E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > ****335i N54 general questions**** tune, exhaust, fault codes, etc thread

Closed Thread

06-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #793
bryce
Banned
Rep
Drives: zhp 3-pedal

Garage List
My bad, I thought you had an e90. Yep, you already have an xpipe, no resonator. Just delete secondary cats and do the golf tee mod (unplug solenoid). Will sound excellent.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #794
xxnick305
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce
My bad, I thought you had an e90. Yep, you already have an xpipe, no resonator. Just delete secondary cats and do the golf tee mod (unplug solenoid). Will sound excellent.
Do you think I would need resonators if I was to also get catless dp's.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #795
nafoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Boosted Bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
H pipe
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #796
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafoo
Quote:
H pipe
What? He has an h-pipe, or he should get one? I'm almost positive the e92 has an x-pipe; I've seen one off the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #797
nikitino25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

procede questions

I'm thinking about scoring a procede and had a couple questions. In their user manual it says to read DME codes, push gas pedal to the floor and release and then the codes will be displayed on the procede data log screen under CAN DME codes. Where is the data log screen? Does this mean you need to have a laptop hooked up and the codes come up in procede the program or something? Let's say my car throws a DME code for the fuel pump; IF I have the procede chip in the car, will the code show up in the dash like normal (like stock with no chip) ? Then I plug in the laptop and can download what the code is for in the procede program? Also, are there only two performance maps, map 1 and map 2? Are there no levels within the maps like cobb has such as drive, sport, aggressive etc?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #798
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitino25 View Post
Where is the data log screen? Does this mean you need to have a laptop hooked up and the codes come up in procede the program or something? Let's say my car throws a DME code for the fuel pump; IF I have the procede chip in the car, will the code show up in the dash like normal (like stock with no chip) ? Then I plug in the laptop and can download what the code is for in the procede program?
the codes will show up next to the CAN DME codes list on the upper right-hand corner of the screen. You open up the user software on your laptop, connect to the PROcede, then push the accelerator down and yes you will see the codes displayed. it will scroll through them, showing for a second or two at a time.

Without an aftermarket tune (not a chip, LOL) you will not be able to read the codes. Codes do not come up on your dash, only symbols do. In the absence of using an aftermarket tune to read the codes you'd need an OBD scanning tool. The PROcede will just give you the five digit code, it will not tell you what it means. That's what the DME code list on the Vishnu site and this forum is for!!!
      06-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #799
nikitino25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Yeah I'm from the old school when people used to talk chips - like a Conforti chip for the E30 M3.....So if I'm running the procede, my check engine light will come on just like it would without the procede (stock), then I can hook up my laptop and see what the code is? I just want to be sure that the check engine light will come on the same way it normally does as and I won't have to hook up the laptop and check for codes all the time.....
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #800
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Yep, check engine light will still come on. You just connect your procede and read the codes. The codes will be in hexi decimal, so you'll have to convert them to find the alpha numerical code. There's a lot of online calculators to convert from hexi to alpha
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #801
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Tothetop
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #802
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Hey bro, hope all is well, question for you.

Wednesday evening I flashed my AP with S1 Sport (DCI the rest stock). So far so good, and having a lot of fun.

Now my next step is to understand how to read and log performance data. Is there a such thing as a cheat sheet, per say.

something I can compare to see if my logs are optimum?

I am getting 14.2 average peak boost, no error codes and running smooth, so I am amusing everything is normal. But of course that doesn't mean it can't be better. any pointers will be appreciated.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #803
Turbo Frenetic
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 335i, 2008 E92

Hello
What about CXracing intercooler? is it good?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #804
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
sorry for the late replies, have been on vacation :beerchug:
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #805
bryce
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Hey bro, hope all is well, question for you.

Wednesday evening I flashed my AP with S1 Sport (DCI the rest stock). So far so good, and having a lot of fun.

Now my next step is to understand how to read and log performance data. Is there a such thing as a cheat sheet, per say.

something I can compare to see if my logs are optimum?

I am getting 14.2 average peak boost, no error codes and running smooth, so I am amusing everything is normal. But of course that doesn't mean it can't be better. any pointers will be appreciated.
post up a log, with boost, IAT's, RPM's, ignition timing on all cylinders, and a few other channels recorded. you want to watch the ignition timing, IAT's, and boost. there's literally hundreds of other channels that you can log (WGDC, TPS actual, etc) that are helpful. just research what each value means and log your car to see actuals. i am happy to help if you post up logs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Frenetic View Post
Hello
What about CXracing intercooler? is it good?
hey,
yes, CX racing is a great intercooler. i had one on my old 135i. it's CHEAP (don't buy the $450 kit, you can do it yourself for $200 or so)
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #806
Turbo Frenetic
Private
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:

hey,
yes, CX racing is a great intercooler. i had one on my old 135i. it's CHEAP (don't buy the $450 kit, you can do it yourself for $200 or so)
PM please about cheap way.
and Bryce, what will be faster cobb or proceed?
cobb is easy to use, but proceed is little cheaper, i don't know what to buy.
THANKS

Last edited by Turbo Frenetic; 07-02-2012 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #807
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
post up a log, with boost, IAT's, RPM's, ignition timing on all cylinders, and a few other channels recorded. you want to watch the ignition timing, IAT's, and boost. there's literally hundreds of other channels that you can log (WGDC, TPS actual, etc) that are helpful. just research what each value means and log your car to see actuals. i am happy to help if you post up logs
Well, talk about a noob...

