E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Manuals, Invoice/MSRP Pricing, Buying Guides, Bulletins, etc. > Potentially buying E90 (Warranty question)

11-26-2010, 01:38 AM   #1
Dann0
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Potentially buying E90 (Warranty question)

So i'm looking to join the bimmer club, however there are some things concerning the warranty that I'm had questions about.

I am interested in a 2006 330i....now that its the end of 2010 all of these shoould be out of factory warranty. Can I still get an extended warranty from BMW? Is there some sort of short grace period to renew the warranty or do you HAVE to get it extended while the car is still under the factory warranty (A friend of mine mentioned you could take the car to BMW and get it inspected and if it passes they will let you extend the warranty even the factory warranty had expired)? If that is the case, are there any known reputable third party warranties people use?

If in the case that you absolutely cannot extend the warranty on a 330i (and there are no reputable third party warranties), would I be correct in thinking that the better option would be to just gun for a 335i? Yes i have read of the FP problems, but the car would be under warranty and I still have the option of extending the warranty.

Sorry for the novel, but thanks in advance for your help/opinions.
Appreciate 0