is it the "black lady"? You could have just said the lady. I'm a little disturbed by that!
Because he was implying that black people are more likely to drive under the influence
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #43
Maaarkk
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92/E63

Garage List
2004 E63 645CI  [0.00]
2007 Bmw E92  [10.00]
lol
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #44
DnA Diesel
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 335d Sport SGrey/Blk/Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuickR1 View Post
...If they are piss piss drunk, I can see that to keep them from hurting someone, but a little swaying...big deal
Really? Because if it's just a little swaying, they'll never lose control and hurt or kill someone else?

I'm glad some people take the time to follow-up on drunk drivers.

For all those whose greatest contribution to this thread were calling the OP a snitch, it's highly likely that your life has never been touched by a drunk driver. Hopefully that remains the case. For those of us whose lives have been affected, I give my thanks again to the OP.

Regards
D.