E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Alarm retrofit kit for MY 2009 3/09+ and 2010 - yes it exists!

11-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #67
Ninpo1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I am interested in installing this as well. My care is a 03/2009. The instructions are ambiguous as to whether I need parts T and U as well. One part of the instructions state that parts T and U are needed only on cars without Comfort Access after 03/2009. Another part of the instructions state that the parts are need only on cars without Comfort Access from 03/2009; therefore, I'm guessing that I need these parts, but I don't know the part numbers.

One post earlier in this thread says that the part number for part T is 61 12 2 163 192. I can't find this part anywhere and I'm not sure if I need part U or what the part number is. I do not have Comfort Access.

Anyone have any information that could help me, please?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #68
zivyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: for enjoyment

Not sure about the PN, but if you have comfort access you're good. If you don't, you most likely need to order the part, plus it will make the install longer because you have to route additional wiring compared to CA equipped cars.

Just did this a few months back, works no problem. The dealer even coded it, though they said they didn't think they could.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #69
Ninpo1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivyn View Post
Not sure about the PN, but if you have comfort access you're good. If you don't, you most likely need to order the part, plus it will make the install longer because you have to route additional wiring compared to CA equipped cars.

Just did this a few months back, works no problem. The dealer even coded it, though they said they didn't think they could.
I don't have Comfort Access. Did you perform the install? Where did you get the retrofit kit?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #70
Ninpo1
Private First Class
Rep

Has anyone installed the alarm retrofit kit in a non-prewired car that does not have Comfort Access?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #71
zivyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: for enjoyment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninpo1 View Post
I don't have Comfort Access. Did you perform the install? Where did you get the retrofit kit?
I do have Comfort Access, might want to check back in the thread and see if anyone has done it without. Since it's in the instructions, I'm sure it's possible; just adds expense/time.

I purchased from http://www.schmiedmann.com/

I never got around to installing it, but happened to go out of town for a week and had the dealer finish running it to the driver rear wheel (alarm location) and do coding since I didn't need the car and it was there for service anyways.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #72
masq
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 535

what was the part number at schmiedmann.com? can't find 65120399635

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #73
GearRex
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, E46 ZHP, 991.2 Cabrio

Try here:

http://euroactiveparts.com/bmw-genui...stem-retrofit/
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #74
masq
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93_Rzr View Post
very cool. it looks like they have them, but under part number 65122167738.

Did the part number change? Original P/N in this thread was 65120399635.

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #75
Ninpo1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by masq
Quote:
Originally Posted by E93_Rzr View Post
very cool. it looks like they have them, but under part number 65122167738.

Did the part number change? Original P/N in this thread was 65120399635.

Thanks guys
Yes, the part number did change and that's the correct part number. The old part number is no longer made.

Anyone do this without comfort access?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #76
masq
Private
Rep

I ran in to a bit of a snag with the install. For the portion where you have to wire the 7.5 amp power wire to the main junction fuse box behind the glove box, BMW instructs the wire to be placed in pin #3 of the RT 10 pin harness. Unfortunately, the diagram in the installation manual and what's on the actual junction box is slightly different. The harness that the diagram points to actually has a 6 pin black harness with a single heavy gauge power wire (with a 40 amp fuse), and the 10 pin RT harness (actually a violet harness) is right below it. However, the harness connector pin attached to the retrofit wire is actually too large to fit in to this particular harness.

How did you guys approach this issue? Did you just pin it to the other 10 pin harness with another connector?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #77
srcstc
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by masq View Post
I ran in to a bit of a snag with the install. For the portion where you have to wire the 7.5 amp power wire to the main junction fuse box behind the glove box, BMW instructs the wire to be placed in pin #3 of the RT 10 pin harness. Unfortunately, the diagram in the installation manual and what's on the actual junction box is slightly different. The harness that the diagram points to actually has a 6 pin black harness with a single heavy gauge power wire (with a 40 amp fuse), and the 10 pin RT harness (actually a violet harness) is right below it. However, the harness connector pin attached to the retrofit wire is actually too large to fit in to this particular harness.

How did you guys approach this issue? Did you just pin it to the other 10 pin harness with another connector?

