E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > iDrive Default to Navigation?

09-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
toicy4ya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330XI

iDrive Default to Navigation?

Sup guys,

I want to set default iDrive function to Entertainment on startup for an 06 E90. I have enabled VA_FB_ENTERTAINMENT from nicht_aktiv to aktiv in cas using my PSW FSW Man profile but it didnt work. Can anyone correct me where i went wrong?

I did a search for "VA_FB_ENTERTAINMENT" under the coding section but it only yielded 2 results. One didnt offer a resolution and the other had over 196 posts. yea, i dont have 3 days to spare to read all those posts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Bro you are one of the most clueless beginners I have ever seen on any board! I would be scared to death if you tried to code any other car besides your own.
To make it work you don't code cas module but code the module which you need to make changes to. Find the module cappl and code that script you listed above to aktiv and you will have coded it to work. I am sorry but you still don't understand the concept of what to do. I mean you have the coding spreadsheet I hope and under each code there is a module that u need to access to make changes. Why in the world would u use CAS when navi coding is clearly listed under cappl or cic modules.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
toicy4ya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330XI

lol, i thought you were my mentor bro, whats up?

I actually meant to write CAPPL not CAS.

and just for the record i've gotten better. I added a couple of more things to my list of successful coding;

* Disable iDrive Disclaimer
* Side Marker Delete
* Disabled Seat Belt Chime Driver/Passenger
* Lock/unlock beep option in iDrive
* Alarm beep on lock
* Alarm beep on unlock
* Open/Close all windows and sunroof with fob
* Fold/unfold mirrors with fob
* Digital Speed in Cluster
* Disabled Door Gong
* Disable windows safety(open door will not interrupt windows roll up)
* Wipers wipe to End position after turning engine off
* Enable Panic Alarm
* Activate Alarm Hood Switch

Im becoming a Guru homey admit it.

Getting back to the initial topic of discussion, I have enabled VA_FB_ENTERTAINMENT from nicht_aktiv to aktiv in CAPPL using my PSW FSW Man profile but it didnt work. Can anyone correct me where i went wrong?

Appreciate 0