E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CCC/iDrive issue

04-20-2018, 11:00 AM   #1
jrsniper12453
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

CCC/iDrive issue

Hey guys, I need some help figuring out how to get my idrive screen working again. Essentially I put in a new screen and emulator that required tapping into the power wires going to the screen. The new screen was actually working until I after I tapped the power wires (in 2 places for 2 devices) and then nada. I stupidly didn't do it stepwise so I'm not sure which one messed it up. But regardless, I removed the tap and put the original screen back in and still have no screen, backlight, radio, voice commands, and get the "no SOS" error on my dash. Everything is back to stock at this point.

-I checked fuses 2, 23, 31, and 8 which are all the ones that look related on the attached photo
-the cd/dvd drive still spins and ejects the nav dvd
-I pulled out the CCC unit because some people said there’s a fuse back there but I didn’t find one
-the idrive knob clicks through spins like it’s working. For instance I can hold down to get to entertainment, and then click through radio stations.
-no audio from the speakers
-voice command does not work
-no backlight or signs of anything from the screen
- I tried the 3 finger reset, as well as leaving the battery disconnected for a while.

The most likely thing I can think of given how it stopped working after the tap of 2 devices is it blew a fuse, but like I said I think I checked all the ones that could be related and they are fine. Any ideas?

View post on imgur.com
      04-22-2018, 05:52 PM   #2
Greyfox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91 - 330k+ (miles)

There is a fuse right above the optics cable inputs behind the master plug.
Appreciate 0