E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > AP Racing 600 Brake Fluid Experience/Reviews?

08-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
DCTepper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance

AP Racing 600 Brake Fluid Experience/Reviews?

Have an autocross coming up this Sunday and I need to flush my brake system. Ideally I would like to get some ATE Super Blue or Motul, but neither are available in my area. Closest thing I can find is AP Racing 600 for $25/16oz. I have never heard of this fluid before, which makes me cautious, does anyone have any experience and/or feedback on it?

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's & Porsche's

If you're not taking the car to the track anytime soon, this brake fluid will work fine. You're brakes get hotter driving on the street than they do at an autocross...you could even run OEM fluid if you want, as long as it's new.

You'll be fine with that fluid if you want to try it, I wouldn't worry about it if it were me
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
DCTepper
Private First Class
Rep

Thank you, just wanted to make sure it wasn't one of those odd-ball fluids that didn't work in our cars for some unforeseen reason or had special needs (i.e. the website says you must first drain the entire system before adding the AP fluid). I considered just picking up some OEM from my local stealership, but figured if I am going to go through the trouble of flushing the system I might as well upgrade to something better.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep

When you bleed the brakes, just try and look for the new fluid coming through your catch can that you're bleeding into. Once you get to the new fluid and all the air is out, tighten up your bleed hole and move onto the next one and you'll be good to go.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
DCTepper
Private First Class
Rep

That is why I like fluids like ATE Super Blue, makes it MUCH easier to identify when the old fluid is out and the new fluid is in.

I found 1 liter of ATE Super Blue at a local indy shop, would 1L be enough to flush my system or would it be cutting it too close? I'd prefer not to mix if at all possible.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #6
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTepper View Post
That is why I like fluids like ATE Super Blue, makes it MUCH easier to identify when the old fluid is out and the new fluid is in.

I found 1 liter of ATE Super Blue at a local indy shop, would 1L be enough to flush my system or would it be cutting it too close? I'd prefer not to mix if at all possible.
If you just start bleeding to the point where you start seeing the blue fluid you should be fine, but if are doing a complete flush, then you would need two. I think one can will be enough to bleed all 4 corners until you see the super blue fluid coming through. The main thing is getting the air bubbles out and getting fresh fluid in the lines.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
DCTepper
Private First Class
Rep

Thank you for your help!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for your help!
Anytime!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #9
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
The dye in Superblue stains EVERYTHING it touches. You'll never get that blue hue out of your brake system once you use it.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0