E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > RTA - Wankers!

05-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #23
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwaddiction View Post
you should see some of the retards here at Dickson RTA in Canberra... you end up waiting an hour just to hand in a form or sign something
Dang it, you serious? I have to drive down there soon to sort something out for my mothers car... what day/time do you think would have the lowest waiting period? In a perfect world, I would simply walk in and be served right away
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 02:33 AM   #24
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKN3 View Post
That'd be the way to go mate. Perhaps if they don't give you any love, cancel your payment and old plates and repay the rego fee all before the due date. The OSR couldn't do a thing
I could do that but then I'd have to get a blue slip as the car would be considered by them as unregistered.

The whole thing is dumb.

Have written to the RTA and my local member who is also the premier asking for a refund.
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 05:47 AM   #25
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPALX View Post
F*cking bonehead wanker dick head public service idiot that had dribble all over his face and a shirt that looked like it had never seen the inside of a washing machine!!
Too funny !!!

Its can sometimes be bloody frustrating dealing with the RTA. Must be why they have warnings plastered everywhere against hurling abuse at their valued employees.

Glad you called the RTA directly and managed to talk to someone that is level headed. myPlates is no longer managed by the RTA, but as a service provider for myPlates, any advice given should be uniform across the board, especially considering the RTA is an organisation whose framework is built around rules and procedures.

Please let us know how you get on.

- Thanks for the post. It just reminded me that I need to get into the RTA to pay annual fee for plates that I have on hold !! Forgot all about them.
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PS4S | LUX V3 | MHD V5 E40 | Steve AZ Walbro inline | Vishnu DCI | BMS CP | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #26
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Update, received a cheque in the post today for $400 from the RTA "refund - overpayment"

So I guess they are not complete arse-wipes, just incompetent fools with no ability to make sensible decisions based on merit / common sense.
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 11:34 PM   #27
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

When I applied for my exemption the RTA woman called me 3 times asking me if I was SURE I was on my green Ps...what the fuck woman check your own goddamn system if you don't believe me

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #28
wassell2381
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 Xdrive 3.0D

Garage List
2009 320d E90 LCI  [0.00]
2009 320d  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by playwithonehand View Post
Classic RTA story,

They made a mistake on my stamp duty cost only charging me $135 instead of $1350.
I was so OMFG happy but then received a letter to pay the outstanding in 14days.

I knew this day would come damn it.
WHATT!!! U only paid $1350

I just paid my stamp duty on 42odd and it was $2015

WA have a variable calc and on that amout its 5% which is crazy
White LCI 320d
Space Grey LCI 320d
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 05:59 AM   #29
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Update, received a cheque in the post today for $400 from the RTA "refund - overpayment"

So I guess they are not complete arse-wipes, just incompetent fools with no ability to make sensible decisions based on merit / common sense.
Great to hear. Good result.
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PS4S | LUX V3 | MHD V5 E40 | Steve AZ Walbro inline | Vishnu DCI | BMS CP | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #30
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Well I did mention incompetent didn't I

Received a phone call this morning, lady was very apologetic and indicated their system is not designed to give a refund.

So what they have decided to do, if it's okay with me, is to waive the $400 fee on my rego next year , and this has been noted in their system so will automatically occur.

In summary, I received a $400 refund cheque and a $400 fee waive next year. So in essence I received an extra $400 cash from the RTA ....... I did mention incompetence didn't I
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #31
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

lol that's awesome.

btw Wassell, NSW stamp duty is 3% of purchase price or market value, whichever is higher... that said when you go to the RTA 99% of people will write a lower amount on the price paid to avoid as much stamp duty as possible... as long as you're sensible and don't put $20 or something you can save a few hundred bucks...

$1350/0.03 = $45,000
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #32
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
lol that's awesome.

btw Wassell, NSW stamp duty is 3% of purchase price or market value, whichever is higher... that said when you go to the RTA 99% of people will write a lower amount on the price paid to avoid as much stamp duty as possible... as long as you're sensible and don't put $20 or something you can save a few hundred bucks...

$1350/0.03 = $45,000

Me and Wassell turn out to the rare 1% and i turn out to be the rare 0.0001% genuine guy to pay back RTA's mistake.

Friend of mine works in RTA said, "if the mistakes were made by RTA Chatswood for miscalculating the rego fee, i shouldn't be liable for that but anyawy.

Could have got a new set of wheel with that $$ damn it.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #33
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

NSW SD is 3% to $45,000, then 5% on any amount above that.
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #34
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Have to have a little rant

I have always had custom number plates, which cost $400 extra per year.

Recently I ordered some new ones due to my business name changing, the cost to order them was $200 which I paid. There is an annual fee of $400 per year which is added to your rego.
WOW!!! I had custom plates made (in the name of my business) in 1992. Paid the once for them and here in Vic, have never paid an annual fee for them since. Even when moving on from my E36 to E46 to E90.

Sorry to read about the rest of your story. Once you are refunded, go back to the rta and wave it in their faces!!!

Hope it all works out fairly for you.

Cheers
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #35
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Stuart, don't cash the cheque until you renew next year's rego
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #36
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by playwithonehand View Post
Me and Wassell turn out to the rare 1% and i turn out to be the rare 0.0001% genuine guy to pay back RTA's mistake.

Friend of mine works in RTA said, "if the mistakes were made by RTA Chatswood for miscalculating the rego fee, i shouldn't be liable for that but anyawy.

Could have got a new set of wheel with that $$ damn it.
"playwithonehand" is that how you like to navigate the internet? One handed surfing??
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 05:51 AM   #37
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Gurr seams the RTA has snookered me.

The $400 fee is per plate, so if I'd not renewed my rego prior to picking up the new ones I'd have only been charged $53.

They are investigating if they can refund my rego payment (since it's still not due) which would mean they would send me a new renewal notice with the normal fees less the prepaid annual fee.

Stupid public servants with stupid rules.
Any joy in getting the refund? Personally I think $400 per is robbery to start with.
Plus the last thing I need (with the way i drive) is an extra target on the back of my car
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #38
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcockley View Post
Any joy in getting the refund? Personally I think $400 per is robbery to start with.
Plus the last thing I need (with the way i drive) is an extra target on the back of my car
Actually I got a refund + they are waiving the fee next year as well
Appreciate 0