Thanks

I believe the instructions are different depending on when your car was built. Try finding different instructions for your car. when was your car built?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #78
masq
Private
Rep

2011 e92
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #79
masq
Private
Rep

okay, I'm losing hope. Aside from the fuse tap location being different, apparently the K-CAN-High and K-CAN-Low pick-up wires on the X14271 plugs are different on my 2011.

In the installation guide, I'm supposed to put some wires in to to pin 46, and pin 10 with corresponding wire colors. these wire colors do not correspond with what I see on my car.

Would anyone happen to have wiring pin out diagrams for this fuse junction box? I think I'm going to have to do further research to make this work.

... and I don't even want to think about the problems I may have when trying to code this thing to my car.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #80
masq
Private
Rep

crap... found that diagram. even the diagram calls for pin 10 and pin 46.

is there a separate wiring diagram for the M3 or something?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf WDS Wiring Diagram System.pdf (108.5 KB, 960 views)
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #81
Ninpo1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by masq View Post
crap... found that diagram. even the diagram calls for pin 10 and pin 46.

is there a separate wiring diagram for the M3 or something?
Any success on this? I'll be trying this very soon as well.

Has anyone installed this in a non-Comfort Access car with a post 03/2009 build date (no alarm pre-wiring)?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #82
masq
Private
Rep

Quote:

Has anyone installed this in a non-Comfort Access car with a post 03/2009 build date (no alarm pre-wiring)?
I tried reaching out to ECS, but no response. I'm not sure how to move forward at this point, without finding where the K-CAN connections are. If anyone has access to the electrical diagrams for the 2011+ models, I'd be extremely grateful.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #83
Ninpo1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by masq
Quote:

I tried reaching out to ECS, but no response. I'm not sure how to move forward at this point, without finding where the K-CAN connections are. If anyone has access to the electrical diagrams for the 2011+ models, I'd be extremely grateful.
Are the K-CAN connections different locations in different model years?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #84
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

I was gonna try this but seems like it could turn into a headache and I'm usually good at dyi these installs

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #85
smccallie
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D

Non Prewire retrofit on 2011 335D

Thank you to all who have contributed notes on this install! I finished today and it works great. I do have to say it was a HUGE PITA!

The instructions on more than one occasion show the wrong wire cluster to add wires to. The secret is to read the color description and pin count instead of looking at the picture. For instance, if it says red 10 pin but the picture points to a black 6 pin, you should add the wires to the closest red 10 pin.

The second biggest hurdle is removing the fuse box. The screws are next to impossible to get to. I can't really offer advice here, just keep working it until by some miracle, you get it removed.

If you don't have fold down seats in the back, you will need to take the seats out to install the wire that goes into the wheel well and the ground. This isn't hard but you will need to read the forums to figure out how to remove them.

Also of note, I do not have Comfort Access, so I bought the wire that goes to the door. When I exposed the plugs that I was supposed to attach the wires to, I found that they were already there, so I didn't need the new ones.

I added the $302 option is NCSexpert and recoded the car and it all works perfectly.

Hope these notes help someone.

Last edited by smccallie; 06-09-2014 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #86
Johnnnnny
BimmmmerBoy
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by smccallie View Post
Thank you to all who have contributed notes on this install! I finished today and it works great. I do have to say it was a HUGE PITA!

The instructions on more than one occasion show the wrong wire cluster to add wires to. The secret is to read the color description and pin count instead of looking at the picture. For instance, if it says red 10 pin but the picture points to a black 6 pin, you should add the wires to the closest red 10 pin.

The second biggest hurdle is removing the fuse box. The screws are next to impossible to get to. I can't really offer advice here, just keep working it until by some miracle, you get it removed.

If you don't have fold down seats in the back, you will need to take the seats out to install the wire that goes into the wheel well and the ground. This isn't hard but you will need to read the forums to figure out how to remove them.

Also of note, I do not have Comfort Access, so I bought the wire that goes to the door. When I exposed the plugs that I was supposed to attach the wires to, I found that they were already there, so I didn't need the new ones.

I added the $302 option is NCSexpert and recoded the car and it all works perfectly.

Can someone help me and tell me where I can find the part!?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #87
Wongway
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

Thanks for this. I was actually debating about whether or not I wanted to get something like this, or try for an aftermarket Viper type product...
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #88
allerena
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smccallie View Post

Congrats on your retrofit. I would just like to ask you what is your car prod date. or if you would be kind enough post your VO/FA. thank you!