I did some pulls but kept messing up, nervous about traffic.. and left my damn traction control on (1st pull)(Does that matter?). Then my 2nd pull i thought i was in 3rd, but nope, i did a 2nd to 3rd, run, but couldn't finish 3rd gear due to a vehicle. anyway, if you can work with these cool. If not, I'll be doing some better pulls at a different location this weekend.

2007 E92 AT. COBB AP Stage 1 Sport with DCI, 91 Octane (Ca.)

thanks again.. Vince
Files are csv, changed to txt for uploading.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1_3rd Gear Pull.txt (24.1 KB, 70 views)
File Type: txt 2_2nd-3rd Gear Pull.txt (34.0 KB, 252 views)

Last edited by VNeBLOB42; 07-02-2012 at 11:03 PM.. Reason: File Type..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #808
rader1
Banned
Rep
Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i

Unfortunately, there's a couple things wrong with your logs. You're having timing corrections on all your cylinders and your boost seems way low. However, your charge air temps were very high and that may be the cause for both, but ACN fuel is probably the cause of the timing drops. I recommend flashing over to the Drive map to fix the timing corrections. Below is a plot of your 2-3 pull log.

Also, here's a DIY on datalogging with Cobb and reviewing the logs http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...talogging+cobb
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #809
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
^^^^^

Hey thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I'll change to S1 drive and post another log.

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #810
Turbo Frenetic
Private
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodleecyrb View Post
FYI- you can't accept PM's yet, because you only have 2 posts. i think you need 15 posts to be able to PM?

godspeed intercooler can be had for $150 or so here

then, just buy silicone hoses and t-bar clamps. there's a DIY on this website about what parts you need. all in all, you can do everything for $200-225
Godspeed and cxracing, the same shit?

Can I use DP's, intake and intercooler on stock tune?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #811
rader1
Banned
Rep
Drives: Cobb Stage 2+ 135i

Quote:

CXracing and godspeed are pretty much the same thing. Go with whichever you can get cheaper. Neither intercoolers are bad, neither are really great either. If you're comfortable spending ~$600 I recommend picking up the Wagner FMIC instead.

Yes, you can run FMIC, intake and DPs without a tune. If you run cat less DPs without a tune you'll throw CELs.

However, I recommend picking up a tune before any other mods first though, it's definitely the best bang for the buck mod. With a tune you'll pickup 30-50whp. All the bolt-ons without a tune is probably only worth ~15hp and will be more expensive than a tune.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #812
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:

Godspeed, CX Racing, both generic brand FMIC upgrades. Will require more cutting & prep-work for them to be properly installed into a 335. If you want an inexpensive upgrade, get the Wagner core (they can ship it to you directly from Germany). Basically just remove the old IC & put in the Wagner.

You can use DPs, intake + and FMIC on stock tune, but it'd be absolutely worthless and could actually decrease performance. Because there is not tune installed, the Lambda (emissions) fault codes that the o2 sensors pick up will trim your fuel & could unintentionally cause misfires. The 1st performance mod should always be a tune. A tune is the foundation for all following mods & really bring out all the gains from mods installed after (intake, FMIC, DPs, Meth, etc).
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #813
Turbo Frenetic
Private
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rader1 View Post
CXracing and godspeed are pretty much the same thing. Go with whichever you can get cheaper. Neither intercoolers are bad, neither are really great either. If you're comfortable spending ~$600 I recommend picking up the Wagner FMIC instead.

Yes, you can run FMIC, intake and DPs without a tune. If you run cat less DPs without a tune you'll throw CELs.

However, I recommend picking up a tune before any other mods first though, it's definitely the best bang for the buck mod. With a tune you'll pickup 30-50whp. All the bolt-ons without a tune is probably only worth ~15hp and will be more expensive than a tune.
Thanks for good answer.
I want to buy one by one mods, and then flash tune and have space strike under my ass.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #814
Turbo Frenetic
Private
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Godspeed, CX Racing, both generic brand FMIC upgrades. Will require more cutting & prep-work for them to be properly installed into a 335. If you want an inexpensive upgrade, get the Wagner core (they can ship it to you directly from Germany). Basically just remove the old IC & put in the Wagner.

You can use DPs, intake + and FMIC on stock tune, but it'd be absolutely worthless and could actually decrease performance. Because there is not tune installed, the Lambda (emissions) fault codes that the o2 sensors pick up will trim your fuel & could unintentionally cause misfires. The 1st performance mod should always be a tune. A tune is the foundation for all following mods & really bring out all the gains from mods installed after (intake, FMIC, DPs, Meth, etc).
Oh man,you know how to convince.
Ok, first will buy COBB.

With exhaust car has less chance to be stolen))
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread