E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Carbon Fiber Performance Trunk Lip...

10-10-2015, 01:41 AM   #1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 | BMW 335xi

Carbon Fiber Performance Trunk Lip...

I recently purchased an eBay carbon fiber trunk lip/spoiler. I had a pretty positive experience and was impressed with the make/quality of the product for the price. I figured I would share some pictures and my opinion. I paid $169.00 for it and it was listed as a "Performance Type Trunk Spoiler" (purportedly an M performance replica) on the bay.

The only bad thing is the following. When the lip arrived it had double sided tape pre-applied. Some would think this is a good thing but it was knockoff 3M double sided tape and was very poorly applied. They take the time to make this very nice carbon fiber lip and it looks like someone took 20 seconds to apply the double sided tape to the lip. The tape was crooked as hell and looked like a guy had consumed a 750ml of alcohol before applying the tape .

Seriously though, it's a nice trunk lip for the money. If you buy one though, remove the garbage tape that comes with it and go to your local general automotive store and pick up some legitimate 3M double sided tape. Just for laughs I mounted the wing with the double-sided tape that came pre-applied to see how long it would last. It lasted a day before one side of the wing started to lift. I reapplied the wing with the 3M tape it has be solid going on 3 weeks. Time will tell though...

Here are the Picture of the lip/spoiler:

COBB ProTune (91 Octane) | COBB FMIC | VRSF Catless DPs | BMS DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust | 19x10 Avant Garde M359 | Michelin PSS | LUX V4 Angel Eyes | OEM Black Grille
Appreciate 0